It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
Neba wrote:
stuff...

All that was necessary in order to point out that camping didn't do anything was.

Neba wrote:
Klestiko wrote:
I've never heard of anyone rage quitting due to a pirate, ever.

Definatly not corpse camping

The bit where you whine about NS being dissolved because of the cancerous mass that it had become, is the part where you whine.

As far as dissolving teams goes, you're kind of the pot calling the kettle black here.

"boohoo poor NS being dissolved by the big nasty SP"

Or do you not remember when ymai was busy sucking up to SP and decided to dissolve Evo? Lz, Spartan112, Sybir amongst other people all left (some of whom are now back) because of that.

So frankly anyone lamenting NS as some bullied victim who would never think of attacking a completely uninvolved team.

Hell Evo didn't even have resources NS wanted as in the NS vs SP situation, NS just thought hey our [defensive] allies are attacking this small team, lets get in on it.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

So Neba's never heard of anyone quitting due to the sort of griefing this topic refers to. How many support tickets have you reviewed, may I ask? Might want to check your facts with Jeff and Voom, who incidentally are spearheading the suggestion this topic is based on.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Thank you for proving my point.
Some people...

You say so yourself, people leave cause of people dissolving teams, be it my team, your team, whoever, it doesnt really matter
but your being so narrow minded that this is a cryfest by me when Im only pointing out the facts
I never said NS was a bullied victim, or that what SP did was wrong or unjustified, or that we didnt kick some people out of the game on our own
you are doing what is known as an implication, and its hazing your vision on what Im actually trying to get at

The problem with griefing as jeff says players leaving, yet more people leave due to political annihilations then anything
I only state this to point out the fallacies having a griefing rule presents

Im simply saying that having this rule implemented should only protect players below a certain range
but dee dee dee, your prolly gonna post that Im just bitching without reading anything I say
even though in your last post you gave support to what Ive been saying all along

which leads me to believe that once again your not gonna read a single word of this.

Last edited by Neba on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail

In addition, it is far easier to keep existing costumers then to attain new ones
this is a well known fact in the business world.

Someone who has played the game for an extended period of time is far more likely to keep shelling out membership fees then some F2P who just picked the game up.

Hence, if team a team dissolves, it will be far more costly when old people leave then the potential gains made by new costomers

JeffL wrote:
We do get a small but constant complaints from mostly low-mid level players saying that they simply can't play the game because someone will follow them around and keep killing them whenever they get into their ship. I think this is pretty clearly griefing.

^ first page
which is why this system should only be applied to new/lower leveled characters
or there should be equally strict rules placed on BvB to counteract loss.

I however dont want to see more rules put on BvB because its fine how it is. The griefing system however should only be used to protect new costomers.

Fear my economical knowledge!

jeff I hope you read my posts, as they are logical and have the games best intentions in min

Last edited by Neba on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Here's a way to preven camping and griefing while also ENCOURAGING pvp and actually increasing the fun of the game, rather than just adding more limitations:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45747

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:18 am

Team: TorchWood
Main: Tallon
Level: 2653
Class: Berserker

How about making tows in non player owned galaxies free?

Tallon

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile E-mail

bump
cuz I think the grief rule is BS once you reach a certain level
and considering established costomers are more likely to pay monthly dues, I dont believe that higher ups should be perma banned for crap like this either

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 am
Profile E-mail

Allowing shms to sit in protected gals afk healing the pirate needs to be stopped imo.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Solution for AFK shms is to make it so no weapons can be fired in Protected space.

Issue is that they can just find an out of the way DG and sit in there to afk heal. or an ai base in w1. won't stop that issue at all :P

Teh Meo :)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

100% trans resist aura from cops, full pvp range in dgs.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

The problem with protected space is it's in a sort of limbo, you can't really kill people but you can't really protect yourself.

I'd prefer it if there was a 15 second timer before you get protection in protected space which is reset back up to 15 seconds every time you deal or receive damage.

That way protected space isn't almost guaranteed safety as it is atm, but people are still protected.

people's thoughts? 15 seconds is just a random number, it seemed small enough so as not to make people too big a target, but enough time to hunt down an SD that just warped in, plus once you find him so long as he's in range it's pew pew time.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Please Read

make it so you can only use those amazing weapons with a certain level of infamy,
with your suggested infamy lowering rate, it would make established players less likely to cheat the system

v v v I dont like that version as much as this because established teams could just go on a war path v v v

make the high infamy weapons have a half life just like commodities and just be purchasable from certain AI bases, or be exchanged for GG
maybe give GG a tag when it drops and who dropped it, and you can only exchange 2 max of the same persons GG over a certain period of time, this would mean youd HAVE to get gg from other players
since you cant use the same 2 gg tags more then twice, such a system wouldnt encourage camping(I.E. Lowered Griefing)

The higher level weapons would making killing easier so I would reccomend making gg cheaper, and since pirates make low income as apposed to legit team players it would balence the grief pirating would cause, and since gearglue is cheaper, people will be more likely and able to carry more gearglue

if people get camped its sort of their own problem if they drop gear because of the lowered GG price balance and the already enabled systems to prevent GG loss

super balenced, nice and pretty, everyone wins
cuz the GG is cheaper, and the weapons arnt permanent (:
and no one has to shell out 25b which is an ungodly amount for pirates

Last edited by Neba on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail

ELITE wrote:
Solution for AFK shms is to make it so no weapons can be fired in Protected space.

Issue is that they can just find an out of the way DG and sit in there to afk heal. or an ai base in w1. won't stop that issue at all :P

But in both of these locations the shm can be hunted down and killed. There is a risk involved.

Atm with the shm sitting in protected space you cant kill the shm. The pirate never needs to check the shm.. just fly back get healed and return.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: brindlebull
Level: 2570

trevor54 wrote:
There are tons of respectable teams out there. Go join one.

Actually, the top 8 teams are pretty much completely full due to all the smaller teams being killed off by stronger alliances.

I do not agree with the implementation that was suggested. This will cause SS to become more boring if there is no risk involved. The only problem people are talking about is how it is a waste of time being in stasis.

Tbh griefing does not seem like an issue above level 1000. By that time everyone should know what dangers come from what they do. And there really isn't any pirates in the game anyways. less than a handful of them. Cant think of any more than 2 that are active.

getting slaughtered by an enemy team and losing all your gals when you stand no chance is much more like griefing than getting killed twice and losing no GG, 1, or 2. There is no loss from getting PKed besides time.

Implement something else that is not at drastic.
I cant think of anything that would work without flaw, but maybe like a ransom where you can not engage in pvp activity for a high cost, and for some, time may be worth more than the money required. Maybe some sort of transaction with the pvper and the pvp'd.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Make it so if you die you automatically respawn in sol, and make it so you have a 5 minute timer after leaving protected space in which no one can shoot you.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next