It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254
Class: Berserker

Post Re: New BvB rules on test and incoming to live
Sodomy wrote:
Your bases are inferior to ours, you have less experience seiging, and NS cannot build for shit. I'll give you a challenge: I will setup a galaxy of 20 kits on test, and I invite the entire playerbase to attack this galaxy, and 2 seige kits can be used at the same time. I will win, every single time.

BvB is supposed to be cost intensive, very hard to pull off, and avoid the swarming tactic alot of teams use. That is why my team is built the way we are. You basically just fucked any small team over that wants to go on the offensive, or even retake lost galaxies. Good fucking job. Just because EF enjoys having 600 average players to work with their minority of skilled players doesn't mean every team should be forced to do so. I'm getting so fucking tired of this carebear game and the biased admins.

No galaxy with 20well built, well planned out defense bases should fall, unless the attackers want to tractor out kits 1 by 1, its unreasonable to think anybody should be able to kill that galaxy. If the defenders spend the time, there will be galaxys that would take days to kill and no attacking team will spend the time to do that. I invite you to bvb our HQ gal that has 8 t20 ada dps bases and 3 teched up bana healers, you wont beat that with 2attacking bases no matter how good you seem to think they are.

We all saw how successful your "superior" seige kits did against the t16 and t18 kits that PC used to kill yours. My argument is that any galaxy attack should NEED to have player ships in the fighting and more than just a few tractor ships going back and forth. You want the admins to put in place rules that make up for the weaknesses of your team instead of looking at new methods to achieve your goals.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:27 am

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: xDrag0nx
Level: 4462
Class: Shield Monkey

Quote:
I invite you to bvb our HQ gal that has 8 t20 ada dps bases and 3 teched up bana healers, you wont beat that with 2attacking bases no matter how good you seem to think they are.

You said, You're HQ gal has that much DPS and that much HPS then surely some gals are "NOT" kill able with the 2 kits you have said to use... "Even" with a player based attack due to tractor shrimps along with SD's that will grem and pull each individual player into the base's pulse = "Dead" attack...

But if you're going to put you're galaxy next to the attackers team then Obv you're going to make you're galaxies like that. Just saying...

xDrag0nx

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Don't need to BvB the EF HQ. Blasting every other galaxy around the HQ is just as good. Which is the point I'm making.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:29 am

*Borg* wrote:
Quote:
I invite you to bvb our HQ gal that has 8 t20 ada dps bases and 3 teched up bana healers, you wont beat that with 2attacking bases no matter how good you seem to think they are.

You said, You're HQ gal has that much DPS and that much HPS then surely some gals are "NOT" kill able with the 2 kits you have said to use... "Even" with a player based attack due to tractor shrimps along with SD's that will grem and pull each individual player into the base's pulse = "Dead" attack...

But if you're going to put you're galaxy next to the attackers team then Obv you're going to make you're galaxies like that. Just saying...

xDrag0nx

I agree with you, Sodomy wants to have his two bases beat all of my defenders and that isnt going to happen, but it would be possible with a combined base AND player assault but it would take days if not a week to accomplish and no team is willing to spend that amount of time on one galaxy, I know I am not. There is a difference between possible and feasible that people are ignoring, these new rules make a lot more things possible but players and teams have to be willing to accept the costs(not just credits but time and effort) of taking advantage of the new opportunities.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142
Class: Engineer

RIT_Wolf wrote:
I agree with you, Sodomy wants to have his two bases beat all of my defenders and that isnt going to happen, but it would be possible with a combined base AND player assault but it would take days if not a week to accomplish and no team is willing to spend that amount of time on one galaxy, I know I am not. There is a difference between possible and feasible that people are ignoring, these new rules make a lot more things possible but players and teams have to be willing to accept the costs(not just credits but time and effort) of taking advantage of the new opportunities.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. Right now, on live, you cannot even attempt to BvB a gal that has 25 live bases in it, whether you border it or not. On test, with the new system, you can attempt to. It probably isn't a good idea, but that is not the point. Is it perfectly balanced on test atm? No. Is there an easy solution to make it so? Probably not. (Balanced does not necessarily mean easier for the attacker)

