It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: yellow
Level: 1703
Class: Seer

Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
Alright Neba. You want incentive to Pirate? I think I have an idea.

Working of of Skater (w/e) idea here.

Pirate Cove (Perilous space galaxy. DF 400 (changed if you wish))

AI base in front of pirates cove. Adds warp interdiction to any one not marked as friendly who tries to enter.

Mission to enter:

Want to prove your self a real pirate? Go and kill a player, and bring back his Scorched Gear Glue as proof.

Now you have been made a pirate, now any time you kill a player they loose a GG, but they drop a Scorched Gear Glue.

After kill a person and bringing it. You get access to Pirates Cove. It has a production base you are allowed to use. You can equip BPs, and build them after getting all materials, But there is a heavy tax for doing so.

It also has a mission, to kill a player, and bring his scorched Gear Glue.

Once you have it. The mission will give you 1m x the players level. So, you killed a level 1k player? You just earned 1b. You killed a level 500 player? Pfft here is 500m.

Incentive to kill Higher level players, and you get a money you can live off of.

Any tweaks / thoughts?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

you kill 1 lvl 1k player and you get 1b everytime... :O /me goes pirate :P

On a serious note, abuse in this system is way to easy. Pumping cash ftw!, xDragonx makes an alt and kills himself 10 times with it cha-ching!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: yellow
Level: 1703

thijs12b wrote:

On a serious note, abuse in this system is way to easy. Pumping cash ftw!, xDragonx makes an alt and kills himself 10 times with it cha-ching!

Only allowed to kill the same person once. (if you do kill them again, you get no cash for it)

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
blacker2359 wrote:
thijs12b wrote:

Only allowed to kill the same person once in a month. (if you do kill them again during that time, you get no cash for it)

I do believe this idea is brilliant.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203
Class: Shield Monkey

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
blacker2359 wrote:
thijs12b wrote:

Only allowed to kill the same person once in a month. (if you do kill them again during that time, you get no cash for it)

I do believe this idea is brilliant.

Fucking brilliant. You can only kill the same person every day?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
If you actually read the quote of yellow I posted, you would have seen I edited it.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Yay goett (just an example) with more then 30 lvl 1k+ chars can now get 30b a day (or even a month...) for free or he could make them all into pirates and make them all kill eachother for maximums profits!

This idea has a flaw and will not work.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Howzabout the mission tells you to kill a random player within a certain level range that has logged in in the past 48 hours, that's not on your team or account? You can only do one of these missions per certain time period, and finishing any of them cancels the rest for that amount of time.

That way you can get maybe 15b a month if you're hunting around actively.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tech9
Level: 1923

Yay, time zones!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Demiser of D wrote:
Howzabout the mission tells you to kill a random player within a certain level range that has logged in in the past 48 hours, that's not on your team or account? You can only do one of these missions per certain time period, and finishing any of them cancels the rest for that amount of time.

That way you can get maybe 15b a month if you're hunting around actively.

I like it, but you should be able to exclude teams, and it ban accounts and IP addresses from teams so no one can snake the system

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590

Neba wrote:
but you should be able to exclude teams

No, a true pirate has no allegiance. 'Sides, if you don't want to kill the player, wait 48 hours for a new mission. That's the price you pay for being a pussy.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:20 am

well I guess Id be getting paid..
I mainly didnt pirate everyone because I liked trading with people

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 am
Profile E-mail

crackaman wrote:
Neba wrote:
but you should be able to exclude teams

No, a true pirate has no allegiance. 'Sides, if you don't want to kill the player, wait 48 hours for a new mission. That's the price you pay for being a pussy.

Make bounties actually worthwhile putting on peoples heads, and I guarantee people will start pirating more. Change the bounty system so its a one time bounty, and actually make it beneficial to the person placing the bounty on that guys head to have them killed.

As it stands now Bounties are worthless, there is no reason to place a bounty on someones head. Yeah you have them targetted by people who are looking for some cash, but its a lose/lose situation. You lose money and they lose gear glue. Why not make it so when a player with a bounty is killed they drop a "corpse" and the corpse can be delivered to the person who placed the bounty. When they acquire the corpse they can get a nice little stat boost/use it towards building some rare item or something.

Obviously the corpse would only drop when the bounty is above a certain amount, or there could be varying tiers of corpses.

What this does is gives PvP a boost, it encourages people to circulate money throughout the system, and it means pissing off a team with a lot of money could mean you and your teammates could find yourself being plagued by pirates.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

The issue with bounties is currently that a player can just hop into a zebucart and get his friend to kill him and collect the bounty. What I'm thinking is that after we add item damage, we can make the collected bounty from a kill be limited to some percent of the item damage caused by the kill. This way the person killed will lose more in item damage than his friend can collect on the bounty, so there will be no reason to game it that I can think of.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
The issue with bounties is currently that a player can just hop into a zebucart and get his friend to kill him and collect the bounty. What I'm thinking is that after we add item damage, we can make the collected bounty from a kill be limited to some percent of the item damage caused by the kill. This way the person killed will lose more in item damage than his friend can collect on the bounty, so there will be no reason to game it that I can think of.

Good idea.

Any chance you could also look into lowering the XP gained from killing AI and dramatically increasing the XP gained from doing quests? So its more advantageous for people to do missions and quests in order to level, and kill AI in order to farm.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next