It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
Yea Im saying the only add the leaderboards if they restrict pvp any more (hence what this thread is all about)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

i really dont see how pirates or PVPers could POSSIBLY be complaining at this, since you've been given a carte blanche to do whatever the hell you feel like to anyone in wild space or perilous space...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

brandontc wrote:
what happenes if i have drones out and die and get auto towed? (this is why i'd like the toggle option)

JeffL wrote:
Your ship gets towed, but not your escape pod/spirit. In C2, you will be able to direct the fire of your drones and slaves using the RTS interface, or you can go back to the towing station and fly back to the galaxy to rescue your drones. I don't see this as too different from the current situation where your drones are left out to dry for 5 minutes while you're in stasis.

Drones won't fire if you're not there... So, instead of our current system in which our drones can defend themselves we leave them at the mercy of every passing Zebu until we can get back.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Your ship gets towed, but not your escape pod/spirit. In C2, you will be able to direct the fire of your drones and slaves using the RTS interface, or you can go back to the towing station and fly back to the galaxy to rescue your drones. I don't see this as too different from the current situation where your drones are left out to dry for 5 minutes while you're in stasis.

Drones won't fire if you're not there... So, instead of our current system in which our drones can defend themselves we leave them at the mercy of every passing Zebu until we can get back.

If your escape pod or spirit is still around it is no different from how it is currently with your escape pod sitting there and a dead stasis ship. Your drones should still fire as normal.

That being said, please add a toggle... Either that, or there should be towing stations every couple of galaxies. Nobody wants to waste even more time flying back to a tow station because a pirate ganks them.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Dunno if you've sorted this yet, but...

If a player gets a tow of any kind, all their combat slaves should also be towed. (Also, please make engineer's drones teleport into their ship upon the drone master's death. Right now drones heal the DM over other drones, meaning that if you DO die everything else will follow extremely quickly.)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: M.A.D.
Main: Moltargobergoblarshi
Level: 164
Class: Berserker

So if slaves ateleported back instantly will their fighters be put in their hull?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

so basically you can't PvB

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

Jeff is this goes in I'm coming back to SS immediately.

Not being able to PvP who I wanted when I wanted is the reason I left SS, now with PvP zones I don't have to worry about people screaming about griefing.

Any chance you could add a Black Market of sorts to the PvP layers? I was thinking that once you gain a certain level of infamy you would be shot on site by Earthforce, which would mean you would have to go to a Black Market in order to pay them a fee to give you a new "RFID" tag of sorts. :D

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

Threaten wrote:
so basically you can't PvB

This. You also ruined emp runs and any kind of group PvP. All the suggestions are good other than auto-tow, that's just horrible. At least make it optional, please, it would cause massive headaches if it was mandatory.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:09 am

Okay, seriously, enough with talking about autotows. They'll work something out. All I'm seeing is repetitive suggestions about autotows this and that. We get it already.|

@"How would no pvp effect healing?"
Really? It wouldn't. They can just do what they do in current no pvp zones...|

Neba,
1. I don't like the sound of "Galactic News". If you got it from where I think you got it, then you should understand "GNN" and "building slots based on exp". They fixed ambush teleport use by switching it from free and inbuilt to "buy this cheap ambush teleporter at ANY planet/station and do the exact same thing". I won't name the game here on the forums but just know I react this way to things that sound like it ^.^

2. I don't really think a leaderboard would be any sort of incentive for pvp. With stat boosts, maybe, but no. Having a leaderboard might encourage competition but to me it's like reading the news. Do I wish there was something for me to know what's going on? Yeah, I guess but I don't think any really competes for recognition from an artificial system while pvping...
|

Time to wrap up this criticism.

Personally, I don't like the idea of any no pvp. That's what Sol is for. Nice, easy, relaxing place with a few dung and fly pellets if you don't have the shields. Sure, you need a place where you can have a break from pvp but, really? Allowing people to hide? No thanks.

The reasons I don't like it?
1. There are players you're not allowed to touch. Something along the lines of "I really can't help my teammate without healing them". Not as big a deal as I make it but, you know...
2. I want his gear (pfft, gear glue)
3. I want his credits
4. I want his base gone and mine on his planet.
More but...
/

I really think the system with the fuzz mauling you over pvp is fine. Also, no, not all these idea are good.|

Now, here is my idea:
(I have ripped off some older systems of SS, but, eh..)

-Basically, divide it up into, more or less, zones.
-Next each pvp zone has its own characteristics.

