It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: xDrag0nx
Level: 4462
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: New BvB rules on test and incoming to live
Right I understand where you're coming from bobby about the two boardering teams having to make there gals well defened, How ever as you might of guessed even if admins allow only "two" slots to BvB with the team that is attacking even with "A lot" of players to help with PvB it's still going to end up a huge fail.

Why ? the reason being is PvB with players is stupid due to the fact being that once you start you have 10+ SD's gremming about which causes everyone to fling out and will end up dieing by the mag cannons. Also a gal which is "Pure" StM with 25 StMastery Base's with Station Tweaking 12-18 Along with the lowest StMastery being about 20 and Auged right And on top of that with 30 Drones in a galaxy which if you aug the drones right can either heal all day long and hardly die or you can have some "Huge" ass dps off the right drones. Then at the end of the day even with the two slots avaible then you will still have 1-2 Weeks of BvB going on.

Now on top of that the attackers team only has enough fuel on 1 sing sphere or 2 sing spheres for about 1 week worth of fuel max and even if it lasts 1 week and the attacker loses, then that's a huge lose in base money "aswell" as towing costs for everyone that goes in.

Now i'm not saying it needs to be stupidly easy but for a tech 14 kit to take 1 hour with 5/6 Zerkers with all mining weps on to kill that is abit broken on the Ablatives. Me personally there needs to be something though of so that the defending team isnt able to just drop more stuff and keep it stacking and never win.

Anyway sorry for bad spelling xDrag0nx

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Wait? How'd the fuck did you get 1h? It took NS 20mins with Lincins to blast a T16 base.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Ermmm not 100% sure if it was 1 hour but this was like last uni when we had loads of zerkers shooting a tech 14 kit and it took for ever to kill " this kit had all ambro recovery and more than 100 abs" but anyway just saying that's broken for a tech 9 damp...

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254

*Borg* wrote:
Ermmm not 100% sure if it was 1 hour but this was like last uni when we had loads of zerkers shooting a tech 14 kit and it took for ever to kill " this kit had all ambro recovery and more than 100 abs" but anyway just saying that's broken for a tech 9 damp...

Theres your problem, dont try to break the recovery augged bases first.

I like these changes as they make victory possible for the attackers but not at all certain. Against a very well defended galaxy get the bases placed and they will be the support but you will still need a player squad to break the galaxy.

My standard seige kit: ada t20 kit,
augs: vary but 2ach assault Z, ach range, 3ach dmg
weps: ach laser Z, ada SL, ach pulse, anni cannon, emp ray
shield: armada aegis
energy: ada bank
over loader: alsens
radar: ach radar
items: ada proj field
full sets of ada, lac and tit damps
assorted tweaks
hydros and a weeks worth of nukes

2 of these against 10-12 t16 kits in an NS gal killed the drones but it took a player squad to take down the actual bases; and im ok with that. Progress isnt because they dont have the player numbers to back up their bases.

By the way i use 2 identical kits with a bana kit healer backing them up for the basis of each of my personal galaxies thus i would expect my gal to stand up against a BvB attack and need a large player squad to take down. 10 to 20hrs is the sort of time i would expect a GOOD defense to last and probably gets close to how long was spent building the defense, laying drones, routing slaves and setting up trade bays.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

I think the new rules are uber.

As for armour, it only slows down the base death.

NS managed to kill several SM T16 bases with Lincins. Some were killed T16 bases were killed without all the armour being ablated.

Also when they were attacking a well defended gal they built armour themselves.

What armour does do, is to allow the defenders a short time to react.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

goett wrote:
Zekk wrote:
Theres a link to a really good one on wiki, on the Station Management page under Account Slots heading. at the very end of the section theres a link on the [1] lol. Its an excel spreadsheet which you can use to keep track of your account slots, instructions included.

Also, Kanga: google docs works; if you post it public and to not let anyone edit, then they should be able to just download it and use it. i think...

(one excel sheet, shows available slots on main, alts, and it's savable so i do one of those for each account i have starting off on new universe.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4966230/Account ... or2003.xls

and whoever did that excel sheet it's greatest thing ever.

I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad someone decided to host it on a new site. The freebie site I had hosted it on deleted the file due to not enough downloads, and I had lost my personal copy. I originally made this just to teach myself how to use formulas in excel.

Just a bit of warning: I have found some bugs with the calculator. If you get down to where it says you only have enough account slots left to deploy one low tech base, like a CA booster, you may actually be out of slots. This is due to rounding errors based on the fact that the game uses different rules for rounding in every situation, and I didn't get them all right. Unless you plan to use every single available account slot though, it is a great planning tool.

If anyone here is the person who uploaded it to dropbox, let me know. I'll modify it to allow SM21 and e-mail it to you so you can update the link, or you can just modify it yourself if you know how.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: vipy
Level: 2547

ok what about putting a max limit on ablatives

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

EA need to be nerfed or removed. They are a completely broken aspect of bases and it is obvious. Why make expensive annoying damps when you can pop 500m worth of EA on a base and have it never die? In my limited BvB experience I have noticed that there is almost no point to bringing a healer kit as a decent base with EA does not even need heals, lol. That just seem ridiculous. I have capped/reowned 1 base with EA still left on it and that was because it was getting pummeled by 6 DPS very nice DPS kits for 20 min with no heals and had 0 recovery augs. I believe the shield was also a bubblewrap or something below Anni.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:02 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1876
Class: Speed Demon

Heres a change that I think could help this. How about if you destroy a base and still have assaulting kits, the destroyed bases cannot be docked in or demolished.

Heres how it would work.

Team A and Team B are at war. Team B is defending a gal with 25 bases, Team A invades and starts to attack with 2.

