It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Free to Play
BAM5992 wrote:
VatFF wrote:
So... basically they can make their own epic bases in celestial garden?

Not sure how they're going to get base skills so high seeing as they wont be able to do *anything* past EF.

Well they can get it to 16 :P, also they won't be able to build in EF space righto? Only in Celestial garden? Will there be an option to own galaxies in celestial garden? If yes I think it should be impossible to aggro bases in there and that termites should not come into Celestial Garden.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

nooo all my f2p alts rendered useless NOOOO

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

TheKC wrote:

Ragequit :D

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail

VatFF wrote:
TheKC wrote:

lol.. 11 F2p accounts wiht 50 alts of wich 43 i acutlaly geared and outskilled ;D

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

The point of expanding the f2p system is to encourage more people to go p2p so no, it would not make sense to let us jet around as f2p if our subs run out. Just make it very clear to players that this is the case before they sub.

Ideally you would want to keep p2p players from using the f2p system at all, since it's not designed for them. Since this is impossible, the best you can do is to deincentivize it. Being able to camp level 2.8k Wattages in EF layer DGs just seems a bit too good for f2p.

I would also be worried that bosses such as Dark Curse, Capt. Albatross, and even Bell from Hell will be permanently camped by f2p; a dedicated player could even make an alt for each uber they are interested in killing and log on every five days to do it. I think it's time these ubers found a home in instanced zones out of the reach of f2ps. The little game of finding each uber location is fun but played out, I think.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

TheKC wrote:
VatFF wrote:
TheKC wrote:

lol.. 11 F2p accounts wiht 50 alts of wich 43 i acutlaly geared and outskilled ;D

KC, let's take a moment and honor our old F2P accounts, and say hello to new opportunities and things to break! We love to break things, don't we? :D

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:01 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

anilv wrote:
The point of expanding the f2p system is to encourage more people to go p2p so no, it would not make sense to let us jet around as f2p if our subs run out. Just make it very clear to players that this is the case before they sub.

Ideally you would want to keep p2p players from using the f2p system at all, since it's not designed for them. Since this is impossible, the best you can do is to deincentivize it. Being able to camp level 2.8k Wattages in EF layer DGs just seems a bit too good for f2p.

I would also be worried that bosses such as Dark Curse, Capt. Albatross, and even Bell from Hell will be permanently camped by f2p; a dedicated player could even make an alt for each uber they are interested in killing and log on every five days to do it. I think it's time these ubers found a home in instanced zones out of the reach of f2ps. The little game of finding each uber location is fun but played out, I think.

I agree with the entirety of this post whole-heartedly.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 am
Profile E-mail YIM

The Lost One wrote:

KC, let's take a moment and honor our old F2P accounts, and say hello to new opportunities and things to break! We love to break things, don't we? :D

im long ahead of you.. cal adjusted. XP calculated.. i only need to lvl them now ;D

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:23 am

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

Jeff if i've pay to played before but only in C1 and my highest alt is level 300, can I play C2 for free or not? Atleast until I sub again ofcourse.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 am
Profile E-mail

NewFound wrote:
Jeff if i've pay to played before but only in C1 and my highest alt is level 300, can I play C2 for free or not? Atleast until I sub again ofcourse.

it was stated before, once u go p2p u are p2p, so u cant play a old p2p account with f2p lvl caps

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:39 am

Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 590

Didnt get what you sayd. After 5(or more) times reading it i finally got what you sayd. And one the other hand, quite a good thing, removes problems.

Tomzta09 wrote:
Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive.

Grow a vagina, those things take a pounding.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

BAM5992 wrote:
VatFF wrote:
So... basically they can make their own epic bases in celestial garden?

Not sure how they're going to get base skills so high seeing as they wont be able to do *anything* past EF.

iirc Station managment up to 16 is w1

2 Questions:
1. Can i continue using my F2P C1 acc in C2?
2. Will i be alowed to gain all skills in W0-1?

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

You can use the same accounts, and get whatever skills you want.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:26 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: Utumno
Level: 20

This is very interesting. But instead of stating here my opinion I want to focus on the practical impact on me:

F2p's will be able to enter wild space but "they won't be able to fire, build, have slaves there, manage bases, or do any hostile action like scan bases or tractor enemies". I assume this also means that p2p players can't shoot them in wild space at all. Furthermore I assume that there won't be any manual enforced f2p-p2p interaction rules as else you wouldn't put in these game mechanics in first place.

From what you posted here it is already obvious but I want to explicitly have it clarified:
With the new f2p system

- I am allowed to use a f2p as a cheap storage char using Thatches (I'll simply toss stuff to him and he'll scoop).

- I am allowed to use a f2p as my 'safe bank' and 'safe commod transporter' in wild space layer.

- I am allowed to use a f2p as my base gear hauler (and scooper) in a base siege in an enemy gal.
As he is immune to PvP in wild space I can go in in a (cheap) stealthy ship and let him haul in my base gear and move far out of weapon range of the bases where he hands it over to me.

- I am allowed to bring in f2p alts with auras when I go DGing (or again fighting other players).

- I am allowed to use f2p alts to do ubers in EF layer.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:59 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 3061

Utumno wrote:
- I am allowed to use a f2p as a cheap storage char using Thatches (I'll simply toss stuff to him and he'll scoop).

meh

Utumno wrote:
- I am allowed to use a f2p as my 'safe bank' and 'safe commod transporter' in wild space layer.

meh

Utumno wrote:
- I am allowed to use a f2p as my base gear hauler (and scooper) in a base siege in an enemy gal.[/color] As he is immune to PvP in wild space I can go in in a (cheap) stealthy ship and let him haul in my base gear and move far out of weapon range of the bases where he hands it over to me.

meh

Utumno wrote:
- I am allowed to bring in f2p alts with auras when I go DGing (or again fighting other players).

meh

Utumno wrote:
- I am allowed to use f2p alts to do ubers in EF layer.

^KaBAM this is a camping problem

+1 Internets

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next