It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Latest progress on Olympus
Quote:
Your cynicism is not well placed in this case; your concerns about mudflation we recognise however.

My attitude in no way is negative, it might seem that way to you because you only look at my post as negativity, when in fact many players probably have the same question as me, they just don't ask. And I will also go ahead and mention the amount of times that I have personally seen changes get made to things that are already in place, and cost me literally billions upon billions. Something I like to avoid as much as possible.

Quote:
Jeff has worked extremely hard getting T21 out the door - suggesting that we're randomly making things up & committing them is so far from the actual process to be fairly amusing. Along the lines of someone looking at the Mona Lisa and saying "Ye, I did finger painting when I was at school, pretty sure I understand how it's done".

I never suggested the numbers were randomly thought up. I actually used something called "7.5x" and made a simple statement that I don't think that should be carried on anymore.

However Jeff already explained the situation, which explains a lot of things. For instance the fact that Outliers are going to occur in this situation. You have to realize as a player base, when we see a bp with 100bil credit cost, and a post that talks about a 150bil priced ship, we tend to worry if the rest are going to be just as pricey.

But thanks to Jeff's post in a timely manor might I add, we have all been informed of something else.

Trevor

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail

trevor54 wrote:
And I will also go ahead and mention the amount of times that I have personally seen changes get made to things that are already in place, and cost me literally billions upon billions. Something I like to avoid as much as possible.

However Jeff already explained the situation, which explains a lot of things. For instance the fact that Outliers are going to occur in this situation. You have to realize as a player base, when we see a bp with 100bil credit cost, and a post that talks about a 150bil priced ship, we tend to worry if the rest are going to be just as pricey.

But thanks to Jeff's post in a timely manor might I add, we have all been informed of something else.

Trevor

I would note at this point that Olympus has been delayed for a month or so because we wanted to nail prices down and avoid at all costs major revisions to BPs once Olympus went live. This was a fairly huge discussion point for us.

I'd also like you to note that each Olympian is roughly themed, in terms of drops and targeted gear, which means players (once you've explored it all and Simon gets his hands into it & the wiki starts getting fleshed out) will be most likely choosing a T21 "path" and sticking to it. i.e. They'll aim for X Pretender shield, Y Pretender Energy, Z Pretender ship, and stick with the tier'd path through them - also note that the BPs are cost indexed to include previous tier items that are used as materials. e.g. If a player wants to upgrade their Pretender shield to the T2 version, they can use that T1 version in the T2 build - thus costing them nothing, whilst the market / build costing has included that T1 item in at 'full price'*.

As was quoted, T21 ships cost 'roughly 60 billion' - bear in mind that that is not a credit cost, but an algamation of credit/materials - if you happen to have said materials extractable etc, then the real cost diminishes. Apart from outlier oddities, these are the most expensive items in Olympus. Please also note that we have had to change all the other T21 BPs ingame; however, since you can't build them yet, I'd not get too worried about that.

*We are aware that modded T1 items can (and do) render T2 items unbuildable / useless, as seen in some UZ builds (primal weapons in particular). We've sought to remove this issue through two mechanics, which players will discover.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
trevor54 wrote:
And I will also go ahead and mention the amount of times that I have personally seen changes get made to things that are already in place, and cost me literally billions upon billions. Something I like to avoid as much as possible.

Trevor

I would note at this point that Olympus has been delayed for a month or so because we wanted to nail prices down and avoid at all costs major revisions to BPs once Olympus went live. This was a fairly huge discussion point for us.

I'd also like you to note that each Olympian is roughly themed, in terms of drops and targeted gear, which means players (once you've explored it all and Simon gets his hands into it & the wiki starts getting fleshed out) will be most likely choosing a T21 "path" and sticking to it. i.e. They'll aim for X Pretender shield, Y Pretender Energy, Z Pretender ship, and stick with the tier'd path through them - also note that the BPs are cost indexed to include previous tier items that are used as materials. e.g. If a player wants to upgrade their Pretender shield to the T2 version, they can use that T1 version in the T2 build - thus costing them nothing, whilst the market / build costing has included that T1 item in at 'full price'*.