Once Team A kills a base, Team B cannot demolish that base, or even dock in it to clear the gear out, until Team A's bases have been destroyed. Give up to 72-96 hours until the destroyed bases go abandoned. Once they're abandoned, if the assault is still going on, no one can take over the base again until the assault is over.

(Now, Im not too sure on the current rules, but once Team B has an abandoned base and Team A own the galaxy, Team B should not be able to recover the base, but that may be true currently.)

This would alleviate two issues in my opinion.

A. Team B couldnt lay kit after kit to soak up their enemies damage.

B. Team A, if successful, would have about 25 new bases in their possession. As it is, there is too little of a risk in galaxies to lose anything highly valuable, so this would add an incentive to Team B to fight back.

Once the gal is taken, assuming Team B has an adjacent galaxy, Team B would have a limited time frame to attempt to attack back. If they assault their previous gal that is currently owned by Team A in the 72-96 hour abandoned time period, Team A wouldnt be able to take over their abandoned bases.

I hope that was clear enough.

~BD

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 am

as well i reckon leaving the rule as they are is good just add 2 base kit on top but if 2 team have base in same gal in wild space they just be auto aggo to each other. which would stop any one useing the extra 2 slots seem easyest way i think and there wouldnt be any way to exploit it

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I agree with Vipy and Oh tha Tech 14 kit was the last base in the gal out of the 8 that where there which took along to do.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254

BlackDragon wrote:
Heres a change that I think could help this. How about if you destroy a base and still have assaulting kits, the destroyed bases cannot be docked in or demolished.

Heres how it would work.

Team A and Team B are at war. Team B is defending a gal with 25 bases, Team A invades and starts to attack with 2.

Once Team A kills a base, Team B cannot demolish that base, or even dock in it to clear the gear out, until Team A's bases have been destroyed. Give up to 72-96 hours until the destroyed bases go abandoned. Once they're abandoned, if the assault is still going on, no one can take over the base again until the assault is over.

(Now, Im not too sure on the current rules, but once Team B has an abandoned base and Team A own the galaxy, Team B should not be able to recover the base, but that may be true currently.)

This would alleviate two issues in my opinion.

A. Team B couldnt lay kit after kit to soak up their enemies damage.

B. Team A, if successful, would have about 25 new bases in their possession. As it is, there is too little of a risk in galaxies to lose anything highly valuable, so this would add an incentive to Team B to fight back.

Once the gal is taken, assuming Team B has an adjacent galaxy, Team B would have a limited time frame to attempt to attack back. If they assault their previous gal that is currently owned by Team A in the 72-96 hour abandoned time period, Team A wouldnt be able to take over their abandoned bases.

I hope that was clear enough.

~BD

Great idea, i like this one and definitely agree there is to little risk in losing bases.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm

it good but ppl take the game to serious and the amount of gear ppl could lose would upset some ppl and make them quit the game and i beleve it could harm the game instead of helping it

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

RIT_Wolf wrote:
*Borg* wrote:

Theres your problem, dont try to break the recovery augged bases first.

I like these changes as they make victory possible for the attackers but not at all certain. Against a very well defended galaxy get the bases placed and they will be the support but you will still need a player squad to break the galaxy.

My standard seige kit: ada t20 kit,
augs: vary but 2ach assault Z, ach range, 3ach dmg
weps: ach laser Z, ada SL, ach pulse, anni cannon, emp ray
shield: armada aegis
energy: ada bank
over loader: alsens
radar: ach radar
items: ada proj field
full sets of ada, lac and tit damps
assorted tweaks
hydros and a weeks worth of nukes

2 of these against 10-12 t16 kits in an NS gal killed the drones but it took a player squad to take down the actual bases; and im ok with that. Progress isnt because they dont have the player numbers to back up their bases.

By the way i use 2 identical kits with a bana kit healer backing them up for the basis of each of my personal galaxies thus i would expect my gal to stand up against a BvB attack and need a large player squad to take down. 10 to 20hrs is the sort of time i would expect a GOOD defense to last and probably gets close to how long was spent building the defense, laying drones, routing slaves and setting up trade bays.

Your bases are inferior to ours, you have less experience seiging, and NS cannot build for shit. I'll give you a challenge: I will setup a galaxy of 20 kits on test, and I invite the entire playerbase to attack this galaxy, and 2 seige kits can be used at the same time. I will win, every single time.

BvB is supposed to be cost intensive, very hard to pull off, and avoid the swarming tactic alot of teams use. That is why my team is built the way we are. You basically just fucked any small team over that wants to go on the offensive, or even retake lost galaxies. Good fucking job. Just because EF enjoys having 600 average players to work with their minority of skilled players doesn't mean every team should be forced to do so. I'm getting so fucking tired of this carebear game and the biased admins.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Sodomy wrote:
Your bases are inferior to ours, you have less experience seiging, and NS cannot build for shit. I'll give you a challenge: I will setup a galaxy of 20 kits on test, and I invite the entire playerbase to attack this galaxy, and 2 seige kits can be used at the same time. I will win, every single time.

BvB is supposed to be cost intensive, very hard to pull off, and avoid the swarming tactic alot of teams use. That is why my team is built the way we are. You basically just fucked any small team over that wants to go on the offensive, or even retake lost galaxies. Good fucking job. Just because EF enjoys having 600 average players to work with their minority of skilled players doesn't mean every team should be forced to do so. I'm getting so fucking tired of this carebear game and the biased admins.

I 100% agree with you Sodomy I personaly have hardly No idea about building base's which is why I personaly only Build StM kit's How ever when I build I put a lot of money into it In my opinion if your going to base build, then you should not be cheap and use low tech augs, Use top end augs.

I also agree with not having enough players just to swarm a galaxy. Also the amrbo kit was just an example of how broken they are on low tech kits.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:25 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next