It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Question: What would you pay massive amounts of credits for?
seanla4350 wrote:
Another thing I would pay massive amounts of credits for is the ability to un-neuro bound items that were made neuro bound through missions. Like Olympus neuro bound gear. Yeah, my sniper has a Voluminous Jupiter Olympios Shield.

No

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

What about paying credits to buy experience modules to help you level? The lower the experience module, the less experience it gives you, and it scales to your current level.

So for example, if I buy experience module 1 at level 100, I gain 1 level. If I buy the same experience module at level 1000, I get 1 xp. Similar to how mission or kill experience works.

Another possiblility would be introducing content like a special DG or uber you have to build a key for, and the key costs credits. So you can do the uber as much as you have time for, but you have to have the money to make a key every time you kill the uber. Obviously this could be a replacement for the existing lockout system where instead of being bound by time, you're bound by the ammount of credits it costs to build the key, with new, specifically tuned and balanced encounters to support this system.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

skyfyre wrote:
What about paying credits to buy experience modules to help you level? The lower the experience module, the less experience it gives you, and it scales to your current level.

So for example, if I buy experience module 1 at level 100, I gain 1 level. If I buy the same experience module at level 1000, I get 1 xp. Similar to how mission or kill experience works.

Another possiblility would be introducing content like a special DG or uber you have to build a key for, and the key costs credits. So you can do the uber as much as you have time for, but you have to have the money to make a key every time you kill the uber. Obviously this could be a replacement for the existing lockout system where instead of being bound by time, you're bound by the ammount of credits it costs to build the key, with new, specifically tuned and balanced encounters to support this system.

Why would anyone do the uber unless the expected value of doing him was at least as great as the cost of the key? We aren't that starved for content yet!

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

The ability to make custom juxta's or warp gates could indeed add a lot of interesting strategy. It would be fairly difficult to program, I think. The other issue with it is that I really want to make some kind of warping device that is capital ship-only that can bring along squad mates, but I'm not sure exactly how it would work, what the limitations on it would be, and if that would conflict with the idea of custom gates.

Hmm, but maybe if one end was always anchored to the team HQ, then we could make a custom base kit with an onboard item, that, on use, destroys the base and replaces it with a wormhole that links to a new wormhole next to the team HQ. That would be the easiest implementation of something like this that I can think of.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Supercarrier type capital ships able to open a warphole to connect the current galaxy to a nearby(~15 jumps) galaxy in a one way trip, while still being able to support and aid its fleet instead of being a Sing Sphere with a special type of SBrake.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

That sounds awesome lol i was wished Capship could do that like a FC

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

Seer capship

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

VatFF wrote:
Seer capship

This would definitely be interesting.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

Yeah seer makes more sence now that i think of it

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

JeffL wrote:
The ability to make custom juxta's or warp gates could indeed add a lot of interesting strategy. It would be fairly difficult to program, I think. The other issue with it is that I really want to make some kind of warping device that is capital ship-only that can bring along squad mates, but I'm not sure exactly how it would work, what the limitations on it would be, and if that would conflict with the idea of custom gates.

Hmm, but maybe if one end was always anchored to the team HQ, then we could make a custom base kit with an onboard item, that, on use, destroys the base and replaces it with a wormhole that links to a new wormhole next to the team HQ. That would be the easiest implementation of something like this that I can think of.

Admins can move players with the admin panel right? Couldn't it be implemented as an automated version of that?

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153

Warp Gate Construction.

Deployable warp gate that can be laid in your HQ gal that can lead to a specified galaxy in Wild Space. The down side is that it works both ways and teams and they cannot lead to a galaxy owned by another team.

It would be fun.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

I was thinking ship-ship warping :(

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763

I'd pay 25-50b for a "RingWorld" colony/base combo, could even be the t21 model for bases.

4x times the weapons, 4 times the augs? Defensive and a colony all in one... Whats not to like.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm
Profile YIM

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Was thinking something like an item that's cap ship only that would warp that ship and all squadmates within a radius to that cap ships team base if the team base has some kind of item onboard.

This would at least make return trips from things like Oly or Iq'Bana faster. Not sure exactly how to make the trip out to there faster. The main sticking point is how to easily select the destination. Maybe I could have the client send the server the ID of the currently selected galaxy on the starmap.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next