It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post Re: Knock-back mitigating items to be released
Dorin Nube wrote:
That would be a great idea. ShMs don't really get much benefit from a shield cap. Since the extra bank from the cap doesn't multiply with skills or augs in any way, it actually makes a very small diference to their overall shield bank. I think most ShMs are actually far more likely to use an energy cap. Besides, ShMs aren't the only ones who need these :D

Would it be possible to add this effect as a mod on dropped shield caps or possibly other items? like a Liberty Shield Cap II* Dampened or something? I think that would be nice, especially if the Dampened attribute was added as it's own chance of occuring so it wouldn't cancel out the chances of other mods.

I'll create the Energy ones tonight - don't expect huge creative outlay on them though, they'll be clones of the shield cap versions.

As for adding this as a *mod... very dangerous ground. Not even sure if it is possible - and probably quite a lot of work, especially if it was added as a Hull mod / Aug mod as well. I can ask though.

For now, the built items will be our test case.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

What if you required DG drop ones in the bp for them? And had the mods translate over?

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile YIM

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but...

Snipers rarely(never)have any problem with knockback. If the knockback is large enough to knock US back, its also keeping our enemy plenty far away as well.

The problem we have is actually the opposite; Since we cant move, we cant chase our target. And our weapons actually HELP our targets run away!

So is there any way we could have a few, say, 1 size items that reduce the knockback on OUR weapons?

I mean, knockback is fine and all....but i can keep FIVE mf picks at 2500 range. At the same time. Talk about ridiculous!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Demiser of D wrote:

So is there any way we could have a few, say, 1 size items that reduce the knockback on OUR weapons?

I mean, knockback is fine and all....but i can keep FIVE mf picks at 2500 range. At the same time. Talk about ridiculous!

Hmm, I see the issue. I'll ask HAL about it, and it might be a Sniper only option.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:

Hmm, I see the issue. I'll ask HAL about it, and it might be a Sniper only option.

Thanks, thats exactly what i wanted. Please dont make it anything that will nerf us further though? :P

We're bad enough as it is :|

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9