It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
Excellent. Purely excellent.

These points may cover this topic or the uni size/shape topic.

1. Drones should be automatically scooped into your ship on death, item or no item.

2. Instant Teleporting needs to have a notification window. You die by a player, window pops up asking if you would like to teleport, with only one option: teleport. It stays there until you either teleport or come out of stasis.

3. Pods/Spirits must either be towed along with your ship or have their speed increased to like 500 and not decrease across jumps. If you choose to make it so they are not teleported, a large beef to their shielding, possibly even regenerative shields should happen.

4. Put all Special gals in EF space. Perp Motion, Lyceum, etc.

5. Gals that people fight over, like the engine-less gals or similar, should be put in Wild Space. Labyrinth and Hyper, XYZ.

6. Wild Space needs to have a ton more w2 gals, at least half.

7. DG Bosses and roaming bosses need to be put in EF space.

8. Zones like Oly, RP, UZ, and that new seer place need to be put in EF space (not sure on this one).

Just my 8 cents.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

No If you wanna do High Level Content you gotta be able to risk for it. There should be Full on PVP in the UZ and other high level content gals.

Other than that I am totally ok with everything here. Maybe now SS can be a lil more fun

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 1504
Class: Fleet Commander

It all sounds good EXCEPT the instant towing thing. I've already found a way to explot it. Example:

You're an FC, possibly a middie or lowbie, and some random SD griefer in a Panther pops in and takes out your slaves, then leaves you to die to the AI that you can't fight back against because your slaves are back in EF Sanct or wherever they're set to go when they die. Then, the griefer only has to poke your ship enough to get your shields low enough for an AI to kill you. Since the instant-tow isn't affected by being killed by an AI, he can then continue to camp your ship, waiting until you get back in to poke you some more, then leaving you to die to the AI again.

At some point you run out of GG and your gear drops, which he can then scoop after 10 seconds or so, rinse and repeat. You can't fight back against him because you're just some lowbie with a crummy shield, no or minimal weapons, and your slaves are far away and (at the time) unrecoverable.

On a seperate note, there should be an option to auto-tow anyway. As some have said, the player that has been killed may want to fight back, and there is also the PvP/PvB factor in wars, declaired or otherwise. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a gal siege and have my ship taken out from under me and sent 20 warps away because one of the bases decided to turn its fire in my direction.

I can see a workaround for declaired wars, but what if neither team has officially declaired wars and are just having, say, opening-uni skermishes (which happen often) or light skermishes over one or two border gals. Teams don't full-on declare war over one or two border gals, it's too costly and the bugs in the agro/hate system aren't completely worked out yet, causing even further problems.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile YIM
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Quote:
Instant Teleporting needs to have a notification window. You die by a player, window pops up asking if you would like to teleport, with only one option: teleport. It stays there until you either teleport or come out of stasis.

What TCGM said. Extend it to your slaves as well.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Quote:
Instant Teleporting needs to have a notification window. You die by a player, window pops up asking if you would like to teleport, with only one option: teleport. It stays there until you either teleport or come out of stasis.

What TCGM said. Extend it to your slaves as well.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
Earthforce Layer: not-buildable, no PvP allowed (number of gals and max DF increased). . .
The reasoning behind this is that players who just want to do PvE content and "be left alone" can go to Earthforce Layer and be free from PvP. Earthforce layer would go all the way up to DF 300, so there would still be some high-end DG's.

I may just be old and old fashioned, but I really hate the idea of players being able to do DGs with no risk of pvp. Back in the old days, you learned to be a good "citizen" of SS by learning to wait your turn in DGs, not scoop the other guy's loot, etc. If you didn't mind your manners, you got zapped. Such an enormous non-pvp area is going to do nothing but breed rude players who can camp out there and not face any consequences for scamming on trades, being rude, or anything else. Right now, scammers quickly become KOS and learn their lesson. Not so with this system.

I know you're going for simple, but look at all the exploits pirates can currently use with EF protected space - running there to hide and charge up, or even parking an MCed Shm there to autoheal them during a fight. At least in EF protected space, you can still kill them if you're willing to take the cop aggro and lose a gg of your own in the process. With this system,you will face the unintended consequence of giving sanctuary to pirates and scammers as well as pacifists.

