It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:31 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982
Class: Engineer

Post slave weapon priority
basically i think it would be a brilliant idea to be able to change which weapon a slave will use when possible perhaps some form of new option with the slave inventory that allows you to set which weapon/s will have priority so wil use them over others equiped.
would make slaves more usable in certain ubers since you could put a MT on one for dps then change the priority when wanted so it uses another wep instead

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Post Re: slave weapon priority
Brilliant. There are many times I want to use certain weapon mixes on my slaves but then I know they will use one of them at a moment in which it would provide no bonus. I end up just doing 3 shots due to this =/

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Defiant
Main: The Aether
Level: 140
Class: Speed Demon

Very useful since parasite weapons get their damage from parasites, which I isnt factored in the current priority system(Damage 1st then Range)

The Salty One wrote:
"Hur Hur someone 20X my level in a massive dreadnought... POKE"

Last edited by ProjectRay12 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:55 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Actually, the weapon selection code for AI's is fairly sophisticated, and it does take into account parasites and grem effects, as well as the damage type and the targets resists and diffusers.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile WWW

what i mean is not that the weapon that automatically gets used wont get more overall dps on the target but that if it was possible to make slaves use certiain weapons at one point you would be able to use a wider range ofweps more effectivly, e.g you know using a certain wep wil hardly ever hit the target even though it does more dps so you set it to only use other weapons equiped

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
Actually, the weapon selection code for AI's is fairly sophisticated, and it does take into account parasites and grem effects, as well as the damage type and the targets resists and diffusers.

Then would u mind explaining why slaves chose a wep that the enemy got 100% resistance to when having a wep that they got 40% resistance to?

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

JeffL wrote:

I like that they are able to choose based on what will hurt the most... but theres a reason why people rarely use projectile weps on slaves. Having this would allow you to be able to use them effectively as you could determine and control when it would be able to hit, if I understand the idea correctly...

I think it would be a pretty useful feature that deserves consideration at the least :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

The slave weapon code is quite good, but it does have some severe problems.

Such as: (assuming this hasn't been fixed) slaves will completely ignore the resistances of AI pillboxes, thus often using radiation weapons on termite mounds.

They also seem to value weapons which deal a higher dps over things such as efficiency... I used to put lincins on my slaves for DGs, but after the AI rad buff Gneut/lincins was no longer a viable option. I tried to remedy this via MTC, but to my dismay they used the LION INCINERATORS on the platforms, saving an extra second whilst killing the AI and then dying painfully with 0 bank.

tl;dr
Slaves are still stupid and there are fundamental issues which could easily be solved via a direct control over which weapons they use, perhaps even using the programming skill to 'save' these preferences.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

There are 2 ways that I could come up with that would solve this issue altogether.

1. One way to solve this would be to have an interface where you can set priority for weapon types dependent on the AI. Downside to this is every time a new type of AI is added, it would have to be fed into this new interface, and slaves would have to know what type of AI they are attacking etc.

2. Hotkeying weapons for your slaves; Using the weapon in the form of a hotkey would auto-override their normal calculation for weapon choice until the AI that your slaves are fighting dies, then they choose their weapons automatically for the next AI unless you override.

1 is more a preemptive strategy for choosing weapons in certain scenarios. 2 is more dynamic, since you can tell your slaves what to use on the fly without having to interact with a new interface.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874

I suggest a menu like the "e" menu, so hotkeys yeah. Maybe holding e could bring up the ship weapon menu AND a slave weapon menu, where you could click to choose.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail

bump

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:11 am
Profile E-mail