It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
Jeff, what about galaxy sieges? If you're attacking a well-fortified galaxy, dying is not only possible, it's expected. If you got teleported away whenever you died, people would never be able to PvB again. Same with Emperor claims and other group-based PvP.

Also:

Quote:
We're talking about building HQ teleporters anyway.

I love you.

Last edited by yugioh124 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
I would say ideally DG's or at least the last level of DG's would be instanced, but that's not really possible right now. I agree it's a problem, though if two of you are fighting over a boss in a non-PvP place, that could get really annoying. I'm willing to posit that the advantages of the change overall would outweigh this negative until we can get to DG instancing. Unless anyone else has a suggestion? PvP on DG level doesn't really work, I don't think, because then you'd just get PKers hiding in the boss level of a DG waiting for people to gank.

Give all DGs in the EF-layer an automatic kickout if the boss spawns while you are still there to prevent camping of the boss level. There could even be a mini lockout.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I would kind of like to give all DG bosses a mini lockout of 30 minutes or something, but I was afraid of what the angry mob would do to me. I guess it's not that different from instancing it, though.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 am
Profile WWW

This takes out the pirating aspect too.
I cant join any established team because LC has me warred and I cant pay the settlement, all I can really do is go back to pirating. If you get killed in pvp, I think that you should have to pay the tow fee (some decent cash, maybe 100m-ish) to the killer or just wait it out.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:20 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

Also this idea would help with the trade slave griefers

kiko wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Your ship gets towed, but not your escape pod/spirit.

Rofl, seriously?

everything about this idea is awesome jeff except this bit, this will be crazy annoying to go 30 hops back to get ur ship. Unless pods/spirits are faster.

also dont think fees are needed while the loser still loses GG

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:23 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Topbuzz, see this post: viewtopic.php?p=561901#p561901

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: -defender-
Level: 2265

Rather than auto-tow just make towing stations more frequent and make towing give you a +1k shield/energy recharge while you're docked at the station, maybe consume credits for this, like 1m a second, just an example. Its like getting your ship patched.

The idea of auto-tow would suck for PvB where people do die a lot. But if you must put auto-tow in..maybe if base has shot the squad the person is on within last say..30sec in same gal, then no auto-tow should happen..

edit: I like Neba's suggestion of the tow fees going to the person who got the kill.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 am

Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Excellent. Purely excellent.

These points may cover this topic or the uni size/shape topic.

1. Drones should be automatically scooped into your ship on death, item or no item.

NO! When PvPing an engineer the idea is to kill the engineer first so that the drones loose their bonus, then kill them If they're auto-scooped that's as bad as how broken engineers are in colo once they get a foothold. Don't be a noob.

2. Instant Teleporting needs to have a notification window. You die by a player, window pops up asking if you would like to teleport, with only one option: teleport. It stays there until you either teleport or come out of stasis.

4. Put all Special gals in EF space. Perp Motion, Lyceum, etc.

No, because then people cna stop others from accessing them. Leave them ALL where they are.

5. Gals that people fight over, like the engine-less gals or similar, should be put in Wild Space. Labyrinth and Hyper, XYZ.

No, leave them where they are.

6. Wild Space needs to have a ton more w2 gals, at least half.

7. DG Bosses and roaming bosses need to be put in EF space.

No.

8. Zones like Oly, RP, UZ, and that new seer place need to be put in EF space (not sure on this one).

No. You're such a carebear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if this has bene said because I only lightly skimmed the other posts but...

Towing slaves, instantly, really? That is SO stupid. Often in PvP I allow my slaves to die because they're of a lower priotity than say, my SD or Beserker or whoever I'm healing, they also have 75% Crazy Glue, so I don't really mind because they is very little loss.

This Instant towing thing shouldn't be in at all, not even optional. It is SO stupid. If people don't want to be camped, they can go get a tow manually or wait 'till people go.

As for not allowing PvP in EF space, that's ridiculous too as ALOT of PvP happens there, IE - Lyceum. Also, with the re-introduction of staircase galaxies many people will go through EF space from juxes to get to sol, how are people supposed to blokcade and Galaxy battle if there can't be PvP!!

Imo, this suggestion is just so unneeded. The only decent thing out of this was the drone-recalled, but only if it scoops drones IN THE VICINITY OF THE STASISED SHIP, say, 100 distance, MAX.

I hate to bring up this old argument, but I feel it's needed:

Welcome to Star Sonata, a Massively Multiplayer Online Game, where you captain a spaceship in a vast, hostile, and fascinating universe.

