It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:31 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Absentis
The Voomy One wrote:
I did not have the ability to beef the class so instead I made a ship that beefed the class.

A beef still went in though, Sniper has waited ages for it. I doubt they would have minded waiting a little extra and not wasting the money.
The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Not to mention Sniper still needs a small nerf anyway.

If you're going to cry this much about a small nerf to a ship Im guessing you will actually fall down and die if we nerf the class....

I'm not crying at all. I'm on top here. I have a Sniper, but never made the Absentis.

My issue is that this move is pure dumbarsery and illogical, it's a great way to piss people off.

It's silly to try and beef a class by making a ship, to then get the class itself beefed too much, to then nerf the ship and then the class...

Really, why do you even bother? You're just creating more work for yourself. No wonder C2 is still in the alpha stages, and still no one with spaces in their names can log on.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile WWW

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

Dr Ingelbert wrote:

Absentis:
Laser 50%, Energy 50%, Heat 50%, Physical 50%, Radiation 50%, Surg 0%, Min 50%

This will be removed: 20% to Shield + Recharge, Energy + Recharge, Dam, Range, Tracking, -10% Elec Tamp

vis 8 hull 800 speed 89 wep slots 3

Absconditus:
L 70%, E 25%, H 20%, P 30%, R 70%, S 0%, M 70% No Inbuilt stats hull 600, speed 100 wep slots 3

The Absconditus is a superior ship now. Congrats.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

:lol:

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

Complete overreaction to bitching by forum trolls.

This e><plains it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avTfiRccYIA&feature=related

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

I have already augged my absentis around the inbuilt bonuses, especially the elec. With the loss of that, my entire setup is fucked. This is typical admin overreaction. If you had properly tested everything first, instead of rushing ahead to release it then going OMGNERF when people started soloing shit with it, there would be no problem. Now, you nerf the ship to where it's weaker than juju, costing me and many other people dozens of bils. I don't mind balancing the class, but could you make sure you get it right the first time, instead of costing us all time and credits every time you decide it isn't perfect?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Main: bradDM
Level: 2291
Class: Berserker

sooo Sniper is being rode by a midget?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Apparently, voomy doesnt give a shit.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Its a nice credit sink?

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Profile E-mail

Main: bradDM
Level: 2291

So if this goes thru and its ends up worse then it was before thats about 80b of mine gone..

Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dirt Deep Hype
Level: 2167

Atleast give it another weapon slot to compensate for the loss of inbuilt stats :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Mouse
Level: 1845
Class: Engineer

i say take the stats to 5% or just leave it with range tracking elec temp at 10%

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Voomy I was one of the people agreeing that a nerf needed to happen and even suggested to Snipers to come to the admins with ways to do it but this is far to extreme an d doesn't even adress the problem.

The ship is not the problem, analysis is. As long as analysis retains the current stats Sniper will be broken. All it means is that all the snipers that actually tried to excel at their class legitamitely(half the people bitching went sniper after the last patch) will be punished. So how about instead of puni8shing people like Doman, Cygnus, Beelze, etc... you punish the people who went sniper specifically because of the beef by getting with Jeff, taking 1/3 of analysis away(it's way too strong as is, and you all were told this before the beef), and lengthen the duration of firing vis with fully charged analysis to double what it is now. That way people who just built Snipers for 10b to solo UZ bosses can't and people who actually poured a ton of their own resources down the drain to be decent don't get lowered to the same lvl as people who just threw together a Juju because of the beef.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: KILL EM ALL 2
Level: 2223

did any one just rofl and die =P. lucky i didnt spend money on that ship. i think since voomy doesnt give a shit he should change the cost on it and refund every one who has made one haha. but really fail/ mega fail for admins gona be alot of pissed of people. I think lowing them to 10% or just taking the +20% damage and shields away.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

This is why I always stay behind the curve... :roll:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: lord blaster
Level: 2473

I only paid about 11b for my Absentis. 9b for plat bars, 2b mission cost and the other commods I think most people have in their storage. To get a Lion it requires a lot more effort than to fly down to an ai base, exchange some commods and then you instantly have a ship. For Lion you need to get a Lion commod which is a rare drop to get or buy for 50b+? Plus you also have to build 3 ada mods which takes time and effort and wait around 2 weeks for the actual Lion Ship build to finish.

SimonV2 wrote:
a lion, if you have all the stuff laying around from drops and extractions costs around 5b if you have all the factories already. mebbe 9b if you have to buy all the factories. The build cost on 10 plat bars is 9b. Absentis takes cash on top of that. Absentis is much more expensive than a lion.

Seriously, what the hell? You just described the Absentis only costs 11b and the Lion 5b...that's only 6b difference and that is not "much more expensive" at all... :lol:

And did you guys seriously not expect the ship to get a nerf? Even before the patch came in, reading the patch notes it screamed either the class or Absentis would have to get nerfed soon. If more of you people actually went onto test and tested these changes before it went live, we wouldn't all be facing this situation.

It's plain stupid how my Sniper which has only existed for a little over 2 days and I was able to pump out 850k physical damage in 5 secs with an aug setup that costs around 3b and a Zebra Hooves Torpedoe*Forceful.

This is a much needed nerf and the Absentis will still remain an excellent ship with good resists and forget that it has a Re-Router Generator. When a Re-Router tweak is combined with Sniper Analysis 100% = insane dps like a zerk+lion maul.

Just shut the fuck up already.

Julian wrote:
if a gust of wind knocks you over in real life are you going to rage quit that to?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next