It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Proposal: tighten up the PvP ranges a bit
I support all three ideas; the increase in PvP level cap to reflect T21 skills, the tightening of PvP, and the loosening of PvP in war. In my opinion 2 way war should be very close to open PvP...

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nirvana
Level: 2071
Class: Speed Demon

Both are good except for the wars, if the war is both ways then PvP needs to be opened up 100%. That way no low level ShMs are healing high level players or high ShMs healing low levels while they kill something. While your at it open up the PvP for a ShM and Elec dread if they are healing someone really low so that anyone can shoot them in that level range.

Lolwut? wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:
My mother is a space rat, what now?

And that makes you... what, exactly? Canadian?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

SkatePunk wrote:
While your at it open up the PvP for a ShM and Elec dread if they are healing someone really low so that anyone can shoot them in that level range.

That is a completely different can of worms. I agree that the thing you're trying to address is a problem, but this can not be the solution. This should be discussed in another thread, though, if you have any other ideas.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

SkatePunk wrote:
While your at it open up the PvP for a ShM and Elec dread if they are healing someone really low so that anyone can shoot them in that level range.

I can already see the exploits when someone starts doing this intentionally to kill level 30s on their level 2k monk...

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

shawn_mccall wrote:
SkatePunk wrote:

I can already see the exploits when someone starts doing this intentionally to kill level 30s on their level 2k monk...

Mutual war.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411

anilv wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:
SkatePunk wrote:

Mutual war.

I was referring to Nirvana's post. He mentions making healing with an out of PvP monk opening up the PvP range enough to hit it. Ergo, I find some F2Ps fighting in w1 so I heal them both so I can kill them both.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

No matter what happens from this thread I would like to see proposal 2 open up PvP ranges 100% in all layers/DFs during a mutual war.

The war is MUTUAL and anything less then a 100% pvp range in all places simply creates the possibilities of impossible to kill low level blocker kits and things like gal scanning. If a team does not want a 100% pvp range then they do not need to be in a mutual war.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

Chaosking3 wrote:
No matter what happens from this thread I would like to see proposal 2 open up PvP ranges 100% in all layers/DFs during a mutual war.

The war is MUTUAL and anything less then a 100% pvp range in all places simply creates the possibilities of impossible to kill low level blocker kits and things like gal scanning. If a team does not want a 100% pvp range then they do not need to be in a mutual war.

My suggestions for scanning were implemented. There is now a chance to be detected when scanning and cause aggro, also base scanning is limited to your PvP range.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: None
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459

Jeff, I have carefully read the proposals.

Regarding the first, I have always found the max PVP level to be a bit arbitrary. However, I believe the increase will be a step in the right direction, in lieu of being able to remove that aspect of the system all together. So 1 is a yes.

Regarding the second, I believe the principle of reducing the global PVP ranges and putting more emphasis on war PVP ranges is sound and much needed. I won't pretend to be able to speculate on what the specific numbers should be, though I do agree with the others who think that mutual war should open PVP up completely. So 2 is a yes, assuming numbers work appropriately.

As for separating PVP by layer rather than DF, I don't see any particular reason why not, especially if EF is going to be a no PVP zone.

About making Perilous fully open PVP, period... As long as there is any real solo content in Perilous, even just the skills at the bases in Bana, Lunacy, etc., then I don't think Perilous should be an open war zone of gankage. If doing anything out there requires taking one's team along for protection against other players, then this game will shift even more in the direction of large teams and alliances, something I think you've said you're somewhat against, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to limit PVP by tech level as well? Perhaps reduce the range based on average/highest tech of ship and gear? It would make travel ships a bit safer while making "even" fights less affected by level.

TL;DR
1 yes
2 yes-ish
Yes, separate PVP by layer
Don't make Perilous flat-out open PVP
Suggestion: Have gear/ship tech level affect PVP range

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 am

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Jagur4 wrote:
Suggestion: Would it be possible to limit PVP by tech level as well? Perhaps reduce the range based on average/highest tech of ship and gear? It would make travel ships a bit safer while making "even" fights less affected by level.

This is actually a very nice idea indeed. It separates between the rich alts and poor newer players.

The only issue I can see is some items have a very low sell value on purpose to prevent easy credit farming.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 am
Profile WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

The problem I see with this is that there's still not a lot of difference between a level 1600 and a level 2500, assuming both are on a team capable of doing oly. The level 2500 gets a few more bar skills, a ton of zen skills, and that's about all. It's actually punishing people for continuing to level past the point where they have all essential skills.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:27 am

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

I am personally all for a Level cap, and it be raised ever so slightly as new content is added.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Miish_SM
Level: 2157
Class: Berserker

Where you mentioned about EF space having higher DF gals, it seems this uni lacks high DF gals in perilous, theres only 1 DF 375 gal with a DG in it along with 3/4 DF 360s. Just feels a bit on the low side this uni. Not one gal is above 375 DF.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:40 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

yugioh124 wrote:
The problem I see with this is that there's still not a lot of difference between a level 1600 and a level 2500, assuming both are on a team capable of doing oly. The level 2500 gets a few more bar skills, a ton of zen skills, and that's about all. It's actually punishing people for continuing to level past the point where they have all essential skills.

Yeah, that's the whole point of it. Though there is a difference. That's why I think the pvp level cap should be a compromise somewhere above the point where you stop gaining significant power from skills, but not too far above.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Threaten
Level: 2853
Class: Shield Monkey

+100% two-way on #2

then yes

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next