It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

Post Re: March 26 Patch Discussion
I can and the many people in all chat that are talking right now can too, apparently.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

teh fuck?

VaporiZe!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: OZmir
Level: 807

Hmm, I've noticed when trying to add trade goods to my bases alot of random numbers come up along with the names of items.

Alot of the items listed, when double clicked add another item. Example being tried to add rations but when double clicked was actually going to add ariadnite.

-Ozmir

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

For those having client crashing problems, please try the beta client. For some people, this is working for them.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Red Faction
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 2372
Class: Engineer

jassie wrote:
Umm... so after this patch, when i opened SS, and connected to my acc, it opened my char selection screen and freezed, tryed restart the game, even the pc, still same, thought il reinstall the game, but it totaly doesnt want to download, any other downloads go smooth and fast, but ss client download just stops at 10kb/s. Any idea whats wrong?

Still the issue for me and must be way more than 12 hours since the patch/crash. Probably at least 18 as I've had a nights sleep. (I know, some of you guys haven't).

But any update on what is happening or not happening would be appreciated. Obviously some have managed to get past the character selection page but I haven't. It crashes there every time.

Ah, new post... Beta client. I think I deleted that when c2 finally got released. Any other suggestions?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982

tried using the beta client instead of freezing it produces 2 dumpfile box things completly unable to access ss at all today

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Good work Devs! I am now willing to have your babies, or steal some babies for you if so desired.

From a technical standpoint, the difference before and after this patch is huge: warp lag is much reduced, everything is much smoother, and LK isn't beeping at me nearly as much. SS just became much more playable as an SD (my playstyle is very sensitive to lag.)

The inclusion of /mc is game changing and it seems like it'll really change the way the economy functions. Being able to get a rough PC on almost any item is great, and I'm guessing that the market is going to be a lot more efficient.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

A few more things. Firstly, the universe map seems to take a long time to load in comparison to before this patch. Not sure why that it but if it can load faster that'd be great.

Also I'm finding there's several items I have in my shop for sale and are stocked. But when I /mc them it comes up with none available in the trade market, just wondering why that is.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

the /mc stuff is recalculated roughly every 5 minutes. For your items to be listed, they need to be in stock and your base has to have public docking privileges.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Red Faction
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 2372

potato8 wrote:
tried using the beta client instead of freezing it produces 2 dumpfile box things completly unable to access ss at all today

Yep, buried in my program files I managed to find my beta client. it updated itself, got to the "Choose Character" page and crashed as well.

Do I uninstall everything and start again? This is frustrating as I wanted to have a quick look before I went to work. Not going to happen now...

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=51199

are we entitled to some form of reply at least saying this is getting worked on atm?

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Should be a new client patch any time now with the crash fix.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Resident Evil
Main: jassie
Level: 2227

The freezes still havent gone for me at character selection, same with beta, also.. at the ending of installation of this new patch, an error pops up, says: "an error has accured during the installation of d3d file" or something like that.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

JeffL wrote:
the /mc stuff is recalculated roughly every 5 minutes. For your items to be listed, they need to be in stock and your base has to have public docking privileges.

I have one issue tho. I have a shop in Free Market, and I added Lipo Drones there for 100m each. When I a few hours later did /mc Lipo Drone then my shop was not listed there, but two places were listed where I could sell the Lipo Drones. So something must not be right.

I also think that you should exclude places that buys items for 1 credit. That isn't profitable whatever way you look at it, and it is quite misleading if 10 shops are buying Zebra Armada Crests for 1 credit and those take up a lot of space in the /mc information box.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 pm
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

beta client is currently more or less identical to the release, so its not that.

Im in need of someone with some computer knowledge (as in i wont need to explain every single things), and who has that issue to contact me on irc to try to track the issue down.

so come in on irc://irc.starsonata.com:7777/#clientcrashdebugging
(server: irc.starsonata.com port:7777 channel:#clientcrashdebugging)

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:58 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next