It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Post Re: Issues with torpedoes
Jeff you should nerf DMs more
they dont do anything
they have too much power for just sitting and clicking their drones
that is the extent of their effort |:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:34 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

The impression I have from talking to people is that DM's are fairly somewhat balanced these days. I'm not looking to nerf them overall.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 am
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Neba, I have 2 questions for you.

1. Have you ever run an Eng(it's obvious this is a no by how you refer to what Engs do).

2. Have you ever lost 18b in gear from one death while you had GG equipped?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: GuestMyWeight5288
Level: 2036
Class: Engineer

I actually think that the suggestion in the other thread about increasing torpedo damage somewhat to compensate is a much better idea than simply reverting to the previously buggy code. Whats the point of more damage if they can't hit shit a range and that buggy code also worked well so what it iys a bug it wasn't kroken interms of how people played the game I mean yes in all techincality it is broken but it was working so well for more than the year I have used my BFD's so if it ain't broken why "fix it"?

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
franke456 wrote:
I actually think that the suggestion in the other thread about increasing torpedo damage somewhat to compensate is a much better idea than simply reverting to the previously buggy code. Whats the point of more damage if they can't hit shit a range and that buggy code also worked well so what it iys a bug it wasn't kroken interms of how people played the game I mean yes in all techincality it is broken but it was working so well for more than the year I have used my BFD's so if it ain't broken why "fix it"?

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 am
Profile E-mail

franke456 wrote:
I actually think that the suggestion in the other thread about increasing torpedo damage somewhat to compensate is a much better idea than simply reverting to the previously buggy code.
Whats the point of more damage if they can't hit shit a range and that buggy code also worked well so what it ifs a bug it wasn't broken in terms of how people played the game I mean yes in all techincality it is broken but it was working so well for more than the year I have used my BFD's so if it ain't broken why "fix it"?

Repost with proof reading

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:38 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Ipaqmaster
Level: 761

Neba wrote:
they dont do anything
they have too much power for just sitting and clicking their drones
that is the extent of their effort |:

Drones cost credits, and credits cost time. I think that is worth siting there with drones 'doing' nothing.

I am That close to geting my BFD's its not funny. and now they're 'nerfed' ..

Nice.

And what about us players with 300+ Ping levels? (Australia for example)
We can not use sniper classes and such to their maximum potential. by the time you shoot a guy they are already 100 dist. the other way you fired.

Just a suggestion;
It would be nice to have the ability to select and control drones fire directions with a 'point and click' system, controlling what direction drones fire.

Mod's. Just being high^

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:42 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

ipaqmaster wrote:
Just a suggestion;
It would be nice to have the ability to select and control drones fire directions with a 'point and click' system, controlling what direction drones fire.

I'll get right on that. Should be ready for testing around September 10 or so.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:02 am
Profile WWW

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

The change to BFDs was fine, before the change, with a Targeting controller, my Stygian Fists would act like they were MagCannon Turrets, tracking-wise.

BFDs are still pretty useful, and if you have issues hitting things, you should maybe try to fly out a bit more away from your drones, and take advantage of your tractors.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:07 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Ipaqmaster
Level: 761

The Lost One wrote:
BFD's are still pretty useful, and if you have issues hitting things, you should maybe try to fly out a bit more away from your drones, and take advantage of your tractors.

I suppose it adds more responsibility to Engineers other than siting there and watching the magic.

Still. this is going to be a big change. I doubt many people will adapt easily. I sure wont =s

Mod's. Just being high^

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 am
Profile E-mail

Already looking into other classes this is a fucking slap in the face to what ever drones had left.

Edit* This is the beauty of annilation

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:15 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

I don't get where people are saying Drones just "sit there" and do nothing. We do plenty of things in pve and pvp. For Pve we have to fly far out in a dg before we even think about deploying our drones. Then as most ai have some type of tractor we can't just "sit there" Secondly where constantly deploying and redeploying drones. Plus the whole concept of a droner is to fight within the proximinity of his drones. Thats like saying zerk is op because all they gotta do is just sit there and press space bar....Oh wait....DM balances out with the huge risk of losing billions worth of "all" of your drones due to a simple mistake that would cost any other player 100 mil so please kindly stfu.

Secondly and more on topic Torpedoes I think should be tweaked abit I'm not saying necessarily a beef or nerf but I dunno the new formula just doesn't sit right with me. Some of the ideas other players suggested sound pretty good and maybe we should mash some of them together.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:47 am

Idk TW think they should be changed back to the old way thats gotta say something

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

As far as I am concerned there was not really wrong with Torps/Thoraxe. The way they were was the way they had been since being implemented and it was fine.

Now we have an issue where aug set-ups, gear and style of play has become outdated or simply much less useful then it was before on a change that was hardly nessecary. I understand the urge to correct what you see as a falty coding but that this point it is pretty much the standard in game. There is not much to be gained from changing a major weapon mechanic without a real solid reason related to in game inbalance.

My two cents.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 am
Profile E-mail

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

My problem is not PvAI Jeff, AI are stupid and run straight in to be easily dispatched. My problem is that the only drones decently cheap enough to use in real PvP are now useless for it since people can abuse the burn to make them niss until they are essentially sitting directly on top of you at which point you lose all your BFDs. The alternative to that is instead of losing my crappy 2b set of drones I now have to risk 20b or more on every engagement, tell me what other class has to lay that much on the line to protect a GG.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next