As for the towing, I absolutely love the fact that if you got autotowed upon death you would be completely out of the fight for awhile, unable to spy on the other team in your spirit or see what's going on at all. Unfortunately, as everyone has pointed out, the system is way too full of complications from slaves, drones, etc., to be the "simple" solution you were looking for.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Mofouler87 wrote:
No If you wanna do High Level Content you gotta be able to risk for it. There should be Full on PVP in the UZ and other high level content gals.

Other than that I am totally ok with everything here. Maybe now SS can be a lil more fun

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't your main's level a little low for you to make this kind of argument? There's already no PvP in Olympus, which is good because no one wants to hamstring their squad with PvP-oriented characters.

I think there are clear issues with the teleportation system when slaves or drones are involved. DragonGod's point where someone can cause a player to be ganked by AI repeatedly is pretty serious. I think it's clear that you should have the option of teleporting whenever you are killed, regardless whether it was a player who dealt the final blow. Likewise, slaves should go into stasis normally when killed and then teleport with your main ship if it is killed and you choose to teleport.

Naturally, there will be no option to teleport out of instances. I will recommend again that teleportation should have some nontrivial cost (scaling with level perhaps but definitely not with size or weight of ship, nor with number of slaves/drones simultaneously teleported), and that a cut of the cost could perhaps be paid to the player who got the kill if there is one.

Myrtok, if a player earns a bad reputation and is then confined to the EF-layer for it, that's plenty punishment I would say. There's only so much content you can do without ever visiting a player shop or venturing into perilous space.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Last edited by anilv on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

I don't like auto towing simply because it will make PvB/BvB almost impossible. Getting past base range without dying at least once either means you have the player strength to PvB and not bother with bases or the gal simply sucks and still does not require BvB.

I also never saw it the way TP does. Having a layer 100% unpvpable might have a some what detrimental effect on the playerbase. If this is institued I would suggest a kickout on DGs in order to avoid the inevitable boss camping of good DGs in an area which you cannot fight over it.

The idea of making team HQs tow bases is fantastic.

So,
No to auto towing
Yes to HQ towing
Be very careful with the no PvP area and listen to the reservations on it.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail

JeffL wrote:
I have mixed feelings on the optional tow idea.

On the one hand, people would clearly prefer it because it gives them a choice, but on the other hand, the forced tow will protect people from themselves (e.g. stubbornly getting in their ship over and over again to be killed repeatedly, or thinking their attacker has gone, when he's just sitting there cloaked), and it could also make PvP encounters more dynamic, as you temporarily remove people from the battlefield, you can in theory "win", or else you have people flying back from the towing station to reinforce.

what about BvB? or PvB?
in theory that is dead

Make it so you have limited teles, because if you continuously come to try and kill me, but I kill you, he should have a chance to regear while im potentially tied down in the gal he was killed in

So griefing is bye bye? I wont get banned for killing someone?
Are you gonna unban sero?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I guess if we made the towing optional, that would be less of a departure from the current system, so maybe better that way. Someone suggested in chat that the towing shouldn't be when you get killed, but when you attempt to get back into your ship a dialog pops up with whether or not you want a tow. The advantage of this is that you don't have to leave a "yes/no" dialog open while you decide if you want to tow. You can watch the battle play out and direct your slaves, and then when you've decided, you can hop in and tow or not. The other thing I was thinking along these lines was with slaves, we can have two options for them when they get back into yellow stasis, which would be "leave stasis" and "leave stasis and tow".

I'm not sure if we want to offer the choice to tow to a player not killed in PvP. I suppose for consistency we should, but maybe if you weren't killed in PvP, you should have to pay money, but that's kind of exploitable if you just get your friend to PK you for a free tow.

Also, if you've taken some damage from a player and some from an AI, that would still count as dying in PvP.

