It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:24 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Team: Phoenix Talons
Main: PhoenixSpyrfyr
Level: 1804
Class: Engineer

Post is abandoning base bug?
hi i am sure this is not a bug but i'll ask anyway is abandoning base for another member or player to take a bug? or abandoning base while bvp or bvb for another member to take it a bug? please reply so i know. thanks

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Team: None
Main: RoflSheep
Level: 0
Class: None

Post Re: is abandoning base bug?
abandoning a base in the middle of a fight for somone that is out of pvp range (of the people fighting obviously) to take, heal up, and then have it given back to the other character that IS in pvp range mid fight is not a bug.

its an exploit, and you should be banned for it.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

It's old exploit too it seems. I never did figure out how PC managed to get a base that was clearly in pvp range of mine, and taking damage(at 25% when I logged)...to a level 800 on QR...600 levels out of pvp range for both of us.

That battle, TG knows when, took place about 14 months ago.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 pm

RoflWaffle wrote:
abandoning a base in the middle of a fight for somone that is out of pvp range (of the people fighting obviously) to take, heal up, and then have it given back to the other character that IS in pvp range mid fight is not a bug.

i did not know it was an exploit if i did then i would not have done it i don't see any where on the forum or in the rules about that being one so there for i did not know i even asked in all chat about it they said no

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Rhezmyn
Level: 1921

DragonSpyrfyr wrote:
RoflWaffle wrote:

i did not know it was an exploit if i did then i would not have done it i don't see any where on the forum or in the rules about that being one so there for i did not know i even asked in all chat about it they said no

There is a rule against transferring a base out of PvP range in the middle of the battle.

To get around this, knowing FULL WELL that rule, you abandoned the base to transfer, which, in this case, should be bannable, whether you "didn't know it was an exploit" or not.

The Voomy One wrote:
I've heard that butterfly is a insect...apparently with wings and shit.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

DragonSpyrfyr wrote:
RoflWaffle wrote:

Honestly thats all a load of shit lol. You would have tried to transfer the base first and it would have told you why you weren't able to, then with a bit of quick thinking you deliberately worked around the game mechanic that had just stopped you from transferring the base. Were it not for the fact that you knew you are supposed to be unable to transfer a base during an assault I might believe you. And even if you didn't know that you still should be banned for wilful abuse of PvP ranges.

Also, since when does all chat decide the rules of the game. You hit a wall trying to transfer a base in combat due to an ingame mechanic, you then proceded to find a way around that mechanic it is the very definition of exploiting.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

i was banned for 2 weeks for spamming T6 kits during combat. I sucked it up and accepted the consequences even though i had not known it was bannable. My suggestion is stick your head up and take whatever comes your way. In star sonata how you handle situations is everything. not the situation itself.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

well if i get ban i hope it will be tempary that all i will ask....will also be my first ban on any mmo too. sadly i paid a year sub on my acc and sad if that get wasted

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142

Any time you have some idea that seems too good to be true...It probably is.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:05 pm

sleepysnagrund wrote:
you got that right

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

sleepysnagrund wrote:

Damn straight man :/

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]