It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Proposal: Changes to the uni size/shape
andezrhode2a wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
All had at least one gal at one time this uni.

ACHEM

Psionic Corps.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Please put this in, and please tell us soon. It would be nice to know before.. The reset and we are suprised by whats up.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 1846
Class: Engineer

So is it decided to put this in then?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: The SI
Level: 0
Class: None

red395 wrote:
So is it decided to put this in then?
Bluejayez wrote:
Please put this in, and please tell us soon. It would be nice to know before.. The reset and we are suprised by whats up.

We have decided that we will be using this layout for next universe.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Wow. I don't remember the last time a fairly major game change got such a positive response, lol.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

yugioh124 wrote:
Wow. I don't remember the last time a fairly major game change got such a positive response, lol.

i wonder what that says about the game changes made recently.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Cpt Lunarion
Level: 1801

O.o SG was noticed!
/warm and fuzzy

Anyway, moving on. I think chaosking had a great idea that might've went unnoticed- draw on X on the current map and remove all connectors along that X so that smaller teams (-points to self-) have a slightly better chance of survival.

Another point: I havent checked myself yet, but if there are no DF400 gals in peri space.. what's the point? O.o And not enough DF300 gals in buildable space.. Probably would cause fights. -is just parroting things-

My own idea was this: One guy said to make a new layer where only teams with less than a score of 200 could build.. That sounds a little restrictive to me, and may encourage weaker teams to stagnate so that they stay safe. How about this instead- Make a new level of buildable space that goes to DF350, and make DF350 gals buildable if your team has a score of over say 300 or 400, and raise the quality of planets only SLIGHTLY. (I'm thinking adding 1 planet to each gal, and increase asteroid rings.) That way, big teams get their fix of feeling all righteous and better-than-thou, and will get their own preferred space area to build in. This would also encourage slightly stagnating teams to push harder to break that cap so that they get a chance to build there, too. Then the smaller teams themselves (-points to self again-) would have less fear of building in lower DF gals because the teams that could crush them probably moved on to bigger and better things. You'd also end up with some ungodly territory wars in that area of preferred space... Would be awesome to watch, imo.

Neglecting that... Lower the DF for wild space so there are more W2 gals, pl0x.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UFO
Main: badaboom
Level: 1925

Btw you missed Red Dawn, we had 3 gals for the first like week before FD attacked and RF took 2 =P. + Death Eternal had 1 or 2 gals.

Visorak wrote:
PvB uber.

Thanks. :D

This post was edited a total of 1,000,000,000 times.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20

Leave EF space as it is, theres no need for it to be bigger if no1 will be able to build there.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

Arkainon wrote:
blah blah change stuff so smaller teams have an even easier time blah blah...

I don't think you quite grasp how the current changes will give small teams a MUCH better chance over the current system. Since all the big teams have realized this already, I'll go ahead and share this with the little people: the random generation of the wild space sector will create pockets of galaxies that will be easily defensible, because the connections (or lack thereof) reduce the number of entry points to a region down to 2-5, a very simple number to fortify for smaller/newer teams. These bits of the universe would be ideal places for small teams to take refuge, just be careful not to tangle with a big team over them :-P On the current test wildspace map I identified such pockets of up to 25 galaxies isolated by 5 defensible points, and its reasonable to assume that these will appear in the live universe on saturday. One key point to understand here is these arent crappy gals in w1/2... these are df250-300, on the edge, which means they are RICH and smaller teams should try to take advantage of them.

tl;dr: blah blah tips for smaller teams blah blah

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

syberian wrote:
Leave EF space as it is, theres no need for it to be bigger if no1 will be able to build there.

the idea behind the bigger EF space is a pvp free PvE zone for those who wish to avoid the pvp, while still including a complete crossection of the AI. I think its a great idea.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

I don't think you guys realize how much of a huge gap there is between the top 4 and maybe 5 teams between everyone else. Sure every team has maybe like a few really good alts but these top 4-5 teams dominate everyone else and could easily pvb the rest of SS's smaller/weaker teams. These ungodly territory wars you guys are fascinating over will not happen and most people don't have the time nor feel like spending the money that they easily make back in colonies on bvb so sure the new uni shape is nice and hopefully lead to teams able to gain some ground but its also under the impression they can easily lose it as well.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 am

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20

Zekk wrote:
syberian wrote:

the idea behind the bigger EF space is a pvp free PvE zone for those who wish to avoid the pvp, while still including a complete crossection of the AI. I think its a great idea.

leveling area? can be

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942

i read nothing but original post and i like itso whatevs, looks good on test too. i love when admins do nice things for us. im seriously considering buying you guys a box of cookies and shipping it to america, GJ.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Go admins!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next