It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Team: none
Main: Cancel
Level: 3
Class: None

Post Re: Knock-back mitigating items to be released
Trolling post:
Official ways to lock firing exists, it's called a "Stapler on a Keyboard."

Real Post:
I'm pretty sure somebody is trying to add a firing lock into C2

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

yeah, i know how to lock it, but that is subject to spontaneous failure, etc. I would like a simple "toggle on/off" button.

And getting the game to PILOT YOUR SHIP FOR YOU is not only ridiculous, it's ridiculously lazy. :roll:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Demiser of D wrote:
yeah, i know how to lock it, but that is subject to spontaneous failure, etc. I would like a simple "toggle on/off" button.

And getting the game to PILOT YOUR SHIP FOR YOU is not only ridiculous, it's ridiculously lazy. :roll:

*cough* AUTOPILOT *cough*

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40342

Jeff responded favorably to this suggestion, so we'll just have to wait until the C2 beta is released.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

Bonecrusher wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Your account is up for renewal on the 7th. We're sorry that we could not meet your needs, and thank you for your custom - please have fun in your next MMO.

And how many other accounts are you loosing because you've dug in... into a pile of horse manure to boot. How many MC accounts are dropping out?

It's only money ... something that you volunteers aren't too familiar with.

i think allowing people to MC in the first place was a bad idea. but SS needed the money more desperately at that point. ill still fund my other accounts because i use them for more then just MC fighting. but that's my choice.

If you cant MC with this new code you just are not skilled enough to be called an Uber. iv seen people MC and get knocked around..they are less efficient..but they manage it. MC has allowed people to solo stuff they shouldn't anyway.. the game has some places that are meant to be done with other people not solo.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Team: Kami
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 1993

saran wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Your account is up for renewal on the 7th. We're sorry that we could not meet your needs, and thank you for your custom - please have fun in your next MMO.

And how many other accounts are you loosing because you've dug in... into a pile of horse manure to boot. How many MC accounts are dropping out?

It's only money ... something that you volunteers aren't too familiar with.

i think allowing people to MC in the first place was a bad idea. but SS needed the money more desperately at that point. ill still fund my other accounts because i use them for more then just MC fighting. but that's my choice.

If you cant MC with this new code you just are not skilled enough to be called an Uber. iv seen people MC and get knocked around..they are less efficient..but they manage it. MC has allowed people to solo stuff they shouldn't anyway.. the game has some places that are meant to be done with other people not solo.

MCing is still not soloing.

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:16 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

MCing is solo if you consider how many actual people are controlling the in game characters, which is what saran was saying. It's not soloing in terms of characters though.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

Saran I think you are missing the point.

SS has developed certain classes that require you to mc if you want to use them solo, specifically Berserkers.

I simply dont care whether I am uber of not I just want to enjoy playing the game.

Currently I am taking a break (along with the bulk of my former team, accounts-wise, if not in actual players.)
This issue was a contributing factor.
I am NOT impressed with the comments made by a certain arrogent developer.
It is pretty clear that the knock-back code has not been well recieved by the player base and any sensible, reponsive business would remove it and would not allow an employee to abuse the customers and tell them to go elsewhere.
Sack him Jeff

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Russell wrote:
I am NOT impressed with the comments made by a certain arrogent developer.
It is pretty clear that the knock-back code has not been well recieved by the player base and any sensible, reponsive business would remove it and would not allow an employee to abuse the customers and tell them to go elsewhere.
Sack him Jeff

I presume this is to me?

Just for reference, the comments I made were in response to:

Bonecrusher wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina, how's this for a reason... my sub is up Nov 8 and I won't be resubscribing until that piece of code is gone. My son want me to try WOW ... WOW has no BS BLOW OFF crap.

One VERY POed customer!

Bonecrusher

As made clear by various threads, it isn't "the player base" who don't like the change, but portions of it. I have tried to suggest some in game mitigation of the effects for those who dislike concussions, and argued very hard for it; Jeff spent time (which could be better used on C2) painstakingly going over the entire code to try to keep people happy. To put these new items in will require altering a balance sheet and adding classes of effects to items (tricky).

However, I'm afraid, at some point, you have to draw a line and say: "Ok, we've gone as far as we can to address your concerns, if you're not happy, then so be it".

On a related note, the Lion Maul tweak change needs work - Ace in a Pill mark XXX was not the intended effect we were looking for ;)

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:57 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Makskip
Level: 2049
Class: Fleet Commander

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
On a related note, the Lion Maul tweak change needs work - Ace in a Pill mark XXX was not the intended effect we were looking for ;)

heh I thought it was hilarious.... until we tried it against zebras..... spin spin spin... :P

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:05 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

AEM is female yes? not male? :O. On reading just one of Bonecrusher's post, why do i have a mental picture of a monkey jumping around in my head :/

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 am

Team: Kami
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 1993

zhuang281 wrote:
AEM is female yes? not male? :O. On reading just one of Bonecrusher's post, why do i have a mental picture of a monkey jumping around in my head :/

This is believed to be correct.

Yeah... Bonecrusher is going a lil' over the top. :/

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:24 am

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

Russell wrote:

SS has developed certain classes that require you to mc if you want to use them solo, specifically Berserkers.

If you can't solo on a berserker your doing it very wrong.

It is pretty clear that the knock-back code has not been well recieved by
the player base

what? the majority of the playerbase see the need for concussions as balance/recognise the fun value of the concussions. It's just a small portion of the playerbase that rather than discuss reasonably, like the players who are for concussions as they are, decide to throw their toys on the floor and say "i'm unsubbing" because they're too stubborn or too stupid to adapt to a new change. As someone said previously, admins have already responded to this change the fastest they've ever fixed something due to the opinion of 1-5 players on the forums...

and any sensible, reponsive business would remove it and would not allow an employee to abuse the customers and tell them to go elsewhere.
Sack him Jeff

Aurora isn't an employee, she's a volunteer.

and @Aurora, gunner doesn't need a beef due to this, they still pump out insane DPS with missiles as i saw earlier today.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:46 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837

thebattler35 wrote:
Russell wrote:

If you can't solo on a berserker your doing it very wrong.

It is pretty clear that the knock-back code has not been well recieved by
the player base

what? the majority of the playerbase see the need for concussions as balance/recognise the fun value of the concussions. It's just a small portion of the playerbase that rather than discuss reasonably, like the players who are for concussions as they are, decide to throw their toys on the floor and say "i'm unsubbing" because they're too stubborn or too stupid to adapt to a new change. As someone said previously, admins have already responded to this change the fastest they've ever fixed something due to the opinion of 1-5 players on the forums...

and any sensible, reponsive business would remove it and would not allow an employee to abuse the customers and tell them to go elsewhere.
Sack him Jeff

Aurora isn't an employee, she's a volunteer.

and @Aurora, gunner doesn't need a beef due to this, they still pump out insane DPS with missiles as i saw earlier today.

Shhhh!

I want to be able to join Oly runs in my gunner because at the moment gunner isn't suited to do oly! :(

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Four buildable capacitors will be present post-patch.

HAL has added a new feature which directly reduces concussion effects - the items reduce it from 20 - 80%.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next