It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
JeffL wrote:
I would kind of like to give all DG bosses a mini lockout of 30 minutes or something, but I was afraid of what the angry mob would do to me. I guess it's not that different from instancing it, though.

bit late isnt it, if you know what i mean?

ive experienced odd behaviour related to DGs lately, and its not just me.

i went into a 2800, killed it, sat there, and then 3 of my clients got d/c'd at once, in my mind, just to kick out the engineer camping, which is what i presume happened, SS severed my computers connection to the game for a sec. i know it wasnt anything on my end.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

Just allow the spirit to travel 600 speed? when your ship is towed back?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 am
Profile E-mail

Neba wrote:
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46338

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46338

Add in a leaderboards and an incentive to pirate if your gonna restrict pirating to one tow and go. Check out my post.
Would make the game fun again (:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Asmodeaan wrote:
How will this "can't enter EF space while pirating" work towards healing ships. Trans damage is still dealth with as a "player attack" if I recall right which means die-ing to ai while dual dg'ing with a shm would lead to a kick for pvp?

Getting healed by someone would not count as dying in PvP. The way we'd do it is set a flag to false whenever your shields are full or leave stasis, and set it to true whenever you get hit for damage by another player or his slaves or temporary drone, and then if that flag is true when you die, you'll be considered to have died from PvP.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Aidelon
Main: hio
Level: 2132
Class: Speed Demon

Dorin Nube wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Earthforce Layer: not-buildable, no PvP allowed (number of gals and max DF increased). . .
The reasoning behind this is that players who just want to do PvE content and "be left alone" can go to Earthforce Layer and be free from PvP. Earthforce layer would go all the way up to DF 300, so there would still be some high-end DG's.

I may just be old and old fashioned, but I really hate the idea of players being able to do DGs with no risk of pvp. Back in the old days, you learned to be a good "citizen" of SS by learning to wait your turn in DGs, not scoop the other guy's loot, etc. If you didn't mind your manners, you got zapped. Such an enormous non-pvp area is going to do nothing but breed rude players who can camp out there and not face any consequences for scamming on trades, being rude, or anything else. Right now, scammers quickly become KOS and learn their lesson. Not so with this system.

I know you're going for simple, but look at all the exploits pirates can currently use with EF protected space - running there to hide and charge up, or even parking an MCed Shm there to autoheal them during a fight. At least in EF protected space, you can still kill them if you're willing to take the cop aggro and lose a gg of your own in the process. With this system,you will face the unintended consequence of giving sanctuary to pirates and scammers as well as pacifists.

As for the towing, I absolutely love the fact that if you got autotowed upon death you would be completely out of the fight for awhile, unable to spy on the other team in your spirit or see what's going on at all. Unfortunately, as everyone has pointed out, the system is way too full of complications from slaves, drones, etc., to be the "simple" solution you were looking for.

I believe an easy fix for this would be give players one infamy for every non-declared war pvp they commit(actually managing to pod the person they attack.) If someone has one infamy they can be PVP'ed in ANY space layer. One point of infamy lasts X hours and at the end of X hours that one infamy is gone and the player is no longer pvp'able. So if they acquire 2 infamy it takes 2X hours for it to disappear. Can also add special conditions, like if a player reaches past, for example 10 infamy. They can be pvp'ed by any level.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Vigoratus
Level: 1648

All of these ideas are pretty shit imo..

if some 1 talks shit to you..you cant do anything to him cause he can just stay in the none-pvp zones...

i sayd this before and il say it again..

Jeff play the game properly before you propose stuff

And with properly i mean pvp and pvai not just ping ur radar in ur test gal..

This is just an improvement for the babys that dont like pvp..what about the ppl that enjoy pvp..oh wait they get to pvp in pir space..but wait..hardly anyone pvps random ppl in pir space?

Try a beter suggestion?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Yeaa.. I say there should just be a pvp protection system for lower leveled players.
If you mess with the pvp system to limit pvp further, you should offer incentives on pvp

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Yeah...just do like no pvp til lvl 550+ or whatever even 1.2k so you got all the skills...and under lvl 1.2k leave a option so you can put pvp on and off? not this EF space with DGs and no pvp..bs

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail

550+ is a lil low, but I think by 1 or 1.1k you understand game mechanics and should be held accountable for your place in the game

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Neba wrote:
550+ is a lil low, but I think by 1 or 1.1k you understand game mechanics and should be held accountable for your place in the game

Yeah 550 would be to low. but they should have an option that they want to be open for pvp or not in that space.

So for once...<3 you neba..treasure it for it wil be the last time you see me write that!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Im just pissed that I cant kill people multiple times without risking getting banned
it takes the whole piracy out of piracy
its not like I can float to some empty part of space and the admins wont find me.. its like insta cops of banishment from existence

they need to restrict griefing to higher levels, or they need to offer some sort of incentive to pirate, this is from the "Galatic PvP News"

Faint wrote:
Im gonna suggest the dev design some sort of Galactic news that when a player is killed by another player within a certain # of jumps from EF space the kill is posted on some sort of news board shown in ai ports. basically something like this.

July 25 - 21:24:27
Faint[playername] in the ship[Shipname] was attacked and destroyed by renegade334[playername] piloting[shipname] in Star System Horrible Tucana.

or could say "Was podded by" or w/e u want it to say.

shows time stamp and location, also gives naming your ships a purpose. And possibly a little flag graphic of what teams of the players were on next to their names.

I suggested

I think they should display it as leader boards and should only take into account PvP kills (not kills counted by bases)
and should have its own tab on bases similar to the bulletin

and based on your position the leader board get a stat boost
NUMBER ONE - 20-25% stat boost
top ten get a 17% boost
top eleven through twenty get a 12% boost
top twenty one through thirty get a 7% boost
top thirty one through fifty get a 5% boost
top fifty one through one hundred get a 2% boost

This would increase the amount of pirates and people would stop with all the carebear bullshit
plus with the new tow coding to be implemented it would balance stuff out

do you know how many people would pirate for the opportunity for a 12% addition to all skills? (BASE, before AT n such)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

EwanB wrote:
All of these ideas are pretty shit imo..

if some 1 talks shit to you..you cant do anything to him cause he can just stay in the none-pvp zones...

Just ignore it, Wex. Because he's a coward who stays in the non pvp areas means he's afraid that you will or already can beat the undead crap out of him.

In ss, words can't physically hurt you. And if they can, it's filtered or gets attention from the banhammer.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Thats rather easy to abuse seeing the amount of alt accs ppl have atm..
i could just get my SD and kill me 7 alts a few 100 times a day

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Restrict it to IP addresses
they can IP ban people
why not connect leaderboards to an IP

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail

meh if admins wanted to they could do that easy imo...
but as i see it they want less pvp..not more

they cba with the carebears sending in tickets cause they died.

Maybe we should start sending in tickets that we want more pvp?

i bet that we wil be ignored.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next