It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Post Re: Wattage - Ship BP
Okay, allow me to clarify what churchill said;

Quote:
New "Modules" will not be as difficult to make as ada modules.

However, they will be more expensive.

Capice?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Demiser of D wrote:
Okay, allow me to clarify what churchill said;

Quote:
New "Modules" will not be as difficult to make as ada modules.

However, they will be more expensive.

Capice?

Suits me :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Actually, looking at that it seems like the new ubers will require kills of old ubers to build their stuff.

EX, "Blobular Cooling System"?

Also, the one that had "scales" in the name?

Which, btw, is ane EXCELELNT idea; The more these ubers are required to be killed, the more new players will be able to get the skills they need.

Also, a newb squad might even be able to sell the drops from those ubers for a profit, which would be cool.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

Demiser of D wrote:
Actually, looking at that it seems like the new ubers will require kills of old ubers to build their stuff.

EX, "Blobular Cooling System"?

Also, the one that had "scales" in the name?

Which, btw, is ane EXCELELNT idea; The more these ubers are required to be killed, the more new players will be able to get the skills they need.

Also, a newb squad might even be able to sell the drops from those ubers for a profit, which would be cool.

Wow, admins have made an incredicle move we didnt notice :P

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254
Class: Berserker

Demiser of D wrote:

EX, "Blobular Cooling System"?Frozen blob is extracted, dont think this will come for the "Blob:

Also, the one that had "scales" in the name?I could see this one using anni scales since everyone has a ton sitting around doing nothing

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 pm

There's a lot of speculation in here - I'll try to clarify & answer concerns raised:

Regarding "modules": without re-writing the entire industry within the game, some elements of the current production cycle were necessary to maintain consistency and not make redundant the entire industry section of the player base. However, we've pared this down to include only 2 elements in new production (1 lower tier module and 1 sup aug based construction); it is hoped that the difficulty in building these modules is much lower than the current endgame, and will stimulate mid range trade. i.e. it is entirely possible for a non-top team to produce them, and sell them on - for players such as landswimmer, buying them will not be difficult as they are easy to produce, and shouldn't have the market squeeze that current adamantium modules suffer from.

To make this clear: 10 of the new T21 "modules" require x2 laconia modules as build materials. 5 require a single demented module. Each T21 "module" requires a single Sup. aug gizmo. The sup aug production was kept as it retains the desirability of sup. augs and provides an item sink for these items. (Condensing BPs and so forth).

1 adamantium module = 2 demented module, 1 ada sheet (10 ada, stabilised core, which is essentially UZ dependent)
1 demented module = 2 laconia module, 1 dement
1 laconia module = 2 titanium module

Other costs / mechanics you'll discover. However, these have been deliberately made non-industrial (i.e. raw commods / drops etc) and are the real core cost of the modules. i.e. A T21 "module" requires: 1 sup aug gizmo; 1 or 2 lower tier modules; raw commodity resource; drop / item that has 100% drop rate and which does not suffer the scarcity issues of UZ drops (i.e. it is either repeatable mission or farmable with 100% drop rate dependent, based on lower-tier content).

The reasoning for this was as follows:

1/3rd industry
1/3rd raw commods (base builder)
1/3rd combat (content)

Please note that every T21 module requires a different raw commodity, scaled to tier (i.e. X T3 commods > X+(*n) T2 commods > X(*n*n) T1 commods to equalise demand).

It was our firm intention that T21 modules do not present a bottle-neck like the current T20 modules, but rather involve the entire spectrum of the player base, and stimulate trade across the board. Endgame teams / players will be focused on getting the actual BPs for T21 items; producing the components to T21 modules* is something that most mid level+ teams / players can get involved in. Looking at the T21 modules rationally, the only "annoyance" part will be the sup aug gizmo - all the rest will be available almost universally.

[edit for clarity]

T21 "modules" are actually T20 - which means you don't even need SM21 to build them. You are quite able to produce the "modules" and sell them on, something we hope will be desirable. All T21 builds use them as a core mechanic, however given that they are T20 and relatively cheap (compared to ada modules) to build, we can use them in T20 builds where appropriate.

Hopefully that should put your minds at rest, but feel free to blow off steam in here.

*Of course, you'll need to get SM21 via the cool new instance to equip the actual T21 BPs that use the modules

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:11 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Tech9
Level: 1923

I see.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 am

assasinat3r wrote:
I see.

I feel underwhelmed by your laconic answer :(

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: ahileus
Level: 3088

If you planing to change something Aurora and other admins/devs, pls inform us much much earlier. Wattage ship bp was added in game like 2 unis so far. And BP was aproved by owner of this game.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail

aeljuga wrote:
If you planing to change something Aurora and other admins/devs, pls inform us much much earlier. Wattage ship bp was added in game like 2 unis so far.

1) Apologies, as soon as it was noticed it was fixed
2) It is T21, so has been unbuildable, so doesn't present an issue unlike the aug
3) This is the future intention

aeljuga wrote:
And BP was aproved by owner of this game.

As were the changes.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Thank you for the explaination on the plan for new builds. I've always hated the fact that the lower tech modules were useless, except for making ada mods (and the occasional base diffuser). This new philosophy looks very well thought out.

All of those module BPs will still need diplomas and mentions to buy though. Will we still be farming UZ for Zebra Armada Crests, or will there be a way to get them from Olympus?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

Wattage Aug

Old stats Shield +20%, Energy +10%, Damage +40%, Energy Recharge +10%, Visibility +50%, Range +25%, Electric Tempering -25%

New stats Shield +20%, Energy +40%, Damage +20%, Energy Recharge +23%, Visibility +50%, Electric Tempering -30%.

Thanks for killing my setup ^.^

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Asmodeaan wrote:
Wattage Aug

Old stats Shield +20%, Energy +10%, Damage +40%, Energy Recharge +10%, Visibility +50%, Range +25%, Electric Tempering -25%

New stats Shield +20%, Energy +40%, Damage +20%, Energy Recharge +23%, Visibility +50%, Electric Tempering -30%.

Thanks for killing my setup ^.^

Agreed stats of aug:

Shield +20%, Energy +10%, Damage +25%, Energy Recharge +10%, Visibility +50%, Range +25%, Electric Tempering -25%

Currently 'discussing' this issue with the content dev charged with putting the changes live.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

even a reduction to the energybank bonuses to balance for range would be fine. As i see now Wattage is meant for Zerkers. As a Sniper however you can see how no range really sucks ;)

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Asmodeaan wrote:
even a reduction to the energybank bonuses to balance for range would be fine. As i see now Wattage is meant for Zerkers. As a Sniper however you can see how no range really sucks ;)

No, agreed stats are being hotfixed as we speak.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next