As was quoted, T21 ships cost 'roughly 60 billion' - bear in mind that that is not a credit cost, but an algamation of credit/materials - if you happen to have said materials extractable etc, then the real cost diminishes. Apart from outlier oddities, these are the most expensive items in Olympus. Please also note that we have had to change all the other T21 BPs ingame; however, since you can't build them yet, I'd not get too worried about that.

*We are aware that modded T1 items can (and do) render T2 items unbuildable / useless, as seen in some UZ builds (primal weapons in particular). We've sought to remove this issue through two mechanics, which players will discover.

Still no mention of whether olympus will succeed where serengeti failed; having FC content.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail

For fleet commander, I like the idea of letting Red Photon be there place of living, as if the devs would build off it and make it pure FC content..

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

the thing is, it would take an ungodly number of FCs to do Redphoton...and it would be costly

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254
Class: Berserker

trevor54 wrote:
For fleet commander, I like the idea of letting Red Photon be there place of living, as if the devs would build off it and make it pure FC content..

Thats how i see it working as well and I think separating cap ship content from other uber areas is a great idea since the users of each generally want very different content.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

trevor54 wrote:

And Gunner. I wantz that Heat missile factory from RP.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

trevor54 wrote:

I would like it, if it took less than two hours to get a decent squad down there. :roll:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

yugioh124 wrote:
trevor54 wrote:

I would like it, if it took less than two hours to get a decent squad down there. :roll:

Pretty sure thats getting fixed...

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Currently, Red Photon is exclusively for Gunners, who can get things out of the current UZ as well. FCs really have nothing in the T20 zone for them, which is why they are the second most underpowered class.
DM being the first. Before you make anything for T21 for FCs, you must give us T20 as well.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

trevor54 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
trevor54 wrote:

Pretty sure thats getting fixed...

It is. It will be placed randomly in perilous, like how Lunacy, Iq' Bana, and Emphatic Mother are randomly put in Perilous.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Will there be any "normal" T21 gear that drops in perilous space or in normal DGs? Any roaming or DG AI planned around T21 stuff outside of Olympus? As cool as Olympus sounds, it would be a shame if the other aspects of the game were made completely obsolete by it.

I guess I'm just thinking that the Tier 1 versions of gear should be available through normal DGs or even AI bases, like Titan gear, Venu gear (used to be T20 anyway), etc. It may be hard to go back and add T21 stuff that is weaker than Olympus Tier 1 gear at a later date.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 am

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Still no mention of whether olympus will succeed where serengeti failed; having FC content.[/color]

Ship wise, Red Photon contains T21 Capital Ship items, although there is a Capital Ship available via Olympus.

I'd suggest making a 'wish list' in the suggestions thread so any specific ideas can be looked at - however, there are FC / Gunner friendly items in the drop tables.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:54 am
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Still no mention of whether olympus will succeed where serengeti failed; having FC content.[/color]

Ship wise, Red Photon contains T21 Capital Ship items, although there is a Capital Ship available via Olympus.

I'd suggest making a 'wish list' in the suggestions thread so any specific ideas can be looked at - however, there are FC / Gunner friendly items in the drop tables.

Thats great and all, but I'm *wishing* for gear/ships/bays/fighters, which are designed for fc. The lion was designed for zerkers; I'd like a ship designed for FCs as well.

JeffL wrote:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572

Currently, Red Photon is exclusively for Gunners, who can get things out of the current UZ as well. FCs really have nothing in the T20 zone for them, which is why they are the second most underpowered class.
DM being the first. Before you make anything for T21 for FCs, you must give us T20 as well.

DM is underpowered??
Just because youre retarded little Pax can do nothing, and you cant use Paladin for shit doesnt mean Engineers are underpowered...
Ive said this before, theres a handful of ubers I cant do ingame on my Eng solo.. A handfull. Emp and KKK being the main ones, for obvious reasons.
Engineer is incredibly balanced.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next