It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Re: limbo command for the next uni
Asmodeaan wrote:
make it for the first hour that character (not account) has logged into the uni. some alts i don't "dock" until 5 days later. and i still make mistakes >.>

That's what I wanted to do, but it turns out we don't track when the player joined the current universe, and I didn't feel like it was worth adding parameters to the DB just for this.

shawn_mccall wrote:
Why not just add a confirmation window when unlimboing all your ships. That way whenever someone docks with any ships in limbo they get a choice to dock them all there or not, that way you can dock in sol and by a few GG if you forgot to before reset and you don't have to worry about missing the alotted time for this actually working.

I thought about this, but then I didn't do it because they would drive me insane as a dev who docks his ships in a new universe 20 times a day on my local server. =) But maybe I could just #define it out for localservers and leave it only on the live server, or else not give the yes/no box for admins and then it would be OK with me.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
Asmodeaan wrote:
make it for the first hour that character (not account) has logged into the uni. some alts i don't "dock" until 5 days later. and i still make mistakes >.>

That's what I wanted to do, but it turns out we don't track when the player joined the current universe, and I didn't feel like it was worth adding parameters to the DB just for this.

shawn_mccall wrote:
Why not just add a confirmation window when unlimboing all your ships. That way whenever someone docks with any ships in limbo they get a choice to dock them all there or not, that way you can dock in sol and by a few GG if you forgot to before reset and you don't have to worry about missing the alotted time for this actually working.

I thought about this, but then I didn't do it because they would drive me insane as a dev who docks his ships in a new universe 20 times a day on my local server. =) But maybe I could just #define it out for localservers and leave it only on the live server, or else not give the yes/no box for admins and then it would be OK with me.

Make a "Never Display again" tick box?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Thought it over for a while and came up with this: instead of giving us a command to unlock our ships, how about put a button in the ships tab that docks all ships after reset. That way docking them is a conscious decision therefore all mistakes are player error, or put in the button and command and make sure an admin never again has to limbo lol.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail