It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Question: What would you pay massive amounts of credits for?
tweak bps at lyceum that dont require commods just pure credits instead would make for a nice credit sink

Also i dont see the point of people raging about colonies giving too much, the only people i ever see doing this are those who havent tried colonies before, they take a very long time to setup and make a decent profit from doing so but you can make more than you could with colonies by dging or doing ubers

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

potato8 wrote:
Also i dont see the point of people raging about colonies giving too much, the only people i ever see doing this are those who havent tried colonies before, they take a very long time to setup and make a decent profit from doing so but you can make more than you could with colonies by dging or doing ubers

This is partially right. The people who complain that colos are broken simply do not do colos and have no idea how difficult/time consuming they are. That being said, doing a decent amount of colos with the proper TFing, supply lines and prices will net you waaaaay more than DG would or uber runs unless you are doing end game stuff and selling all your drops (in which case BPs and items can do for dozens of bils each so I guess that is true)

Colos are a ton of work and take a ton of in place infrastructure from pessie storage to maxed out base slots, amazingly expensive trade slaves to multiple accounts. They are a lot of work, please understand that before sitting there on the forums throwing poop around well you camp a Watt kill for the 5th time that day.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

How about better tweaks from common AI bases? Like tech 10, 15, 20 shield salves. That would be a constant, but small cash sink for players as they play through the game.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Max235 wrote:
And now Cygnus has a smexy expensive NON-MF Prawn to go with it!

Was better with just hera augs. Travel prawns are the way of the future.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Cygnus wrote:
How about better tweaks from common AI bases? Like tech 10, 15, 20 shield salves. That would be a constant, but small cash sink for players as they play through the game.

O_O YESH

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 am

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Chaosking3 wrote:
potato8 wrote:

This is partially right. The people who complain that colos are broken simply do not do colos and have no idea how difficult/time consuming they are. That being said, doing a decent amount of colos with the proper TFing, supply lines and prices will net you waaaaay more than DG would or uber runs unless you are doing end game stuff and selling all your drops (in which case BPs and items can do for dozens of bils each so I guess that is true)

Colos are a ton of work and take a ton of in place infrastructure from pessie storage to maxed out base slots, amazingly expensive trade slaves to multiple accounts. They are a lot of work, please understand that before sitting there on the forums throwing poop around well you camp a Watt kill for the 5th time that day.

Colos aren't difficult...

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

thebattler35 wrote:
Chaosking3 wrote:
potato8 wrote:

Colos aren't difficult...

Difficult =/ a ton of a work. Setting up 45 colonies and everything that goes with it including terraforming every SINGLE ONE OF THEM even with a CA 30 char due to a hit to the suits, takes a lot of time.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506

Lottery.

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

trevor54 wrote:
Difficult =/ a ton of a work. Setting up 45 colonies and everything that goes with it including terraforming every SINGLE ONE OF THEM even with a CA 30 char due to a hit to the suits, takes a lot of time.

I don't debate that. But Spatzz was claiming that its difficult to build colonies, which is untrue.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

It doesn't really matter whether colonies are hard enough to justify the credits they generate. The point is that almost all credits entering the game are through colony profits. If you earn your living in any other way, the credits you earn are still indirectly from colonies. Therefore, DGing will not become relatively more lucrative than colonies *in the long run* if colony profits are reduced across the board. People will just end up paying less for things because they just won't have crazy money anymore.

It would be interesting if there were another major credit source in this game. As it stands there's pretty much just colonies (400m per day per colony), DG credit drops (100m per hour of active playing, maybe 200m if augs are sold), and ship capturing (500m per hour of very active playing). Pretty much all other forms of income rely on credits that were earned in one of those ways, and in practice it's mostly colonies since those don't take daily game-time once they're set up.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

We need trading missions.

Being a cargo runner should be a perfectly fine way to advance in the game. What we need is a comprehensive trading mission system that can give a few hundred lol per hour, and also create missions that would require both a cargo ship and someone to protect it.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

A bounty system like Blue Dust: Return 10 Blue Dust for 100m, thanks for helping clean up those scum!

Offer that for just about every AI type and leveling for new players suddenly becomes something more than just a boring monotonous activity.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

I say yes to Custom Skins.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

I would pay a lot to get my original nickname back.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 1244

I would like to see quite a variation of glow gens( takes beakon slot)
That would generate a set glow upon your ship based from its size alsoe alot of variation for these aswell as a Pay option that gives you an gen that gives you your curent(when purchaged) avatar as a glow

playerboy345 wrote:
Swift.Kill wrote:
u havent tryed 5 Ada Rage BS Zerker yet WHIT LINCIN :D

u havent tryed 5 STFU WITH YOUR BS WHIT GTFO :D

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next