It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Warp from Anatolia to Perilous?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm
Yes 49%  49%  [ 49 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 50 ]
Total votes : 99

over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Warp from Anatolia to Perilous?
Attaining Emp should be about the determination, teamwork, and trust of the parties involved in getting their Emperor to Sol...Not who can throw the most bases in the way.

I'll see what I can whip up as a suggestion to the problem.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:03 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Teamwork and determination only go so far. After a certain point, it ceases being teamwork and just becomes addiction/you are dead, yet continue to play ss to spite reality.

Better be a damn good idea.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:12 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Though this will rather obviously seem biased, w/e.

I've never been a fan of fixing problems in a way that fucks with people's in-game investments. Non-critical stat adjustments on items that are used by many people are a good example, as well as things like adding the shortcut to Lyceum after someone (Traders, iirc?) took the gal outside it, at significant expense to themselves, to block a warred team. It should be changed at the uni reset, when it won't affect anyone. Changing it midway through, after we've fortified all around it and organized ourselves for the current layout, just because a few people whine about it is rather stupid imo. There will always be complainers, but you shouldn't harm others to make them happy.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:57 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
I'm not pointing any fingers...

But you guys do see that Sol is 5 j away, right?
2 jumps through YOUR galaxies, a juxta, then EF sanct, then Sol.

People basically do not have a chance of getting to you.

I say yes to the link through perilous.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

I thought the crown ship couldn't go through juxtas. Even then...it's 10j to sol...unless Zephyr or Traders aggroes gals...and even then...SP will have a repeat performance. Thats the main problem with standing up to EF or SP taking emp. SP can go toe to toe with virtually any teams' gals with just players. Thats damn scary.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:20 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

basebot wrote:
I'm not pointing any fingers...

But you guys do see that Sol is 5 j away, right?
2 jumps through YOUR galaxies, a juxta, then EF sanct, then Sol.

People basically do not have a chance of getting to you.

I say yes to the link through perilous.

Cant go through a Juxta with the palace.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:53 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

To be entirely honest Jeff, the entire system works just about as well as a lead balloon. What you need to do is lock all players out of the palace until you can assign 2-3 Devs to it so its more complex than "Ooh quick guys tractor this ship over here and dock it before anyone sees it." Instead of the joke that emp is now how about you make it something worth doing that takes a lot of time and effort and make it so that the entire system inherently discourages alliances so that the team that takes it actually accomplished something on their own.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:20 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

shawn_mccall wrote:
To be entirely honest Jeff, the entire system works just about as well as a lead balloon. What you need to do is lock all players out of the palace until you can assign 2-3 Devs to it so its more complex than "Ooh quick guys tractor this ship over here and dock it before anyone sees it." Instead of the joke that emp is now how about you make it something worth doing that takes a lot of time and effort and make it so that the entire system inherently discourages alliances so that the team that takes it actually accomplished something on their own.

But it still needs to be FUN.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 am
Profile WWW

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

My proposition:

Move Anatolia to it's own layer past perilous space. If possible, you can only jump into this layer if you are in one of the top 3-5 teams. Anatolia will have 1 base slot. In order to lay a base in Anatolia (which owns immediately once you lay your kit), you must own 4 key galaxies.

4 key galaxies spread throughout wildspace, initially unownable. 1-2 base slots are granted to each of the top 3-5 teams, 5 perma drone slots per team (if possible). The galaxy automatically owns once your team has had a live kit in the galaxy for 72 consecutive hours, and if there are no other kits from any other team in the galaxy. Bases killed in these galaxies blow up like the old system. You must own all 4 key galaxies in order to progress.

If your team drops out of the top 3-5, the kit deteriorates into a destructed state. Kits that fall into this category decay after 12 hours.

I think the actual emp "Run" should stay the same, except you have to make it from the new layer, which is past perilous. Obviously open to heavy modifications, but i think it's a good start for a change.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:42 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
My proposition:

Move Anatolia to it's own layer past perilous space. If possible, you can only jump into this layer if you are in one of the top 3-5 teams. Anatolia will have 1 base slot. In order to lay a base in Anatolia (which owns immediately once you lay your kit), you must own 4 key galaxies.

4 key galaxies spread throughout wildspace, initially unownable. 1-2 base slots are granted to each of the top 3-5 teams, 5 perma drone slots per team (if possible). The galaxy automatically owns once your team has had a live kit in the galaxy for 72 consecutive hours, and if there are no other kits from any other team in the galaxy. Bases killed in these galaxies blow up like the old system. You must own all 4 key galaxies in order to progress.

If your team drops out of the top 3-5, the kit deteriorates into a destructed state. Kits that fall into this category decay after 12 hours.

I think the actual emp "Run" should stay the same, except you have to make it from the new layer, which is past perilous. Obviously open to heavy modifications, but i think it's a good start for a change.

I like that idea... But if you have them 4 galaxies, it could be years between runs, because they just aren't in suitable locations.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:44 am
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:
I like that idea... But if you have them 4 galaxies, it could be years between runs, because they just aren't in suitable locations.

Sorry, the key galaxies inherently have slots available for the top 3-5 teams, you don't have to own adjacent galaxies.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:48 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:

Sorry, the key galaxies inherently have slots available for the top 3-5 teams, you don't have to own adjacent galaxies.

So they'd be exempt from that rule... But, if there are 4 of them, chances are one of the teams will be next to it, which means they can BvB it right?

JeffL wrote:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:
So they'd be exempt from that rule... But, if there are 4 of them, chances are one of the teams will be next to it, which means they can BvB it right?

Biggee wrote:
4 key galaxies spread throughout wildspace, initially unownable. 1-2 base slots are granted to each of the top 3-5 teams

Only to to the top 3-5 teams

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:

Biggee wrote:
4 key galaxies spread throughout wildspace, initially unownable. 1-2 base slots are granted to each of the top 3-5 teams

I know that... But what I am saying, is there could be one in the middle of DM space, and one in the middle of EF space... You follow?

JeffL wrote:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:26 am
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:

Biggee wrote:

I know that... But what I am saying, is there could be one in the middle of DM space, and one in the middle of EF space... You follow?

You can't fly through other peoples' galaxies? After all, running for emp is a contest. If it was ez mode and you never had to worry about losing gg, it wouldn't be worthy to call it an Emperor's Run.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:57 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next