It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm

Team: None
Main: Buggy123
Level: 1003
Class: Engineer

Post Indirect missile kills won't give exp.
Indirect kills by missiles, like kills by fires created by the inbuilt inferno missiles, won't credit whoever launched the missile if their the killing hit. This also applies to slave launched missiles.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Indirect missile kills won't give exp.
buggy123 wrote:
Indirect kills by missiles, like kills by fires created by the inbuilt inferno missiles, won't credit whoever launched the missile if their the killing hit. This also applies to slave launched missiles.

This is a known issue ~ however, this isn't entirely correct.

If you use a MIRV, and the baby missiles get a kill and the parent is still alive you'll get XP. If the parent has self-destructed, you won't.

There's nothing that can be done about this: I've already extended the lifespan of the MIRVs once. Consider it an indirect "optimal strategy" when choosing your distance to launch.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

What if launching a MIRV creates an invisible, untargetable, invulnerable, untractorable controller object that spawns in a random direction away from the player ship and causes the children missiles to be spawned on the original missile? Then have it so that once all of the missiles are destroyed, the controller destroys itself.

Essentially, it's just making the launched MIRV look like a parent when it really isn't.

I have no clue how the code works, but it's just a suggestion.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:08 am

Team: None
Main: Buggy123
Level: 1003
Class: Engineer

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
buggy123 wrote:

This is a known issue ~ however, this isn't entirely correct.

If you use a MIRV, and the baby missiles get a kill and the parent is still alive you'll get XP. If the parent has self-destructed, you won't.

There's nothing that can be done about this: I've already extended the lifespan of the MIRVs once. Consider it an indirect "optimal strategy" when choosing your distance to launch.

I honestly have no idea what a MIRV is, im just tired of my inferno slaves stealing kills with their missiles.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

If it's possible to code a controller object it should fix the problem, but I'm not a coder.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 am
Content Dev

Griffin wrote:
What if launching a MIRV creates an invisible, untargetable, invulnerable, untractorable controller object that spawns in a random direction away from the player ship and causes the children missiles to be spawned on the original missile?

That's just asking for trouble and probably needs more coding than just fixing the actual problem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am
Profile E-mail