Here's what I did see happen (on test):

TW attacked LC in 2 gals. In each case, their attacking bases pretty much survived as long as players stuck around to keep them from being tractored too close to the defenders. Several defending bases died in the attack. So, they did not kill the galaxy, but they caused some damage. In the end, their bases died, sitting in a still enemy owned gal, so there is potential loss off the gear, but that is not yet decided. To me, this seem like how it should work. The BvB caused some damage, perhaps with a ton of players in there, more could be caused. If LC was slow to repair, a new or continued assault could cause more damage. If LC does repair and reinforce, then it may be an uphill climb for TW for a long time. I would be ok with that scenario, even if I was not their enemy.

The argument that people would be unwilling to risk their best gear to BvB when the chance that they will win is so low doesn't really work for me as that is the kind of decision we make all the time - will the benefit outweigh the risk? Hmmm. There is a reasonable course of action to take if one feels that the risk is greater than the possible reward.

As others have stated, there are many variables involved that can sway a battle. Keep an eye out for the ones that favor your side, and jump on them if you think the time is right. If you spend a huge amount of time and potentially lose your uber ada-armada-mega-blasta-shoota base gear in the process, that is the risk. If you kill their gal or make them lose a gal, some uber gear or lots of creds, that is your reward.

Good luck and let's all be careful out there.

Bobby Bobbs

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:20 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Can we have it so repairing bases DON'T bring them back to full shields, or prevent the server from "Ghost Regening" the bases?

Ghost Regen is regen you can't see or measure, but still happens. Kill a base, leave the base alone for 10 minutes, then repair the base. The base now has a lot of shields to work with, and is a new and active enemy target.

The attackers are also stuck with the 2 bases per galaxy rule. The defenders have almost an unlimited amount of ada bases to go through if you think about the average LC defense gal.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

When you repair a base, it should have more than 0 shields, otherwise it could just get 1-shot. Maybe it should have 15% of max when you repair it?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Can we have it so repairing bases DON'T bring them back to full shields, or prevent the server from "Ghost Regening" the bases?

Ghost Regen is regen you can't see or measure, but still happens. Kill a base, leave the base alone for 10 minutes, then repair the base. The base now has a lot of shields to work with, and is a new and active enemy target.

The attackers are also stuck with the 2 bases per galaxy rule. The defenders have almost an unlimited amount of ada bases to go through if you think about the average LC defense gal.

Repaired bases should have 0 shields at the moment they become a full base again if you ask me. That would make it a challenge, but not impossible, to repair during a fight. Perhaps a base repair should take time? Maybe you use the repair kit and it takes 10 mins? or an hour? or a day? whatever, to make the base whole again.

For every item that drops and is not scooped by the owning team, there is a cost. Ada items have a fairly hefty price tag that can add up in losses when enough fall off.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

JeffL wrote:
When you repair a base, it should have more than 0 shields, otherwise it could just get 1-shot. Maybe it should have 15% of max when you repair it?

Maybe 15% of max, but 0 regen for 10 seconds.
Can't be 1shot, but gives attackers a chance.
500k-750k shields to flatten in 10 seconds, including the resists/EAs.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail

sleepysnagrund wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Repaired bases should have 0 shields at the moment they become a full base again if you ask me. That would make it a challenge, but not impossible, to repair during a fight. Perhaps a base repair should take time? Maybe you use the repair kit and it takes 10 mins? or an hour? or a day? whatever, to make the base whole again.

For every item that drops and is not scooped by the owning team, there is a cost. Ada items have a fairly hefty price tag that can add up in losses when enough fall off.

Yet 90% of the items on a base don't drop, and 90% of bases aren't ada bases.

JeffL wrote:

The problem here is defenders can deploy and repair much faster than attackers can kill. So once again it just because stupidly difficult/impossible so long as theres a defender there.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157

RIT_Wolf wrote:
*Borg* wrote:
Ermmm not 100% sure if it was 1 hour but this was like last uni when we had loads of zerkers shooting a tech 14 kit and it took for ever to kill " this kit had all ambro recovery and more than 100 abs" but anyway just saying that's broken for a tech 9 damp...

Theres your problem, dont try to break the recovery augged bases first.

I like these changes as they make victory possible for the attackers but not at all certain. Against a very well defended galaxy get the bases placed and they will be the support but you will still need a player squad to break the galaxy.

My standard seige kit: ada t20 kit,
augs: vary but 2ach assault Z, ach range, 3ach dmg
weps: ach laser Z, ada SL, ach pulse, anni cannon, emp ray
shield: armada aegis
energy: ada bank
over loader: alsens
radar: ach radar
items: ada proj field
full sets of ada, lac and tit damps
assorted tweaks
hydros and a weeks worth of nukes

2 of these against 10-12 t16 kits in an NS gal killed the drones but it took a player squad to take down the actual bases; and im ok with that. Progress isnt because they dont have the player numbers to back up their bases.

By the way i use 2 identical kits with a bana kit healer backing them up for the basis of each of my personal galaxies thus i would expect my gal to stand up against a BvB attack and need a large player squad to take down. 10 to 20hrs is the sort of time i would expect a GOOD defense to last and probably gets close to how long was spent building the defense, laying drones, routing slaves and setting up trade bays.

not entirely accurate.
the kit i base scanned the ns attacks and you had anda augs tbh. the player assault was assassinator (looked kingly and i was jealous) went down to get aggro to give the bases a reprieve and sadly enough he was able to tank with mm 4 monks, maybe 5 monks, the entire systems dps. i'd not base any bvb on what happened with those ns bases, as they were pure junk.

did we not fix ablatives yet? lol.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail

goett wrote:

not entirely accurate.
the kit i base scanned the ns attacks and you had anda augs tbh. the player assault was assassinator (looked kingly and i was jealous) went down to get aggro to give the bases a reprieve and sadly enough he was able to tank with mm 4 monks, maybe 5 monks, the entire systems dps. i'd not base any bvb on what happened with those ns bases, as they were pure junk.
did we not fix ablatives yet? lol.

NS gals were not well built/defended and 1 or 2 decent but not the best bases were enough to get by, even iwin's sole galaxy was much better defended last uni. We took out NS in one night, compare that to other single galaxys that we have spent up to 18hours killing or days spent defending anatolia against 30+ players. Even the best base with an ach Z and ach mag(more dps than anni/ada) cant equal 1-3 decent bezerkers with MTRs/KMWs.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157

clarifying a bit- the ns bases were junk. wasn't saying the ef bases were. the ef bases were perfect and fact they could do it with some anda augging was also just demonstrative. that assault was well done and i don't think anyone can doubt that.

the ns bases were just complete and total fluff, not a good example of empirical evidence to alter a bvb system. iirc i only saw 1 zerk for the big systems that went down. not any more were needed.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile E-mail

goett wrote:
clarifying a bit- the ns bases were junk. wasn't saying the ef bases were. the ef bases were perfect and fact they could do it with some anda augging was also just demonstrative. that assault was well done and i don't think anyone can doubt that.

the ns bases were just complete and total fluff, not a good example of empirical evidence to alter a bvb system. iirc i only saw 1 zerk for the big systems that went down. not any more were needed.

One thing fighting NS showed me is that anda x/y/z gear is surprisingly good and rivals anni gear, the few bases that put up a stiff fight were actually t16 with anda y/z gear; and reaugging the base with agro 4recovery is annoying lol :roll:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Team: None
Main: MathNerd
Level: 1428

there is also the issue of taking all the expensive gear on a base, shoving it in a SSphere, and flying away, or dieing at the loss of a GG20 when you see your ase is on low health

/war Eminence Front :mrgreen:

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRIAN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next