It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
anilv wrote:
JacktheRipper wrote:
Make it so that if you are killed in PvP, you have 3 options

You can just wait there and continue to die/or pvp.

You can type "/home", which will automatically teleport your spirit to your team's HQ. the team's HQ would have a towing service. That way, if you die and you cant leave, you will lose money instead of time.

You can type "/protect" which will teleport your spirit to Sol so you can tow your ship. Which means you lose money instead of time.

Kind of, but the second two options would still have a potentially hefty time cost of returning to whatever content you were doing when you were pirated, not to mention regearing any slaves that were killed (and how would your suggestion deal with slaves, anyway?).

well, obviously if your slaves died you would have the option to tow them either in Sol or your HQ.

Neba, this is not to easy to get away, considering it costs 1b to tow a shm, a endgame player would lose around 1.1bil (if he loses a GG20). Sure, it would be easy, but making that 1.1b back is not so easy.

For a low level player, a tow from DF40 to sol might cost like 10mil? which isnt too much of a cost but would ensure the newbs safety.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
JacktheRipper wrote:
anilv wrote:
JacktheRipper wrote:
Make it so that if you are killed in PvP, you have 3 options

You can just wait there and continue to die/or pvp.

You can type "/home", which will automatically teleport your spirit to your team's HQ. the team's HQ would have a towing service. That way, if you die and you cant leave, you will lose money instead of time.

You can type "/protect" which will teleport your spirit to Sol so you can tow your ship. Which means you lose money instead of time.

Kind of, but the second two options would still have a potentially hefty time cost of returning to whatever content you were doing when you were pirated, not to mention regearing any slaves that were killed (and how would your suggestion deal with slaves, anyway?).

well, obviously if your slaves died you would have the option to tow them either in Sol or your HQ.

Neba, this is not to easy to get away, considering it costs 1b to tow a shm, a endgame player would lose around 1.1bil (if he loses a GG20). Sure, it would be easy, but making that 1.1b back is not so easy.

For a low level player, a tow from DF40 to sol might cost like 10mil? which isnt too much of a cost but would ensure the newbs safety.

This is incorrect, towing is not an option.

I remember being a new player in my EFBC. I was killed by a squad of people very close to sol (easily within 10 jumps) and the tow cost was a full billion credits... For me. Each of my slaves was roughly the same.

Many new players use capital ships, these billion+ tow costs from short distances are insane; quite often costing more than the player's SHIP is worth.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11