It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:03 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: None
Main: Doman
Level: 2627
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Absentis
Never fear, I'm sure with all the new Snipers the Admins will realize they have forgotten to create the low vis UZ heavy fighter that the Sniper class has needed for so long. Just as I'm sure that the Admins will realize that its not the stats that give Snipers their abilities. Its the fact that past a certain range some AI just stop caring. They will realize this before they nerf the class back to its original status. I am also confident that since its been brought to light that Zerkers have already done what Snipers are starting to do, but in 1/10 the time, that Zerkers will get another look to bring them down inline with the rest of SS.

O, and if you plan on nerfing the ship. How about nerfing the price. And giving the Absentis mission chain a second mission that refunds alittle of what has been already paid. I'm sure that this suggestion will be taken under careful consideration.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Well I didnt except such a strong reaction because of the beef to the sniper skill.
I also just noticed that the Juju was actually considered a little bit stronger by the balance sheet with the bonuses removed.

So Im going to meet you half way and give it some stats to cleary make it better then Juju and Absconditus. Tracking +10%, Range+10%, Radar+10%, Recovery +10%, Shield +10%, Elec Temp -5%.

Also note that the Absentis has a juicegen of 125 while the Absconditus only has 50. (Juicegen is built in energy recharge).

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

The Voomy One wrote:
Well I didnt except such a strong reaction because of the beef to the sniper skill.
I also just noticed that the Juju was actually considered a little bit stronger by the balance sheet with the bonuses removed.

So Im going to meet you half way and give it some stats to cleary make it better then Juju and Absconditus. Tracking +10%, Range+10%, Radar+10%, Recovery +10%, Shield +10%, Elec Temp -5%.

Also note that the Absentis has a juicegen of 125 while the Absconditus only has 50. (Juicegen is built in energy recharge).

See, now you're still doing the wrong thing. You are giving into the players, because they want to be strong...

Just fix the damn class, and if need be, stop new people obtaining the Absentis, and replace it with another ship.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
The Voomy One wrote:

Time to be a two - faced numbskull...

*Switches to happy mode* YAY VOOMY YAY HAPPYNESS VOOMY FTW! ^.^

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Mouse
Level: 1845
Class: Engineer

Oh and Voomy nerfing it doesn't give into all the players saying nerf. Think of things from both side before you start talking. Since this nerf was gonna happen I'm glad we could be met half way.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

The Voomy One wrote:

Thank you that should help immeasurably to balance the class without hitting the established Snipers too hard.

Gentlemen, we have admin win. Oh and Jeff it's better than nothing so hush or next time we'll get nothing. :P

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:
Thank you that should help immeasurably to balance the class without hitting the established Snipers too hard.

Gentlemen, we have admin win. Oh and Jeff it's better than nothing so hush or next time we'll get nothing. :P

What should I care? I don't even have the ship. Voom said himself that Sniper seemed a bit OP, yet they patched it in anyway.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763

jeff mc beth wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:

What should I care? I don't even have the ship. Voom said himself that Sniper seemed a bit OP, yet they patched it in anyway.

Remember vvhat happened last time you tried to get a snip nerfed that you did not possess?
STFU AND GTFO.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile YIM

rand4505 wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:

Remember vvhat happened last time you tried to get a snip nerfed that you did not possess?
STFU AND GTFO.

I didn't try to get a ship nerfed... And I'm not trying to get one nerfed now.

My point is that the admins just can't do things logically, and fuck the player base about doing it.

JeffL wrote:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Yes but this is at the very least a very good start, really the only problem remaining now is to slightly nerf Analysis. Then we can move onto making zerker not retardedly OP?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:
Yes but this is at the very least a very good start, really the only problem remaining now is to slightly nerf Analysis. Then we can move onto making zerker not retardedly OP?

Remove the RoF... It's silly that a class removes RoF, and has an item/skill that also gives it.

It's like giving Speed Demons range in Speed Demon Class skill, and then removing it in the Dog Fighting subskill.

JeffL wrote:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Administrator

Quote:
Voom said himself that Sniper seemed a bit OP, yet they patched it in anyway.

Im sorry but I am not yet the evil dictator of SS, I do not have the final word. The new stats on the sniper skill and the sniper analysis skill was decided by Jeff. The stats suggested by me was different.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763

@ Jeff Mc Beth found here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40716

rand4505 wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:
rand4505 wrote:
So your the reason my shield monkey Assbehe+ got screwed in that regard.

Lol. XD

I give up on the Zebra Second's Wind argument. XD

Always seemed strange anyway...

As the aura... How can +20% bank for like 10 seconds help at all with healing?

You'd heal me an extra 60k if it effects capships, to then have me loose that bank pretty much instantly again.

Please just stop suggesting things to the devs. You are not considering all situations.

My setup on my was designed for intra-system defense, i.e. DEFENDING MY GALS. With at least one base healer in each gal I have no problem and all defenders have the added protection of more bank. And shields just don't disappear instantly, they slowly tick down, unless I am mistaken cap ships are not affected by this aura, and it wouldn't matter, the second tick would not need a full 60k healing if it did.

STFU GTFO.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile YIM

rand4505 wrote:
@ Jeff Mc Beth
STFU GTFO.

I don't see how that is relative to this?
I still also don't understand how you could use that for defending bases, as the boost is gone pretty quickly again... And soon at the attackers are breaking HPS, it does absolutely nothing to help.

ZSW makes sense, as I can easily see that being doable now. AB aura doesn't still, shields don't have the kind of regen that energies do.

Either way, neither of them points are that relative to the Absentis.

JeffL wrote:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Administrator

And we dont need anymore arguing in the dev notes. The topic has served it's purpose.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next