It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:20 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Post PVP
With deaths that cost as little as 30k creds and a profit of around 500..whats the point in pvping?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 am

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

Post Re: PVP
Good point, lets just not PvP anymore. No PvP in Celestial, no PvP in Earthforce, reduced cost of deaths with reduced gains from killing others. You should learn to play nice with others instead.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

There's no blimming point, until Admins realise this shit I wont be subbing. Oh which could be the next 6-8 years.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

The current repair value is not right, expect it to change, the goal is in the 250m for an end game player, and 100mil for a regular t20 (then going lower and lower for lower techs).

Just that we prefered lower than too high as a begining while people got used to the fact that they dont need gg and that scraps will drop on death.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Cpt Lunarion
Level: 1801
Class: Engineer

zhuang281 wrote:
With deaths that cost as little as 30k creds and a profit of around 500..whats the point in pvping?

What was ever the point in pvp?

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
the players are not just bitching about nothing

yes they are.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 3625

Remove repairing and make gg cost more.
And can you eve lose stuff anymore?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

lammas 528 wrote:

That'd make the game far harder for newer players, which is what will kill the game. If a new player cannot pay for GG thats now 4x as expensive, he just won't play, and SS will get some very bad reviews.

And if theres no new blood, slowly, SS will die as people quit.

The repair system is awesome. It means no one has catastrophic losses. Those losses tend to make people quit. Imagine if I smacked you and you lost a couple Heph Strikers? Those things are at least 250b, each. How would you feel? Probably down enough to quit SS. Yes, thats a possibility with GG.

For a new person with maybe one character, if I camped his corpse(war) or kill him too many times(random pirating), he may not have enough money to keep buying GG, or just quit outright. The repair system means he'll know theres no way he can lose stuff, so he won't be worried as much.

If you don't lose stuff, you'd be more likely to pvp and fight. Now only if we could do that for galaxies too, and get rid of the political web of friends...

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 3625

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
lammas 528 wrote:

That'd make the game far harder for newer players, which is what will kill the game. If a new player cannot pay for GG thats now 4x as expensive, he just won't play, and SS will get some very bad reviews.

The repair system is awesome. It means no one has catastrophic losses. Those losses tend to make people quit. Imagine if I smacked you and you lost a couple Heph Strikers? Those things are at least 250b, each. How would you feel? Probably down enough to quit SS. Yes, thats a possibility with GG.

For a new person with maybe one character, if I camped his corpse(war) or kill him too many times(random pirating), he may not have enough money to keep buying GG, or just quit outright. The repair system means he'll know theres no way he can lose stuff, so he won't be worried as much.

If you don't lose stuff, you'd be more likely to pvp and fight. Now only if we could do that for galaxies too, and get rid of the political web of friends...

Just double gg cost, so it would not be too expensive.
Also if i would lose heph striker it would be my own fault that i were too dumb to check my gg.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:04 pm

lammas 528 wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
lammas 528 wrote:

Just double gg cost, so it would not be too expensive.
Also if i would lose heph striker it would be my own fault that i were too dumb to check my gg.

I had a friend who was DGing with me, he died once on our day of runs, he went to the AI base and clicked the Gear Glue 20... undocked and we went DGing some more... He died again and this time lost 3/4 the gear on his ship. He was surprised to find that not only did clicking glue in the trade bay not get him some more he actually sold all the glue he had left. Yes he was stupid to not double check everything before undocking but mistakes happen and they can be very tragic, I like the repair system.

For drones though, I suggest we take the middle ground.. no repairable but also they shouldn't just *vanish* when killed. I say give them 5 lives, unrepairable.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

The issue with pvp is that u dont win a lot now, not that you dont lose a lot. Pvp should be made profiable as should pirating, but not to the catastrophic loss of the loser.

Its early days, I expect devs in the future will look to provide something like battlegrounds and expanded pvp rewards, missions all that stuff.

The repair system has only just begun. Drones should be repairable too, whats the argument against it? sounds fair enough?

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

The repair system was intentionally made to be low-cost to facilitate the transition. They can always tweak the formula later to incentivize PvP properly.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 pm

sabre198 wrote:
The issue with pvp is that u dont win a lot now, not that you dont lose a lot. Pvp should be made profiable as should pirating, but not to the catastrophic loss of the loser.

Its early days, I expect devs in the future will look to provide something like battlegrounds and expanded pvp rewards, missions all that stuff.

The repair system has only just begun. Drones should be repairable too, whats the argument against it? sounds fair enough?

I was talking to Jeff on IRC, he's still strongly against drones being made repairable.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874

Javatech wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I was talking to Jeff on IRC, he's still strongly against drones being made repairable.

Was there a reason?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:49 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187

The reason is FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY!

Teh Meo :)

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:29 am

Its already been said the new system will still suck even when price tweaked because not everyone has space to scoop the parts droped and other then creds thats all you get

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:19 am
Profile E-mail