It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dr Acula
Level: 2752
Class: Berserker

Post Re: MF Reaver change imminent
Level 2.4k Reaver+ AI!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942

Its been this way for years now and its starting to piss me off...

Currently the only speedy way to lvl past 3k is to abuse shield monkeys retarded experience gains. They should not be able to cheat like this unless other classes get to cheat like this too as in if you are a Zerker and u tank ai whilst ur alt kills oh look you gain +52 xp per kill he gets. Or if you are FC and you provide an aura to your low level alt oh look you are getting +52 xp per kill. Its bullshit that I am expected to switch to Shield Monkey or Drone Master if i expect to level past 3k at any speed.

"Derp Derp, why dont you kill hives and delquads too?" I have been for a long time now, quite simply there are not enough hives or delquads roaming to get any sort of experience off. Currently if i roam perilous for an hour or 2 i will run into at max ~5-10 hives and 3 or 4 delquads....

Im pissed off and have been pissed off for a long time now about this and you say oh well the end game is good...the end game is fucking horse shit. Its like SS is in the beta phase still. No high level ai and im doing every uber im unlocked from all the time not because the loot is good but because its nice to have a break from killing mf reavers, platties, wattages, green battleships, battlestations etc and only getting 15-40 xp per fucking kill!!

rage over :D

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: ahileus
Level: 3088

I dont like big changes over night. In 1 day you give insane beef to AIs and then nerf them completely. Thats not good way to balance this game and that makes me mad. And im starting to ask myself, why do i even bother playing this game? If you trying to balance something, pls examine every aspect of "that" thing.

MF reavers are underpowered for its lvl. Geting less exp from them is epicly retarded. There are many ways to beef them. Shawn has some nice ideas.

My suggestion is give them more resistance to damage types and make them having all equal resistances to any damage type.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

To all my 3k+ people out there. Currently the best way to level is to grind on ai, even if they are lvl 1800. If new ai are added they will not be speed leveling ai, though I have not done an MF reaver dg ever, and you may just have to be resigned to the fact that there will be a plateau. I am all for increasing the frequency of hives and delquads that for the most part require a group to go and kill and any other really dangerous ai. We just really don't need another ai that cant even hit me. Which because I am an SD and not an MF mcing a Shm will mean I am stuck on those old ai, but thats ok.

And I am not seeing this level gap, there are like 10 kinds of ai between 1800-2400

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Ah. Beef the AI and nerf the EXP. Typical of SS devmins to go completely overboard when "balancing".

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Content Dev

Okay. After a good night's worth of sleep (which included a dream about an angry mob chasing me with torches and laserbeams, not sure what that is all about), I think I came up with a compromise that should satisfy everyone.

Change to MF Reavers will be done in two stages:
Stage 1 will be a damage and range beef. It's not actually a beef but more of a fix, because right now normal Reavers do 50% more DPS(!) than MF Reavers. MF Reavers used to have an overloader, which was removed for no appearent reason, making them much weaker than they used to be. This change will go in very soon.
Stage 2 is reducing their level a bit and introducing a new AI that will inhabit high DF DGs. Something speedy, fragile and hopefully fun to fight.

I will also make another thread where you can point out AIs that need to be looked at and/or suggest changes

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 am
Profile E-mail

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

Sounds good.

I think Wattages is a good example of a high level AI that is rather hard to fight, yet fun.

Now, make that new thread please!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 2561

For the love of Zeus, IMPLEMENT higher level AIs.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Vulture/Condors are speedy, fragile, and fun to fight. Perhaps add a real stealth AI...like, a Xmas Spirit?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

ELITE wrote:
Lol. FUCK NEW CONTENT LET'S MAKE IT HARDER TO LEVEL!

Sums up the thread pretty well.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Just a thought I had, but make Reaver Lasers energy damage in addition to the alreaady mentioned changes. A more devastating crit from an AI that is low vis(so it crits a lot more than other AI) would greatly improve the AI overall in terms of difficulty.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

shawn_mccall wrote:
Just a thought I had, but make Reaver Lasers energy damage in addition to the alreaady mentioned changes. A more devastating crit from an AI that is low vis(so it crits a lot more than other AI) would greatly improve the AI overall in terms of difficulty.

You just want RL's to be good in PvP. You don't care about the AI. :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Griffin wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:

You just want RL's to be good in PvP. You don't care about the AI. :roll:

MF Reavers use a different version of the laser so i would get nothing from the change...

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

The Lost One wrote:
Sounds good.

I think Wattages is a good example of a high level AI that is rather hard to fight, yet fun.

Now, make that new thread please!

Easy to fight, extremely boring is my experience :P

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14 am

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Chaosking3 wrote:
I think there is a general consensus here that Reavers are to easy for the amount of experience they provide, no one is arguing against that. What is being argued against is simply taking a current long term AI and making it harder (with possibly less reward).

I think doing something as simple as lowering MF Reaver levels to say 1500~ with no stat change and than introducing new AI in the 2400~ range would pretty much solve the current issues. MF Reavers would no longer be an easy source to get to 2k on but lower level players would not be stopped cold in their grind. At the same time high end players who lost the Reaver farming would now at least have an opportunity to fight AI that offer decent experience, even if they are difficult!

With t21 out for awhile now I think it would be acceptable to start seeing t21 AI DGs.

....Icepricks are t25. Forgones are ALSO t25. Green Battleships are like tech 30 or some shit.... Condors are above t20...

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:51 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next