I agree that the idea that people can escape to safe space is a troubling one. What would people think if anyone who PvP's is not allowed into non-PvP space or instances for 5 minutes (or some other duration)? Yes, in the long run, you could ninja someone today and hide in PvE space tomorrow, but if people are after you, that's still a huge portion of the game that will be quite treacherous or unpassable to KOS people.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:20 am
Profile WWW

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

My concerns were pretty much addressed with the choice of whether to tow or not.

You still need to consider the camping of EF space DGs. I understand it can be tolerated atm due to the fact that someone can always resort to PvP to claim a DG but if there is no PvP in EF space and the DF goes all the way up to DF300 then there are bound to be some nice bosses in there which can be camped at no risk.

Camping in general is a lame counter productive game mechanic but camping with no risk is even worse.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:40 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: LILITH-
Level: 5
Class: None

If at all possible i would liek to see the old lay out of the universe put in to place as well as the new... a mix between the layer jumping central colomn
and the outer rim layer jumps. this gives 2 benefits. 1 a team can easily control 1 area of space and not have to travel back to or through enemy space. that may be around the central nerve. and it allows less pvp pirating to occure as early in the universe there was immense amounts of piracy as the PVP combaters learned a easy way to stlak there prey from one central area.... its basicly catalizing the non pvp who would prefer a "backdoor" into leveling space. this would also make things for trade between w1-2-and 3 a lot more efficient and smooth. other than that i would liek a higehr DF ef w1 space tahts protected thats a grand idea. woudl be nice to make some profit without having to spend all of that money in GG and security. i feel bad for the pirates and mid level players though.... they wont be able to scam a lower level into buying a decent item for a increased price. Ex. shield and energy caps wich drom commonly from dg's in df 150-250 wich typically market between 50 - 600 m can now be mroe manageable to a f2p or low level both in price decrease and in the abilit for them to make moremoney safely. and easily come back to protection. at the cost of being able to build bases in w1 of course.... if that is what yer getting at.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

JeffL wrote:
I guess if we made the towing optional, that would be less of a departure from the current system, so maybe better that way. Someone suggested in chat that the towing shouldn't be when you get killed, but when you attempt to get back into your ship a dialog pops up with whether or not you want a tow. The advantage of this is that you don't have to leave a "yes/no" dialog open while you decide if you want to tow. You can watch the battle play out and direct your slaves, and then when you've decided, you can hop in and tow or not. The other thing I was thinking along these lines was with slaves, we can have two options for them when they get back into yellow stasis, which would be "leave stasis" and "leave stasis and tow".

I think you should be able to initiate a tow whenever you are in pod/spirit form. Otherwise, the time-saving aspect of towing is mitigated to some extent. Also, slaves in stasis should hitchhike along if you tow your main ship, in case you tow yourself before manually towing slaves.

I'm not sure if we want to offer the choice to tow to a player not killed in PvP. I suppose for consistency we should, but maybe if you weren't killed in PvP, you should have to pay money, but that's kind of exploitable if you just get your friend to PK you for a free tow.

That's why you make towing cost a little extra cash, up to 50-100mil and scaling with level, maybe.

Also, if you've taken some damage from a player and some from an AI, that would still count as dying in PvP.

If you're DGing with a friend, poke each other if you're about to die and get free tows.

I agree that the idea that people can escape to safe space is a troubling one. What would people think if anyone who PvP's is not allowed into non-PvP space or instances for 5 minutes (or some other duration)? Yes, in the long run, you could ninja someone today and hide in PvE space tomorrow, but if people are after you, that's still a huge portion of the game that will be quite treacherous or unpassable to KOS people.

I'm assuming this only applies outside war conditions, and only to aggressors in PvP?

I think the idea is shaping up, and appreciate that you are listening to player concerns.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:54 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187

I propose PvP be allowed in the boss levels of DGs!

Teh Meo :)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I would say ideally DG's or at least the last level of DG's would be instanced, but that's not really possible right now. I agree it's a problem, though if two of you are fighting over a boss in a non-PvP place, that could get really annoying. I'm willing to posit that the advantages of the change overall would outweigh this negative until we can get to DG instancing. Unless anyone else has a suggestion? PvP on DG level doesn't really work, I don't think, because then you'd just get PKers hiding in the boss level of a DG waiting for people to gank.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next