Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Random aggro bosses
Mail wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
anilv wrote:
...On the other hand, I don't think that random aggro should be a widespread boss property any more than Brute Force should be more than a one-time novelty.

With engineers in the state they are in, random aggro isn't the least bit fair to them. When you are going up against AI that can potentially 1 shot drones, what incentive is there to do anything other than elec squadmates?

Engineer sob-story Wah, wah wah.

Timmeh

This is exactly why you don't belong in any team. Biggee has not verbally attacked you in any way, and you start up with this behavior again. Biggee is not bitching about anything, he is pointing at a problem and many people share his opinion with him.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

seanla4350 wrote:
This is exactly why you don't belong in any team. Biggee has not verbally attacked you in any way, and you start up with this behavior again. Biggee is not bitching about anything, he is pointing at a problem and many people share his opinion with him.

This is the effect, not the cause.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

He's not any harder than before to kill on SD, I find.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Mail wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
If you don't have anything nice to say, fuck off :)

Seriously though, near every post you making is BITCHING about engineers.

Timmeh

There have been 3 engineer topics in the last week; am I not allowed to justifiably "bitch" about a broken game mechanic in the appropriate topic(s)? It applies to this topic as well, so I made a post referencing the issue.

Also, your comment is highly inaccurate. According to my post statistics, 37% of my posts are in misc, while 50 of those are in a single topic; "Custom C2 Pics".

Now, if "near every post" I made was bitching about engineers, wouldn't my most active topic be "Tr0lls for the luls"? If you have any further inquiries into my motives or actions, please send me an email at my new domain: l2troll@trollingnoobs.com

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Timmeh

Don't try to tell me you put on this behavior just after you got booted. I have no issues in actually looking up all previous posts you have made that are in the same category as this one. If you wish me to do so, then please, respond to this topic. There is nothing else I love more than to show other people how wrong they are at times.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Ahem, random boss aggro. Specifically Dark Kobaldstein but others as well. What is the deal?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Timmeh

Don't try to tell me you put on this behavior just after you got booted. I have no issues in actually looking up all previous posts you have made that are in the same category as this one. If you wish me to do so, then please, respond to this topic. There is nothing else I love more than to show other people how wrong they are at times.

Everyone knows you're a self-righteous idiot who thinks he's so good the sun shines out of his ass; God's gift to the universe.

I don't care what you do nublet.

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Vigoratus
Level: 1648

anilv wrote:
Ahem, random boss aggro. Specifically Dark Kobaldstein but others as well. What is the deal?

ENEMY

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

anilv wrote:

I think random boss aggro is justified in certain scenarios, but not as a wide-spread mechanic in its current form. I don't play enough to notice a difference in certain AI aggro code though, so my input may be invalid.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Mail wrote:
Everyone knows you're a self-righteous idiot who thinks he's so good the sun shines out of his ass; God's gift to the universe.

You are hilarious, but I guess that is what people get to when they know they have lost. Now, what next Time Warp, start insulting my real life or something?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Mail wrote:

You are hilarious, but I guess that is what people get to when they know they have lost. Now, what next Time Warp, start insulting my real life or something?

Can you two throw handbags in PM? This is enks thread about a legitimate problem

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail

seanla4350 wrote:
Mail wrote:

I"m actually going on a cruise for the next 8 nights.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

For Kobaldstein, his 'random' aggro was very much intended (I didn't spend the good part of 6 hours planning it out and putting it into his boss script for no reason ).

Mausoleum ubers are random (or as random as a psudo-random number gen. can be) but do change at a set interval.

Dark Kobaldstein is 'random', in the sense that he doesn't use the random attack mode like the Mausoleum ubers do, he uses a mixture of passive and 4 others (you can work that out. :) ). Which randomly gets picked which to change to, at a random chance (at a set interval).

I did recently make him a bit easy to 'manage', I increased the times between rolls on swapping, increased the chance on swapping a bit (since the time is much greater), and I *think* (I most likely did, but unsure) gave him a chance not to use a virus laser.

I was thinking of dropping in some shouts too, to give an indication of who the new target is. But I haven't done so.

However, random or 'random' aggro is something I'll be using sparingly in the future, not that I used it much before anyway.

As for Mausoleum, their random aggro was also intentional.

Support

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Gal shouts would be a must, I think. And it's your responsibility to get the zone tested for balance. When we last tried (on live, of our own volition), the boss was discouragingly difficult and with no great chance of reward at the end of it. With Pretender Poseidon, I gladly gave up over ten GG20 before my first successful kill because I knew I needed to figure him out in order to progress in this game. In the case of Infernal Darkness... Traders already has at least a third of all the stuff you can get in there, and while some things are decent, there's just not the same impetus. I personally won't be going in there again before it's well tested, no matter how bored I get.

As for Mausoleum, for a zone in which all or most bosses can be soloed by a Speed Demon or Sniper, it seems kind of lame to give a Zerk+ShM+Engi squad that much trouble. I can understand making content that is challenging for conventional squads, but why make it a sinecure to solo on some other class?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

enk,

I do brute and tank undead caly/jey/code/voomy/helro on my sniper + shm and have no probs?

:x

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail