It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post Knock-back mitigating items to be released
After deliberation on knock-back in tonight's meeting:

• Jeff is looking at the square root equations (he lost me at this point)
  • I'll add some Capacitors that reduce inertia if equipped, with no negatives to maneuverability; yes, the cost is not using a capacitor, and build costs won't be that cheap, but there we go
  • I'll look at some minor +inertia features on certain hulls
  • I'll look at Lions in greater depth
  • Auto-brakes will be coded in, direct from Jeff

And thus promised, it did happen.

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Post Re: The Bonecrusher Appreciation Thread
LOL WHINING = RESULTS

/me takes notes

Teh Meo :)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

So.
You are saying we have to sacrifice our nicely modded capacitors which can make alot of difference in PvAI/PvP, to use some built, unmodded ones?
Why not add it as a modification that can be found on dropped Capacitors? This will increase profits for noobs who DG low DFs..

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail

andezrhode2a wrote:
So.
You are saying we have to sacrifice our nicely modded capacitors which can make alot of difference in PvAI/PvP, to use some built, unmodded ones?
Why not add it as a modification that can be found on dropped Capacitors? This will increase profits for noobs who DG low DFs..

Hush.

If you want to MC, then take a (very minor) hit.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Lemon
Level: 2187

spam brakes!

Teh Meo :)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:
So.

Hush.

If you want to MC, then take a (very minor) hit.

Ok AEM, make a terrible work-around to the Admins most retarded idea ever, or use my idea and improve newbies chances to earn, making their gaming start easier and better...
Sorry, im just pissed at this fucking stupid fix to an even stupider, more pointless bit of fucking code.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102
Class: Berserker

Waiiiit?

What is changing with lions?

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 pm

newman233 wrote:
Waiiiit?

What is changing with lions?

Kanga

Nothing, we just need to drop out our nice, uber modded capacitors, to use shitty anti-knockback ones that dont even stop it fully, JUST so we can use our maul on over 1 target.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

It is NOT a Capacitor thingie. It is a sensor & Nav Comp thingie at best. Should already be built into the nav comp... you know the little black box that is equipped on all ships during manufacturing... the AP computer.

Just scrap the effect totally. Or at least only allow it to only affect ships between 0 & 1. All other ships are too far away to be affected at all.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail

andezrhode2a wrote:
Nothing, we just need to drop out our nice, uber modded capacitors, to use shitty anti-knockback ones that dont even stop it fully, JUST so we can use our maul on over 1 target.

I posted a while back that I understood the Lion Maul issue, and was considering a "suck in / negative knock-back" effect on it. So, that is where the lion alterations will be made.

The capacitors are designed for secondary MC chars that just sit there anyhow - if you lose a few % efficiency, then this is a slight price to pay.

Cease the childishness already please - we've done more than enough to satisfy customer needs here. Beyond that, you're merely being petulant and overly-demanding.

Bonecrusher wrote:
It is NOT a Capacitor thingie. It is a sensor & Nav Comp thingie at best. Should already be built into the nav comp... you know the little black box that is equipped on all ships during manufacturing... the AP computer.

Just scrap the effect totally. Or at least only allow it to only affect ships between 0 & 1. All other ships are too far away to be affected at all.

Your account is up for renewal on the 7th. We're sorry that we could not meet your needs, and thank you for your custom - please have fun in your next MMO.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
The capacitors are designed for 2ndary MC chars that just sit there anyhow - if you lose a few % efficiency, then this is a slight price to pay.

So.
We need to lose a few % efficency because you felt, hmm, lets discourage them from PvAIing by shoving them back when they kill one..

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail

andezrhode2a wrote:
So.
We need to lose a few % efficency because you felt, hmm, lets discourage them from PvAIing by shoving them back when they kill one..

We've taken on board customer concerns, and acted upon them to allow you an in-game way to mitigate a game design choice that is here to stay, but which you personally do not like. After three polls and extended consultations with the player base. Within a month of said feature going live.

In the modern world, that's pretty damn perfect customer service.

As stated before: if you really cannot use these items, then we wish you the best in your next MMO.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Knock-back mitigating items to be released
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Your account is up for renewal on the 7th. We're sorry that we could not meet your needs, and thank you for your custom - please have fun in your next MMO.

And how many other accounts are you loosing because you've dug in... into a pile of horse manure to boot. How many MC accounts are dropping out?

It's only money ... something that you volunteers aren't too familiar with.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: urzaserra2
Level: 2549
Class: Gunner

I think most people want the entire removal of concussions as it doesn't seem to add much to the game and people are finding it annoying and its too griefable as it doesn't cause any agro although that in itself would be bad.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
I think most people want the entire removal of concussions as it doesn't seem to add much to the game and people are finding it annoying and its too griefable as it doesn't cause any agro although that in itself would be bad.

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:

• Auto-brakes will be coded in, direct from Jeff

Being affected by knock-back will have an automatic brake feature coded in soon - this will remove your concern.

As a gunner, my next project is your class. So expect nice things btw ;)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next