It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Rebalance Feedback Welcome - Please Read
pip8786 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
Since you seem to expect us to run a galaxy by ourselves i think we should be given somewhere around 15 perma drone slots to play around with. (galaxy max drones already prevents abuse)

Where did you get the idea that we expect you to run a galaxy by yourself?

I'm sure it was mentioned in some thread a while ago.

But as Demiser said, Many people do and It's like the best way of making cash, sharing reduces cash flow, and atm doesnt do much. Colonies and galaxies are one area of the game that can be "soloed" and many people will not want to share a galaxy due to the loss of profit or lack of trust/faith.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

thebattler35 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
Since you seem to expect us to run a galaxy by ourselves i think we should be given somewhere around 15 perma drone slots to play around with. (galaxy max drones already prevents abuse)

Where did you get the idea that we expect you to run a galaxy by yourself?

I'm sure it was mentioned in some thread a while ago.

But as Demiser said, Many people do and It's like the best way of making cash, sharing reduces cash flow, and atm doesnt do much. Colonies and galaxies are one area of the game that can be "soloed" and many people will not want to share a galaxy due to the loss of profit or lack of trust/faith.

Isn't this a moot point since perma drone slots aren't changing, as stated in Dev Update 4.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

...o?

rly? :oops:

sorry, missed that :P

i'll shut up now.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 pm
Dev Team

Kyrle wrote:
I would like to point out that there appears to be no place to Post bugs. I logged on to the test server and IMMEDIATELY noticed that the Gunner crippling bug that involves missiles disappearing and still counted toward the max you can control, is still there.

The AI dies before the missile gets there and the missile disappears. Each missile that disappears in this manner removes 1 missile from the maximum amount you can launch. If 3 missiles disappear like this, you can no longer launch any missiles (capitol ship).

This is the 3rd time I've pointed out this bug, and the second time I've explained the details of exactly what happens. Since this bug is still present, I will only assume that the same still applies for slaves, and that if a slave losses a missile because of this, it will not leave the galaxy that it launched the missile in (also reported at the same times I reported the other bug). These are 2 VERY severe bugs, so I didn't bother to check anything else, If reported bugs are not fixed yet, I don't plan to waste time looking for more until they are.

I think I fixed this. When we a public test this week, double check to see if you specific problem is fixed.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Jeff has started adding comments/feedback to your posts on the wiki page. Check it out :)

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Can we reply to his replies if he says something that makes us think he didn't understand it?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Yes, but please keep it brief (1 sentence) so the page doesn't get cluttered.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

JeffL wrote:
Yes, but please keep it brief (1 sentence) so the page doesn't get cluttered.

Remember to use a bullet point (same level as jeffs) and a signature, too.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Danger
Level: 2094
Class: Berserker

PLEASE DONT MAKE DRONES REMEMBER THERE SHIELD OR MAKE YOUR WEAPON HIT EVERY ENEMY I WILL THROUGH MY COMPUTER THROUGH YOUR WINDOW!!!

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

As long as the every-shot-will-hit-every-hostile-target thing ignores slaves and drones, that should be fine.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: BaRR
Level: 2417
Class: Speed Demon

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
As long as the every-shot-will-hit-every-hostile-target thing ignores slaves and drones, that should be fine.

Actually, I was using drones on the test server as a way to deflect base mags. Sure, they blew up but it was better than constantly getting massacred. I think that's a great feature. After a while the base switched to ethereal and destroyed me anyway but hey, it's just test.

Anyway, as long as we're talking about that, while bases should count as "in the way," dead bases should not. They are "immortal" in a sense, and they can only be moved out of the way very slowly when they are heavy.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

Not sure if this is supposed to be in the wiki page or not.

Capital Ships
As an example, mine now takes 1 hour to regen its sheild on test server.
Mining weaps are the most elec hungry in existence now, but I have almost no spare hull to fit solar panels. I had to remove 27 solar panels just to fit my gear into my ship.
Even doing that left no spare room. I couldnt fit missile launcher, missile crates. Never mind the 150 empty space needed to crack a crate open. And I could only fit in 9 prom, forgetting the ~100 space needed to crack a prom crystal.
Please... boost our hull.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Oh........my.........fucking.........god.

After the first rough stats were up on Test and I had confirmed admins would not fix the massive cap ship nerf that prevents us from using any shield augs effectively, I went Fleet Commander. Sold all my Gunner gear, and used a reboot module on augs worth several billion credits because I was out of missions. Not even bothering with my SD right now, can't afford to do anything about him, just gonna have to take all those months I spent raising money for him as a loss.

Now, after selling my stuff at bargain prices, and wasting every last penny of my in-game money building a halfway decent set of slaves, I notice this retarded (and most likely highly unbalanced) change that makes weapons hit any hostile targets in their path. Fighting is already difficult for me, as I must pray that aggro switches to me quickly. I can heal my slaves with my app wand, but only one at a time, and I usually don't do enough HPS to outheal a vulture. I lose GG often due to aggro problems, even with CG20.

I assume you can see the problem. My slaves are similar to Quantums, albeit cheaper. They have flimsy shields, but do fairly high DPS, so my strategy is to grab aggro as quickly as possible, and have my slaves kill the enemy before others appear, while soaking up the enemy's damage with my cap ship. Now, with this change, I am yet again fucked up the ass with a rusty iron rod. My slaves will be torn apart by random AI, even if I get aggro. Hell, they will die even more easily with this change than they do now, since if an AI aims for my slave I can at least heal it. Rather hard to heal four slaves that are all getting shot at the same time..........

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

That change was announced long long ago.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Frankly, I don't care. It seems as if you admins put almost no thought into these changes, just decides "It sounds cool, go add it!" without considering the downsides. Destroying all phys weapons just to let them push stuff around, useless when you can buy a 300m tractor beam to do it better. Making bullets hit all enemies in the way, seems not only unneeded, not only downright harmful, but also tricky to do. How would you have this work with PvP restrictions? Ethereal weapons? Healing weapons? Chain healers? Weapons with charge-up times? The list goes on and on................

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:15 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next