It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: None
Main: Mouse
Level: 1845
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Patch notes
Jeff first of all have you ever tried using a Jux.
Also users of the Jux have just dropped to 0.
Also moaning about 200k+ dam, seer can do 140k dam in one shot and thats from one shot, jux has to have 2 people at range with 0 tracking.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Yes I've used the Jux.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Make it trully team oriented pvb weapon and I mean large squad, not 2 people shotting at each other

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: hio
Level: 2132
Class: Speed Demon

*Thinks of the prism towers in Red alert*

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

When the diffusers blow on the drones could you make it say on which drone the diffuser busted on?

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

It did on Test.
Been to busy building, but does on Live too iirc.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901

nah it jus says the type of diffuser...

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

I love how most of the module bp descriptions mention either drugs or sex.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Team: Traders
Main: Fry
Level: 3040

JeffL wrote:
I'm revising all the stats on FT engines tonight. Going to take away some of the speed in order to boost the main stats so they are at or greater than the regular versions.

I do appreciate the effert you've been making, I really do. But after seeing the updated stats, all of the turning/thurst and vison/detection stats for the FT rngines and radars are indeed better, but I noticed that they all increase in size and weight, some gain more vis, and the radars have more elec usage.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood me when I was asking that none of the stats be worse, including size, weight, vis, elec usage, etc...

Or maybe you don't agree that these items should be universally better than their non-FT counterpart. Maybe you want the players to pay extra credits for some tradeoff and hope that they either find this tradeoff to be acceptable or throw the item in a storage ship because it's completely useless.

Or maybe the balance sheets simply won't let you make them that good, in which case I think there is a problem with the balance sheets. Maybe FT gear needs some weighted bonus allowing them to be better than they currently are, I don't know.

I've asked several teammates if they use any FT gear, and all of them replied that they don't. A few save the bps, at least a few sell to the ai base for the 20m creds. It just seems pointless to have all these bps taking up slots in the loot tables when they really aren't worthwhile.

Oh, and one other thing.... I'm not sure if this is a bug or just one more kick in the balls for anyone actually trying to make use of FT gear, but I noticed that when I switched engines on my transport Reaver from a sleek zebra muscles*(which says it improves speed +3%) to a FT Fission (says it improves speed +6%), I actually lost 1 speed.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

phillyfan83 wrote:
Oh, and one other thing.... I'm not sure if this is a bug or just one more kick in the balls for anyone actually trying to make use of FT gear, but I noticed that when I switched engines on my transport Reaver from a sleek zebra muscles*(which says it improves speed +3%) to a FT Fission (says it improves speed +6%), I actually lost 1 speed.

This much I can explain. The mod multiplies with your augmenter speed bonus while the built-in stat adds with it, so *sleek can actually be better than the FT speed bonus, depending on your setup. In my case, the 2.9% on my Grape*sleek is just a tick worse than 5% speed inbuilt.

I have a FT Grape building at the moment and I really hope it's worth it. As it is I'm only going to see a marginal improvement in speed, so at the very least I'd hope for a slightly smaller, more powerful engine.

To Jeff: have you considered the difference between *sleek modded regular engines and inbuilt FT speed bonuses?

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

The way the new balance sheets work, a lot of stats of items are calculated automatically from categories. Size, weight, and cost are three examples, as is electricity of a radar. If a FT engine is slightly better in the primary stats than the regular version, it will also be slightly bigger and heavier, unless I change the size and weight categories to be smaller and lighter, in which case it will be worse but a lot smaller and a lot lighter. The way I had them before, with the bigger bonuses to speed, they were smaller and lighter because the main stats were also a little less.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am
Profile WWW

Main: BaRR
Level: 2417

JeffL wrote:
The way the new balance sheets work, a lot of stats of items are calculated automatically from categories.

You could add a "Tier" stat to the balance sheets; for example, Titan Gear could be Tier 1 t20, Venusian could be Tier 2 t20, Mercurian/Bana could be Tier 3 t20, and the UZ could be Tier 4 t20.

Normal items could be Tier 1 (TL) while + and FT items could be Tier 2 (TL). Oversized items could be still Tier 1, but larger, while mini items could be Tier 1 but smaller. Micro items could be Tier 0.

I know rebalances are obnoxious, but you really need to give yourself more control over the balance sheets instead of having the balance sheets decide everything for you. By using the "Tiering" method, you can easily balance entire levels of gear within the same tech level.

The Jiji Quu is one good example of a weapon that just doesn't work well with the current balance sheets; the RoP is superior for those who can power it, and it's a Tech 16 weapon. I personally like the Surgical Jiji (and if I can get one I'll use it for a while), but TBH my next upgrade is still going to be a RoP simply because 234 size is too damn big to fit in my ship. Maybe if I was PvPing I'd sacrifice the space, but in PvAI I don't have the luxury of keeping my hull full.

And hey, maybe you like the current way the system works. It's not my place to judge; I'm just putting the idea out there if you want to try it out, seeing as item balance has been a sore point in this game throughout its history. I like the idea of balance sheets; I don't like the idea of admins being completely unable to add new gear without it being the same relative strength as preexisting gear.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

It's more complicated than that, but it's similar to how things work. There are about 8 tiers with size, weight, and cost modifications, modification for required skills, NB, sticky, built-in, and other modification.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 am
Profile WWW

Main: BaRR
Level: 2417

Yeah I get that, but I'm just struggling to understand why every tech 20 beam/magcannon weapon must be size 150+, excluding the Unholy Laser... Which is Laser Damage so it's not useful for much other than PvP. And ofc SD's only use these types of weapons because of their tracking.

I noticed earlier that you said you were planning on re-balancing SD's; does this include lifting some of the hull limitations? because quite honestly every time I can't scoop something like a Tardis it just pisses me off. Then I look at the size 150+ weapons and I'm like "arrrg!"

Eh, whatever, I get frustrated easily. Sorry for bugging you.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Zeta Gatling Laser: size 24
Point Defense Zeta: size 25
Hephaestus' Forging Mallet: size 38
Nanite Ares Sapper: size 44
Dark Curse Gatling: size 48
Hephaestus' Glowing Mallet: size 50
Lion Scratch: size 51
Unholy Laser: size 57
... 62 total player-obtainable, non-sticky lasers of tech 20 and 21 under size 100

There are also about a half-dozen mag cannons

Of course, small weapons are either shorter range or do less damage, but thems the breaks.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next