It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:15 am

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1371
Class: Gunner

Location: State College, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Re: Star Sonata 2 Nexus
shawn_mccall wrote:
Will we be able to do these missions on our high leveled characters? Doing missions for level 7s is extremely fun at level 2k.

Of course you can. You can head to Earthforce Outpost if you'd like to do the Cadet Missions or to Volcom Testing Grounds if you'd like to try out the pirate missions. They are mutually exclusive though -- keep that in mind.

Calypso
DarthFirebert wrote:
EDIT:
On a more technical note, do you use a full/test version of the client to test things like this out, or some sort of prototyper/viewer like the ship viewer app-thingy?

I build my own test client and server and use that to test everything -- that way I know exactly how it looks in game!

Calypso

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
I don't suppose there would be a way to program a single-galaxy prototyper would there? It would be a nice tool to just test the layout for new custom galaxies quickly by placing planets and stars in certain orbits with particle effects too. Once a galaxy s made, the code for it could be pasted into the game proper or something. I'd code something like that myself, but have no idea where to begin. :P

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:00 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763

What about the mission item required for sing break construction? Is that left in?

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

What about Captain Ahab and Rattie Moe? Are they still there?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Location: State College, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
A few new screenshots from the Nexus!

First, a debris field!
Attachment:
debrisfield.png

Next, the Fly Dungeon has gotten a brand new look!
Attachment:
flytimes.png

And finally ... PINK SPACE RATS?!
Attachment:
pinkrats.png

Calypso

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Today I have two more new screenshots from the Nexus!

First is the Mutara Gap, a spacial anomaly eating away at the gaseous Mutara Nebula.
Attachment:
mutaragap.png

And second is a METAL SPACE RAT -- also know as Rattie Moe, the Cyborg-Rat Terror of Space.
Attachment:
metalrats.png

Enjoy!

Calypso

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 3061
Class: Shield Monkey

uber rats

uber minecraft..

+1 Internets

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Looks nice, but the content is what will make or break C2 Nexus. Any sweet improvements on that?

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 pm

anilv wrote:
Looks nice, but the content is what will make or break C2 Nexus. Any sweet improvements on that?

That's one of the main reasons I was asked to retool the Nexus! It's very easy to see that the current Nexus is filled with mission bloat and it's pretty stale.

So I've been taking full advantage of all the new features added since I first helped create the Nexus -- as well as adding new features to help create a much more immersive environment for newer players to experience the game in.

That paragraph sounds nice, but I'm sure you're wondering what exactly I've done.

To start, most of the AI spawned in Nexus 2 use Boss Spawners. This allows me to give them unique behavior as well as shouts to make the fights players have to do for missions much more entertaining. For example, partway through the Pirate side of the Nexus players have to kill a mole exposed in the Volcom pirate gang. Midway through the fight, the mole changes from his original ship and gear set (one of a Volcom) to one of a Cadet. It may not sound that exciting but it morphs the fight into an entirely different -- and decidedly harder -- fight.

Second, missions have gotten a ton of new features. I've added level requirements for mission completion, mission that can only be found if you're working on another mission as well as meta-missions, or missions that once started require other missions to be completed! We're also working on scanning mission requirements (ship and planets) as well as 'go to this galaxy and explore this location there' mission requirements.

Both these things (as well as me being more seasoned with content development than when the Nexus was first created) have led to what I believe is a much better Nexus. It's the first thing players will see when we enter beta so I'm hoping players find it as fun and entertaining as I do :)

Calypso

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:45 pm
Profile E-mail

i can see it now...noobs fighting a volcom, then a cadet takes its place and they dont know what to do.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail