It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Post Re: Gunners ~ Come GET SOME!
Moved to front page.

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Okay, first opinions on AP missiles is that they still turn too fast for their speed. I'm of the opinion that if it's going to be a missile, it should mainly have engines and not so much turning. Like, in a movie, you dodge the missile and the missile has an arc as it comes around to try for a second pass? They don't just spin on a dime and thrust against their current velocity, but that's what current missiles do. If the speed and thrust could be adjusted to make it more like that, it would be (aesthetically) far more appealing.

Just a little peeve of mine.

Also, if it hasn't been done already, could there be a base placed in sol that sells all kinds of fuel? My primary source of enuke is olympus, but I obviously don't want to waste time looking for that for a few hours of testing.

EDIT: Alternatively, an asteroid belt, so people without any money can have fuel too.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

I think all these new missiles are fantastic, you've dragged gunner out of the swamp of failure we were in before, and into the city of success. The only thing I found was an issue was the vortex missiles. Me and smok think they need to go a bit faster, not as fast flares but faster than they are atm.

And here's just a small taste of the action!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Poor app ward.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Sounds kickass. However, if/when skills get changed it might be wise to take the Reaver+ into consideration. The ship is really only decent on a gunner(though I am unaware if anyone other than myself currently uses one actively), and any change to the class that were to make it unfeasible for use on a Gunner would make an excessively annoying build produce trash.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 pm
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:
Sounds kickass. However, if/when skills get changed it might be wise to take the Reaver+ into consideration. The ship is really only decent on a gunner(though I am unaware if anyone other than myself currently uses one actively), and any change to the class that were to make it unfeasible for use on a Gunner would make an excessively annoying build produce trash.

Translation: don't nerf my ship!!!! PLEEEEEASE!!

Don't worry, any skill changes won't negatively effect ships.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840
Class: Speed Demon

can zerkers have something fun too now plz.... or we gona wait till i change class.. were gona wait till i change class ok.. thx bye

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:01 am
Profile E-mail

Fallen- wrote:
can zerkers have something fun too now plz.... or we gona wait till i change class.. were gona wait till i change class ok.. thx bye

Zerkers are currently in the top 3 classes in the game, so aren't my priority at the moment.

Please try to keep on the subject of gunners here ~ front page updated with details.

Update. I noticed that Capital ships were having the worst time of it, and were a) not getting the benefit of Vortex missiles (which work wonders using a HF) and b) having trouble getting the distance to effectively use MIRV missiles, so:

• Bunkerbusters made Capital Ship only: and yes, they keep the +push, to prevent pure spamming; L2P your class, and mix/match missile types. Effective combos like 1xDisint, 1xBunker, 4xMIRV work very well. The fire order of missiles, and combining effects is now your best friend to learn well
  • Capital class only 'anti-vortex' ~ i.e. pushes everything around it large distances
  • 'Roman Candle' type - stationary missile that fires 10 / 15 / 20 kinetic missiles over time before self-destructing.
  • Changed hull type of Vortex to make them faster
  • Playing around with HF missile that uses a chain laser ~ might be a way to simulate AOE -tweaks

Test will get updated with new stuff ASAP.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:27 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: DHM
Level: 2754
Class: Engineer

sounds nice, but how about increasing the hull on a dread, so you can take the missles with you as well, hull space is a BIG problem in this game

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 am
Profile E-mail

jeroen07008 wrote:
sounds nice, but how about increasing the hull on a dread, so you can take the missles with you as well, hull space is a BIG problem in this game

You should perhaps try out test: most missiles have been reduced in size (e.g. Large AP 3 -> 1). Also, please note that auging your Dread A/D-rage + Z+ or x2 sup Resists is going to have a cost. Aug accordingly ~ if you want to be missile based, try something different.

I take it you've built your new T20 capital expander, as well? (Currently live)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:17 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

can u change big guns from 60% mining damge to 60% damage on a weapon thats a certain size so that way gunners can get weapon dps and apply debuff foor missile damage?

VaporiZe!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:30 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996

Is it possible to get a long range target missile? Atm I'm pretty sure all missiles have a max range of 2000, to be able to launch (iirc). What about one that can reach 10k? Also along those lines I was thinking it could start off slow, and from that appears a missile that goes slightly faster, launchers a missile from that which goes faster, etc. etc. untill its going 700 speed when it slams into the target to do massive dps on long range. Ofc the time it would take to speed up would have to be dramatic and it would be designed to hit almost stationary targets.

Also ammo crates? Are the new missiles coming in crate form? I enjoyed trying different missile combos, but it'd be impossible to stock enough of every missile type you'd need for a super awesome combo if you had to keep going back to labyrinth to get them in missile form.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:32 am

Camsy wrote:
Is it possible to get a long range target missile? Atm I'm pretty sure all missiles have a max range of 2000, to be able to launch (iirc). What about one that can reach 10k? Also along those lines I was thinking it could start off slow, and from that appears a missile that goes slightly faster, launchers a missile from that which goes faster, etc. etc. untill its going 700 speed when it slams into the target to do massive dps on long range. Ofc the time it would take to speed up would have to be dramatic and it would be designed to hit almost stationary targets.

Also ammo crates? Are the new missiles coming in crate form? I enjoyed trying different missile combos, but it'd be impossible to stock enough of every missile type you'd need for a super awesome combo if you had to keep going back to labyrinth to get them in missile form.

I can play around with Min / Max launch distances easily enough.

Regarding crates: please read the first post in the thread ~ I tend to update there so that there's a single place for all info.

Tl;dr

Already answered that in post #1.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763

I'll jump on test later today. But this sounds vary vary promising AEM thank you for all your effort.

In regards to the splash not imparting neg tweaks, can on detonation, a neg tweak aura be spawned at the detonation location that decays almost instantly, just long enough to cause the tweak in the blast field?

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile YIM

rand4505 wrote:
I'll jump on test later today. But this sounds vary vary promising AEM thank you for all your effort.

In regards to the splash not imparting neg tweaks, can on detonation, a neg tweak aura be spawned at the detonation location that decays almost instantly, just long enough to cause the tweak in the blast field?

Apparently the splash tweak effect should work, it works in Poseidon. The -radar ones need some testing, apparently.

<More new stuff in 1st post; I'll get test rebuilt when I can to add them in.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next