It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Patch 9/10/10 - Issues / Bugfix
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
RoflWaffle wrote:
Klestiko wrote:
If it added a lot of unintended Mini-Marinus BP's to the market, just change the current one to a useless trophy version, and make a new one when the drop rates are fixed.

sure, then refund me 10b :roll:

If you paid 10bil for something that people were multiple camping with broken drop rates that was announced in this forum...

I'd get your credits back from the seller.

But yes; it looks like the Mini-Marinus BP (current iteration) will be basically nerfed, because... you shouldn't have all abused the crap out of wattages anyhow. (Although, yes, it was our fault, but its easy to tell if something is really broken already).

I also take issue with this. There was no reason to expect the bp's to start dropping everywhere when only the first few had been found. If you want to penalize early adopters, that's one thing (though also rather harsh). But accusing Mikkel of abusing a broken mechanic is a bit over the top.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Team: None
Main: Mouse
Level: 1845
Class: Engineer

TBH this happens everytime something new comes out. As soon as one person gets one they sell for loads. Its the buyers fault for paying what they did they didnt have to buy they could of waited to see the drop rate etc. No-one forced him to buy it therefore he brought it at his own risk.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

If there is a patch, and you get something new within the first 5 minutes, you are either very, very lucky, or the stuff you got is totally common after the patch. Like Hydra gear and T21 Combined God Aug BPs. Same goes for the Mini-Marinus Blueprint.

This was the issue with many things that were added in, the only time I saw someone get something rare right after a patch was when RevolutionPower got his Unholy Pax.

So just be smart. If something is added, and there are a few for sale already few minutes after the patch, then the item will be worthless because it will be flooding with it a few days after the patch.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 am

anilv wrote:
I also take issue with this. There was no reason to expect the bp's to start dropping everywhere when only the first few had been found. If you want to penalize early adopters, that's one thing (though also rather harsh). But accusing Mikkel of abusing a broken mechanic is a bit over the top.

Yes, this wasn't my intention. Mikkel most likely didn't; many have done, however.

Mini-Marinus was added as an incredibly rare drop (not by myself) - 0.003% chance. The issue was... it had a rarity / Tech level that made sure that broken mechanics meant it was the only chance of a drop in a particular zone, which meant it dropped. Every. Single. Time. (i.e. if only 1 item satisfies a drop chance, then that 1 item will be selected at all times).

Going to fix this caused 48hrs of loot bounty. Due to being unable to update WildAI mid-uni meant we were forced to choose between: Mini Marinus BPs dropping like candy, or all high level drops dropping like candy. I chose the former; please note that none of these issues were known before it happened, so we're essentially clearing up the debris of bad code.

I'm not happy about the entire saga, and I agree that players shouldn't suffer from coding errors, however in this case we were tied to badly written XML from months ago.

Plus points:

1) I'm working through AI drop tables fixing this
2) I'm working through DG loot tables fixing this (as a bounty, Minor condensors will most likely get a higher chance of dropping)
3) We're now aware of the coding issues surrounding this, and can make sure that all AI function correctly.

Again - Apologies, however, at this point in time (and with a new uni coming up), our aim is to "clear house" and purge the XML of badly written / non-functioning / poorly enacted game mechanics.

So, in future, it won't be a case of "when something new drops its going to be broken", it will simply work as intended.

As stated: Wattages are the bane of my existence at the moment, but they've forced us beyond their own realm to improve the game.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: RoflSheep
Level: 0
Class: None

so when you change mini marinus bps, i demand 10b :)

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Why should the admins pay you for YOUR decision to buy it at that price. No-one forced you to buy it you did it at your own free will, therefore take responsibilty for it. The bug with the charge drones have cost me a couple of drones I'm not asking for money. I can obv see why your pissed off but since technically admins weren't at fault for you passing the money they have no obligation to pay you back I'm afraid.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Dr Ingelbert wrote:
Why should the admins pay you for YOUR decision to buy it at that price. No-one forced you to buy it you did it at your own free will, therefore take responsibilty for it. The bug with the charge drones have cost me a couple of drones I'm not asking for money. I can obv see why your pissed off but since technically admins weren't at fault for you passing the money they have no obligation to pay you back I'm afraid.

actually, releasing something without saying "hey guys, *this item* is dropping irregularly, and will be nerfed into something completely pointless" sorta makes it their fault, i hopped on what i thought was a new item, and after days and days they decide to fuck it over.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Yea so what it was a new item, so was the new mid level ships. Also iv never seen the admins state the drop rate of every item, some items they have given us an idea. In my opinion you didn't have to buy it therefore your fault. I saw Waser Wifle do kinda the same thing he brought a dropship cos it was new only to find out it was useless I haven't seen him post (slight difference in money XD). Basically it's like a new game coming out your like omg it's new I want it, play it and it's shit you can't take it back and get full refund (unless you say it's broken). You say I made a bad decision moved on.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Dr Ingelbert wrote:
Yea so what it was a new item, so was the new mid level ships. Also iv never seen the admins state the drop rate of every item. yeah, but when they see that the code says its dropping way more often, and they know they will have to do something about it, they should say something. In my opinion you didn't have to buy it therefore your fault. I saw Waser Wifle do kinda the same thing he brought a dropship cos it was new only to find out it was useless I haven't seen him post (slight difference in money XD).yeah, difference is dropships are cheap in comparison, its an AI base item, and you can literally see every single stat of it BEFORE you buy it. he knew its rarity...ai base.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

It's 10b, not like the world is coming to an end.. And I lol at you "demanding" they give you 10b..

Stop being so full of yourself. :P You mean nothing. You are nothing. Mistakes get made, people get fucked over.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

Klestiko wrote:
It's 10b, not like the world is coming to an end.. And I lol at you "demanding" they give you 10b..

Stop being so full of yourself. :P You mean nothing. You are nothing. Mistakes get made, people get fucked over.

Life.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 pm
Profile YIM

RoflWaffle wrote:
yeah, but when they see that the code says its dropping way more often, and they know they will have to do something about it, they should say something.

We have been fairly open about the issues with Wattages & the mini-Marinus BPs, although catching the drop rate issue had to come second hand to us. I made a specific thread about the issue as soon as we were on it; coming at the same time as critical Olympus fixes was bad luck.

For the record, no-one reported the insane amounts dropping; we saw a frequency on trade channels that raised warning bells, and then a grep showed 100's of them live.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6