It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Proposal: Changes to the uni size/shape
Mofouler87 wrote:
I don't think you guys realize how much of a huge gap there is between the top 4 and maybe 5 teams between everyone else. Sure every team has maybe like a few really good alts but these top 4-5 teams dominate everyone else and could easily pvb the rest of SS's smaller/weaker teams.

I think I do understand, which is why I'm excited about this change. In general, the large teams have something like a Code, by which I mean more like guidelines... But anyways, most large teams don't really want to screw over the smaller teams as long as it doesn't prohibitively impinge upon their space requirements, its in the Code that big teams don't attack small teams for no reason. Resources is a reason but not usually a good enough reason.

IFF smaller teams don't go and do something stupid like foster another Flaming Demon, they won't get their asses handed to them and will be able to maintain their borders.

I think I can speak for the respectable players of the high end when I say we'd like to have more high end teams and players out there and letting small teams get a foothold in wild space works towards that goal. Now that's a fairly small subsection of SS that I can speak for, and for their ruthlessness and boredom anyone on SP is excluded, but for the most part i think small teams should have a better time next uni than they historically have.

tl;dr: small teams will survive in wild space as long as they don't piss off SP or crowd the others.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

I would agree with you kyp if pissing off someone on Sp was something relatively hard. But in some cases all people have to disagree with someone and then someone is bored so they decide lets war this busta....and so destruction of said team follows. And Not just Sp but anyone is prone to these random fits of self dominance or the need to dominate someone else. Its human nature and shows itself a lot in this game.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

I've yet to be on the receiving end of SP's wrath and I tend to be oblivious to the team politics but I suspect that, despite everything, small teams will have a better chance of getting Tier 3 commods this uni than ever before.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

I still love the extra space, but an annoying side effect is that the map now takes ages to load. Is there anything that can be done to speed that up? Whenever I alt, it takes over a minute before I can go anywhere.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Team: None
Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 964
Class: Fleet Commander

It would be a little bit better if it loaded adjacent galaxies first and branches off from there, as well as loading randoms.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I suppose we'll have to have another look at how the gal map caching works eventually.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I've added some rough sorting to the order that the gals come in from the server, which should help this a bit. It shoves the unmappable ones to the back and gives lower priority to gals in a different layer than you. So you should be able to start AP'ing immediately to somewhere nearby as soon as you log in or alt.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

For some reason map stutter for me when I click on gal in earth space.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:16 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9