It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 2549
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Opinions on Nexus?
Another change to make if you keep nexus essentially the same is to change the deep space balance point. Maybe if the targeting commands are explained better it wouldn't be so bad.

Good idea on the RC idea.

Watching help chat and noticing what questions are constantly being repeated would also be helpful to find where changes are needed.

The mission descriptions would be nice to more clearly have the short mission objective and rewards more noticeable, maybe move them to top and different color and bigger size or something.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Team: BOSSEN
Main: UnpleasantPantsBulge
Level: 2092
Class: Berserker

You would pick your class right away and each class will be explained clearly and you will also be told that you will not get this class until level 21. This will give some excitement to pay for the game so then you can try your class out. Maybe you would be given some gear and stuff after that point to start you out.

Anyway, back to the nexus. After picking your class you would be directed around, shown all the basic controls, ECT. Then you will be given missions that will increase in difficulty as you progress. Also, each mission with better rewards. Then eventually after going through 'training' you would be taken to Sol and maybe given a last few pointers and some terminology and then you would be on your own after that for the most party with maybe some infrequent help through the next 10-30 levels. Like when maybe entering your First W1 galaxy (or attempting to enter) you would be told "This is a W1 galaxy. You must first Train Warp Navigation 1 in <Insert Gal name>. There are 5 Warp Levels and each of them increasing in difficulty.

Then when you enter your first DG you would have the whole DG system explained to you before you fight any AI.

Then when you first enter Wild Space it talks about Galaxy ownership ECT. It can do this when you first deploy a Temp or Perm drone, start a tea or squad, and just about anything that's new.

I can work some of this out in more detail if needed to give more details and such.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I actually like the idea of picking your class at the very start, but not having it kick in till level 21. You would want to make clear that it gets more and more expensive to change classes as you level up, and maybe make a few free neurodocs available solely for lower level players (no longer available after level 50-100).

This would obviously require a significant rewrite of not only the Nexus, but the initial stuff in Lyceum as well. As I envision it, the introductory content would be tailored to the class that you had picked.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Maybe players should get to pick their focus in Nexus and only later get to pick their actual class. Could be pretty cool if they also get a special ship or item to go along with their choice. It would make nexus different depending on what focus you pick.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 pm
Profile WWW

Team: BOSSEN
Main: UnpleasantPantsBulge
Level: 2092
Class: Berserker

JeffL wrote:
Maybe players should get to pick their focus in Nexus and only later get to pick their actual class. Could be pretty cool if they also get a special ship or item to go along with their choice. It would make nexus different depending on what focus you pick.

That works as well. When i get the time i'll elaborate more on my ideas.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112

Interactive mission text, basically you talk to the npc like in many mmo. I think this will go a long way. This would i say is the number one needed improvment to make a more imersive start into the universe. So many players miss the story of star sonata and only get into the game.

I like the idea of f2p focuses, would be nice to have one f2p focus ship and special item, like maybe a 5 shot for combat focus to emulate zerkers. I like anything that gives a taste of the road ahead.

Base building i think should figure in somewhere. really was nessasary to remove it in the way it was being used, but that is such a huge aspect of the game to come for them and a great way to build some staying power in the f2p community. Lots of ideas have already been developed on this like strong termites that will garuntee system wipes at intervals and such.

Tutorial dialouge that will stay up and not spasm all around the screen.

The map reveal mission sounds great.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Team: none
Main: Cancel
Level: 3
Class: None

Maybe we should give the noobs a T20 ship with unchangeable equipment that lasts for 1-day and can only be used in a special area?

That special area would consist of bana AI and nerfed UZ AIs that don't drop anything.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

There are some great suggestions here.

I would add one more. If a player has an alt below level 20 and has a level 20+ alt then do NOT have the new uni code place the low level alt back in Nexus. Leave it in W0 Protected space. For two new unis I've had to move my level 14 alt out of Nexus to Sol.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Jeo's RC
Level: 1123
Class: Fleet Commander

Including the starting focus choice we nead an opening cinimatic that has storyline and back story to what were doing, most my freinds can't get past the preload because of lack of content and direction. To be honest we nead more handholding.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:07 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Veni Vidi Vici
Main: Lord Maxeth
Level: 413
Class: Fleet Commander

Tobal wrote:
Maybe we should give the noobs a T20 ship with unchangeable equipment that lasts for 1-day and can only be used in a special area?

That special area would consist of bana AI and nerfed UZ AIs that don't drop anything.

no.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

logansasuke wrote:
opening cinimatic

Videos that take = loss of time = impatience = dislike = quit.

There was one other thing I should add though, if you give f2p's bases back, actually make Arcadian and Ares gear worth while? I mean, Ares Protector is 3k bank, and like 20RPS, the shield cap is 600k.

The Ares and Arcadian base gear is a load of twaddle, all of the Arcadian gear, bar radar and augs is T0, the radar and augs are T1... Makes no sense. XD

Beef it & Base tag it.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 am
Profile WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:

well, considering you are working on the part of the game which has to attract new players, making it so you get classes at nexus would reduce P2P subs, since people would just play F2P to level 20 like 10 times then quit

functionality should be the absolute goal of the change to nexus, it has to do its job, it has to teach and motivate players to play the game

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: The Unfriendly Demen
Level: 1529

An extra line of gals in nexus to introduce players to Vazhaa , Mzungu and Bule stuff :P, all people that come out of nexus know about Pirates, Enforcers, Rats and Paxians, that prolly it >.<.

Just to show that SS is not just all those things, nobody notices the deep space warp ever , so I think all new players should be able to discover the new world by himself and know that SS is not just the nexus.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Nexus isnt that big problem, maybe it is a bit chaotic but more important is imo the post-nexus times. New players dont know where to go and what to do when they leave nexus. Blue Outpost mission chains should be more visible
Some new content for lvls 20-80 and players should know about Infernal Tempest too.

To be honest I'd suggest completly new quests system with Major Quests and Minor Quests, where Major stars automaticly, quide player throu plot and game features, those should show on map where to go too.

And if such quests system would be implemented, Major Quests should pop out at main screen, they shouldnt be hidden somewhere where new player would never look in (like it is now).

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

syberian wrote:
Nexus isnt that big problem, maybe it is a bit chaotic but more important is imo the post-nexus times. New players dont know where to go and what to do when they leave nexus. Blue Outpost mission chains should be more visible. Some new content for lvls 20-80 and players should know about Infernal Tempest too.

I agree with this. I think that there should be missions in Sol that sound you out to other major quest hubs so that pretty much you always know what to do based on what a main quest giver in Sol is telling you.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next