( http://www.starsonata.com/ )

Whether you like it or not Jeff, StarSonata is full of PvP, and that's how it should stay. I personally see NOTHING wrong with the current system, would someone please show me?

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:36 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

mayank wrote:
Rather than auto-tow just make towing stations more frequent and make towing give you a +1k shield/energy recharge while you're docked at the station, maybe consume credits for this, like 1m a second, just an example. Its like getting your ship patched.

The idea of auto-tow would suck for PvB where people do die a lot. But if you must put auto-tow in..maybe if base has shot the squad the person is on within last say..30sec in same gal, then no auto-tow should happen..

edit: I like Neba's suggestion of the tow fees going to the person who got the kill.

So, 1 mil a sec, let's mess over people with high shield banks, if I regened to full there I'd cost me over 500mil, stupid.

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:37 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Rhys
Level: 2261

Prosperous carebears are good for the SS economy though.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:54 am
Profile E-mail

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46338

Add in a leaderboards and an incentive to pirate if your gonna restrict pirating to one tow and go. Check out my post.
Would make the game fun again (:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 964
Class: Fleet Commander

JeffL wrote:
I guess if we made the towing optional, that would be less of a departure from the current system, so maybe better that way. Someone suggested in chat that the towing shouldn't be when you get killed, but when you attempt to get back into your ship a dialog pops up with whether or not you want a tow. The advantage of this is that you don't have to leave a "yes/no" dialog open while you decide if you want to tow. You can watch the battle play out and direct your slaves, and then when you've decided, you can hop in and tow or not. The other thing I was thinking along these lines was with slaves, we can have two options for them when they get back into yellow stasis, which would be "leave stasis" and "leave stasis and tow".

I like this idea, a lot.

I'm not sure if we want to offer the choice to tow to a player not killed in PvP. I suppose for consistency we should, but maybe if you weren't killed in PvP, you should have to pay money, but that's kind of exploitable if you just get your friend to PK you for a free tow.

Don't make the towing fee too expensive (100mil tops if you are a level 1k). That would discourage the possible exploit.

Also, if you've taken some damage from a player and some from an AI, that would still count as dying in PvP.

I agree that the idea that people can escape to safe space is a troubling one. What would people think if anyone who PvP's is not allowed into non-PvP space or instances for 5 minutes (or some other duration)? Yes, in the long run, you could ninja someone today and hide in PvE space tomorrow, but if people are after you, that's still a huge portion of the game that will be quite treacherous or unpassable to KOS people.

Another great idea.

Also, in one of your other posts, you talked about drones auto scooping. I would say that you have to buy an item (so it's like drone GG in a sense) and they come in tech levels of 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, and 21; they scoop their tech or lower, and the lowest tech one scoops any drones within 100 distance while the tech 21 would scoop all drones from 350 distance. (of your stasis'd ship). Give the items a small chance of failing, decreasing with higher tech ones. When they fail, they still scoop the drones as normally, but the item gets destroyed, and you have to buy/build a new one.

Also, I think the DG bosses in EF space should be a bit inferior to the ones in wild/perilous space. If you want PvP to go on in the wild space/peril DG's, put bosses worth fighting for in them.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265

Quote:
So, 1 mil a sec, let's mess over people with high shield banks, if I regened to full there I'd cost me over 500mil, stupid.

Well your bank means you are also harder to kill, so I think its fair enough. What I mean by 1m per sec is the cost of staying docked in that base to get +1k/1k RPS boost. You can always undock and regen on your own.

The basic idea is that people who use stop shields aren't like out of it all when they are dead and at towing bases, to prevent griefing and all..

Ofc the 1m thingy can probs be changed to something else, maybe 500k or 700k, dunno..

Just saying.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282
Class: Berserker

How will this "can't enter EF space while pirating" work towards healing ships. Trans damage is still dealth with as a "player attack" if I recall right which means die-ing to ai while dual dg'ing with a shm would lead to a kick for pvp?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am

Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2684
Class: Speed Demon

yugioh124 wrote:
Jeff, what about galaxy sieges? If you're attacking a well-fortified galaxy, dying is not only possible, it's expected. If you got teleported away whenever you died, people would never be able to PvB again. Same with Emperor claims and other group-based PvP.

I love you.

Auto towing is not mandatory when war has been declared, in Anatolia, and when the crown ship is flying?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next