1 -Nexus and Sol are share the same unique zone.
This zone is the current no pvp system in place.
2 -EF protected Zone
As is. If you really want to prevent someone from reaching the Sol safe zone, you can, if you're willing to deal with the fuzz and are in the pvp range.
3 -1 jump out from this is consequence pvp
This simply means you have a pvp tag. Attack someone, it turns on and you can both shoot and be shot in this zone. Attacking someone here when your tag was previously off means your tag is set to on, only impeded by your safety lock and their actions.
4 -The rest of w0 until w1
Standard pvp based only level, df, and other standard factors
5 -Earth Force Celestial Garden w1
Bases and drones cannot attack players unless attacked directly. If a specific team/player owns a base/drone and it gets attacked, all such team/player 's drones/bases will be able to attack said aggressor. This allows for this region to be built in without fear of running into hostile galaxies. This also allows for competition for base locations if such a need were to arise. Attacks on any player owned object WILL trigger a pvp tag.
6 w1 AND w2
Triggers pvp tag. pvp allowed without as per usual system.
7 w3
Does NOT trigger pvp tag. Reasoning being this is really far from any place that use it.

Questions/Comments on that idea?

Also note: The pvp tag gets set to 24 hours after every time it is triggered.

Possible idea: pvp tag goes away after 24 hours after first attack or 5 hours after last attack, whichever is more. I kinda want feedback on how long it should last.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:08 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411

SkyTitan wrote:
Okay, seriously, enough with talking about autotows. They'll work something out. All I'm seeing is repetitive suggestions about autotows this and that. We get it already.|

@"How would no pvp effect healing?"
Really? It wouldn't. They can just do what they do in current no pvp zones...|

Neba,
1. I don't like the sound of "Galactic News". If you got it from where I think you got it, then you should understand "GNN" and "building slots based on exp". They fixed ambush teleport use by switching it from free and inbuilt to "buy this cheap ambush teleporter at ANY planet/station and do the exact same thing". I won't name the game here on the forums but just know I react this way to things that sound like it ^.^

2. I don't really think a leaderboard would be any sort of incentive for pvp. With stat boosts, maybe, but no. Having a leaderboard might encourage competition but to me it's like reading the news. Do I wish there was something for me to know what's going on? Yeah, I guess but I don't think any really competes for recognition from an artificial system while pvping...
|

Time to wrap up this criticism.

Personally, I don't like the idea of any no pvp. That's what Sol is for. Nice, easy, relaxing place with a few dung and fly pellets if you don't have the shields. Sure, you need a place where you can have a break from pvp but, really? Allowing people to hide? No thanks.

The reasons I don't like it?
1. There are players you're not allowed to touch. Something along the lines of "I really can't help my teammate without healing them". Not as big a deal as I make it but, you know...
2. I want his gear (pfft, gear glue)
3. I want his credits
4. I want his base gone and mine on his planet.
More but...
/

I really think the system with the fuzz mauling you over pvp is fine. Also, no, not all these idea are good.|

Now, here is my idea:
(I have ripped off some older systems of SS, but, eh..)

-Basically, divide it up into, more or less, zones.
-Next each pvp zone has its own characteristics.

1 -Nexus and Sol are share the same unique zone.
This zone is the current no pvp system in place.
2 -EF protected Zone
As is. If you really want to prevent someone from reaching the Sol safe zone, you can, if you're willing to deal with the fuzz and are in the pvp range.
3 -1 jump out from this is consequence pvp
This simply means you have a pvp tag. Attack someone, it turns on and you can both shoot and be shot in this zone. Attacking someone here when your tag was previously off means your tag is set to on, only impeded by your safety lock and their actions.
4 -The rest of w0 until w1
Standard pvp based only level, df, and other standard factors
5 -Earth Force Celestial Garden w1
Bases and drones cannot attack players unless attacked directly. If a specific team/player owns a base/drone and it gets attacked, all such team/player 's drones/bases will be able to attack said aggressor. This allows for this region to be built in without fear of running into hostile galaxies. This also allows for competition for base locations if such a need were to arise. Attacks on any player owned object WILL trigger a pvp tag.
6 w1 AND w2
Triggers pvp tag. pvp allowed without as per usual system.
7 w3
Does NOT trigger pvp tag. Reasoning being this is really far from any place that use it.

Questions/Comments on that idea?

Also note: The pvp tag gets set to 24 hours after every time it is triggered.

Possible idea: pvp tag goes away after 24 hours after first attack or 5 hours after last attack, whichever is more. I kinda want feedback on how long it should last.

Who are you, and why is your post so beautiful?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:41 am
Profile E-mail

Some random person and simply because I thought my post should be possible to skim and not misread.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:52 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Yeah, I think the idea for the tow being automatic is out. Asking the person when he gets back into his ship, or giving a tow option to slaves in light stasis is probably the way to go.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:18 am
Profile WWW

Are you going to give a benefit to pirating as well?
if theres such an easy exit there should be a incentive to pirate

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:44 am
Profile E-mail

Neba wrote:
Are you going to give a benefit to pirating as well?
if theres such an easy exit there should be a incentive to pirate

Hmm... I did forget an incentive, didn't I? I'm not sure there's a way to work one into a pvp system. The best I can think of is an open pvp shortcut into merchant territory. Dunno...

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:45 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next