It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 1504
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Comments about Pre-Alpha Video 2
It looks like it's coming along nicely. The ships are a little flat, but I can deal with that. Suns and planets are awesome, warps and the warp effect are uber, and the weapon effects are sweet, as well as space stations. The way debris boxes kind of unfold from the explosion of AI is cool, I don't know if that was intentional or not.

I have an issue with the coins. They remind me a lot of Super Mario 64. xD And the debris boxes confused me a little because they looked like Augmenters. (Can I see a screeny of a floating aug please?).

A few things I would like to see:
Augs
Asteroids
Userbases
UZ
UZ warp

And as a suggestion for those who want to change the color scheme of thier GUI, is there a way you can impliment the sliding color bar method that Windows Media Player and some First-Person Shooters use to allow personalization of the skin or crosshair?

Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 pm
Profile YIM

Team: TorchWood
Main: Apocalypse Pony
Level: 820
Class: Fleet Commander

Well when i was waching the video on the SS2promo website thing the vido had lag (even tho it was done buffering) so i had to get in my Wii and watchi it but anyway the ships look flat lets make them big kinda. I'm gonna need a new computer tho i can tell.

I'm gonna get a T25 EF ship or a pax Cap ship and some EFDN for slaves rofl.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Back
Main: t-master
Level: 2037
Class: Shield Monkey

forgot to add something to my last post... I wanna make love to it :mrgreen:

Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Gamepro07
Level: 1818
Class: Seer

It's quite amazing to see a game get recreated so quickly, cheers!

Everything looks great, I'm sure the UI and most of what looks odd in the video the developers have caught and it will all get fixed.

Couple things I'm going to mention,

1) I sure hope shots against shields of ships dont actually cloak the ship... Shooting a small ship looks like it gets cloaked in the place where the bullet hit.

2) Is it just me or is the Wormhole Warp sequence too long? I wouldn't want me screen to be blurred like that for so long after entering a new galaxy... not able to see what Green Battleship or gate camp or basils await you right there to kill you.. "And for that matter imagine going into a DG full of Battleships and not being able to see a (and thing for a couple of seconds.)

Other than that... i can't even start to list about what I like because it looks awesome. Flat ships I don't really care about... i mean.. a zebu is supposed to be flat.. its like an airplane or something like that.. light fighter.

So yeah, amazing job guys, keep up the good work! Hope to be able to test and find bugs sometime soon as well in open beta :)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: I LOVE LEO
Main: Loom
Level: 8
Class: None

This looks AWESOME. I think the wormholes should be a tad bigger

Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Gamepro08 wrote:
I sure hope shots against shields of ships dont actually cloak the ship... Shooting a small ship looks like it gets cloaked in the place where the bullet hit.

That's not a cloak. It's just a warping of the shields around the ship. On larger ships it's easier to see that it only occurs at the location of the impact and isn't meant to cover the whole ship. It was one of my favorite features.

I'm also impressed with the solution for attached bases. I know lots of people wondered how that would work in a 3D environment, and they look nice.

In several of those galaxies, the reflections from the sun made every ship the same color, and also very close to the color of the background. Will that be fairly common in many galaxies? I can see it being very tough to differentiate between different ships during a big battle.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 am

Main: Gamepro07
Level: 1818
Class: Seer

Dorin Nube wrote:
That's not a cloak. It's just a warping of the shields around the ship. On larger ships it's easier to see that it only occurs at the location of the impact and isn't meant to cover the whole ship. It was one of my favorite features.

I know that I know that I mean.. like.. it shouldn't do that... You should still be able to see the ship like normal.. but.. see the shields as well.

It's just awkward at the moment...

Maybe just change the wrapping of shields around the ship to blue and opacity of that at like 50%...

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 am
Profile E-mail

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

pip8786 wrote:
Uth Matar wrote:
Will be able to tweak the color scheme ? I do not like the pastel feeling game has it . I love when i can see clearly (like that shrimp in last video) .
Congrats on great work !!!

and there is 35 days until September when we will have first word of postponement ? XD hehehe

How many days till the last day of September? :)

You and your high math!
I actually miscalculated 01,09, but it is not important cos i was writing it only to squeeze a joke inside :) . I was thinking if my post gets noticed maybe i get the answer Xd!

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Looks great.

I'd like to say that I would have liked to see:

Iq' Bana
Copper
Base versus Base combat
Drones
UZ
Fighters launched from Capital ships

Will there be another video before the revealing?

Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Main: Cookie monsterrr
Level: 116
Class: Speed Demon

make the ammo realy come out of the place were it should come out (not out of the window or somthing)

And please please Make some different player bases or give you the options to select colors of your base i am sick of seeing 30 gray dots in every gal.

and yes some ships look kinda flat

The options to control the guns on your bases when docked would be cool and they go back to auto turrets when undocked giving so in wars you can say who you attack (so you could attack the fighters first then the main ship)

Ships on fire maby have a fire trail (you can see from the outside the ship is on fire)

And i am wondering that in sol i only have 20 fps will my computer be able to play this game normaly (I am able to play full 3d games like css with 30fps so i dont realy understand why this simple 2d game as such a low fps)

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Raynor
Level: 20

Liked the general feeling of it. Very "spacy" and fluid movement.

Ships seem a bit bulbous, primarily the Panther. Could use some more straight/sharp edges.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
ok...

1. the wormholes need to be bigger( meaning they are big circles then taper down)
2. i noticed in mad+s video that height now plays a part in ss. the goblins couldnt shoot or be shot at from the hotrod while above or below it. is that intentional?
3. there should be options to disable the shading of ships judging on the suns color. its just dang annoying.
4. please take out the zooming sound it drives me crazy.
5. something very disturbing, NO HEALTH BARS. that is a big problem.
6. all the ships exceopt the goblin need to be thicker. the capital ships look like little plastic platforms with sticks coming out.especially the pax ship. it literally looks like a paper boomerang painted black!
7. a way to color your ship would be nice. like you can change certain parts of the ship to different colors.
8.... BASES..... ARE .... TOOOOOOO .... FLAT... the one in mad+s video looked like a pancake! that needs to be changed.
9. finally, the ships look too cute. their too polished, they look like glass. make them look a little rougher!

other than that, everythings great. i noticed a problem with cargo looking exactly like augs. well, make the augs glow green!

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 am
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Pointless to comment on the mad+ video, it doesnt have anything to do with SS2.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:36 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
ok...

1. the wormholes need to be bigger( meaning they are big circles then taper down) Dont play SS if you dont like it.
2. i noticed in mad+s video that height now plays a part in ss. the goblins couldnt shoot or be shot at from the hotrod while above or below it. is that intentional? MAD+ video is a movie, not a game.
3. there should be options to disable the shading of ships judging on the suns color. its just dang annoying. Sure, lets disable the Sun's coloring on the world's cities too....
4. please take out the zooming sound it drives me crazy. Turn sound off?
5. something very disturbing, NO HEALTH BARS. that is a big problem. There are no health bars in real life wars. THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
6. all the ships exceopt the goblin need to be thicker. the capital ships look like little plastic platforms with sticks coming out.especially the pax ship. it literally looks like a paper boomerang painted black! make your own 3d images?
7. a way to color your ship would be nice. like you can change certain parts of the ship to different colors. NO.
8.... BASES..... ARE .... TOOOOOOO .... FLAT... the one in mad+s video looked like a pancake! that needs to be changed. scroll up....
9. finally, the ships look too cute. their too polished, they look like glass. make them look a little rougher! The ships look too cute in SS1 as well, yet you don't complain about that.

other than that, everythings great. i noticed a problem with cargo looking exactly like augs. well, make the augs glow green!

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:14 am

Team: Matt And Jeff Industries
Main: OutlawStar
Level: 5

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
ok...

1. the wormholes need to be bigger( meaning they are big circles then taper down)
2. i noticed in mad+s video that height now plays a part in ss. the goblins couldnt shoot or be shot at from the hotrod while above or below it. is that intentional?
3. there should be options to disable the shading of ships judging on the suns color. its just dang annoying.
4. please take out the zooming sound it drives me crazy.
5. something very disturbing, NO HEALTH BARS. that is a big problem.
6. all the ships exceopt the goblin need to be thicker. the capital ships look like little plastic platforms with sticks coming out.especially the pax ship. it literally looks like a paper boomerang painted black!
7. a way to color your ship would be nice. like you can change certain parts of the ship to different colors.
8.... BASES..... ARE .... TOOOOOOO .... FLAT... the one in mad+s video looked like a pancake! that needs to be changed.
9. finally, the ships look too cute. their too polished, they look like glass. make them look a little rougher!

(I will be leaving out parts that have already been answered/are too irrelevant/pointless to answer)

1. Yeah I'd like to make them bigger, but this might give you the false idea that you can warp even though you can't because it looks like you're close to the wormhole. I'm not sure if the guys that decide the gameplay *cough* jeff *cough* will decide to make this distance larger or not.

4. That's been changed to a better sounding one already. We may even just include an option to disable it. If all else fails you can probably just delete the sound file to get rid of it.

5. The health bars are just disabled at the moment, they will be there in the final release.

6. We are touching up a few of those models. The ones that look really bad should be fixed by the time of release.

7. Not sure about ships, but I want to do this for user bases, we'll see how it goes.

9. Yeah sure I'll make them rougher and then everyone will complain that they look too rough. :P

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next