It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Jeff - Engine rebalance
JeffL wrote:
Quote:
However Jeff please please look at the Bule Abadi Darkness. it is a very expensive and rare ruin item that requires the ruin skill to use.

The Bule Abadi Darkness does get extra credit for being expensive, rare, and requiring a special skill. This is one of the few engines that came out just slightly worse than it was before, but there really isn't a way to improve it without improving all other engines, unless I make it more expensive to extract or else heavier or larger.

Beefing/Nerfing the Bule Abadi Darkness even to similar stats to the Qua Vazuk would make it both use able and worthwile considering the -15% vis tag. possibly raising it's vis to 29 could compensate for added thrust/turning?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

Why is FT Grape better then Emp Prop on test?

lmao

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:23 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

SimonV2 wrote:
do all special skills count the same? Bule Mythology should be weighted more strongly than say piracy....

All items that require a special skill to use get a +5% added to their total power regardless of what skill it is. However, I tend to make items with more rare skills like in this case also marked as "Expensive", which gives an additional 2% power increase for a multiplied total of 7.1% more power. To put this in perspective, a tech 20 item, all things being equal, it 4.17% more powerful than a tech 19 item. So it's nearly 2 levels more powerful than the same item that doesn't require that skill and isn't marked as expensive.

Quote:
Why is FT Grape better then Emp Prop on test?

It's not. It's not even close unless you just look at thrust and ignore all other stats. Emperor's Propulsor is 14% more powerful, but it has a 1.6 turn/thrust ratio versus a 1.05, so the FT Grape has a slightly higher thrust, but Emp Prop has 39% more turning and is slightly smaller.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

the speed boost is very nearly the same, on a pvp SD, turning is never an issue

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

FT Grape / Emp
Tech- 19 / 20
thrust- 11300 / 10200
turning-2793 / 3870
vis- 293 / 216
size- 28 / 26
weight-252k / 286k
Tweak- Speed +10% / Speed +11%
Tweak- Docking +49% / Turning +4%

are the stats as i understand it.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I use Grape Influence on my SD because it's small and powerful, and I don't worry about visibility. My two cents: don't nerf the stats too much by making it slightly stealthy, although it looks like it's already gotten quite a nice boost on test.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

Asmodeaan wrote:
FT Grape / Emp
Tech- 19 / 20
thrust- 11300 / 12200
turning-2793 / 3870
vis- 293 / 216
size- 28 / 26
weight-252k / 246k
Tweak- Speed +10% / Speed +11%
Tweak- Docking +49% / Turning +4%

are the stats as i understand it.

i guess that would make everyone happy.

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

JeffL wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Capital engine got nerfed, not cool. :cry:

Besides that, everything looks nice, though grape may be rather OP now. You nearly doubled the thrust of it, and turn got a significant boost as well.

EDIT: Quiet Thrust has always been unique for being the only engine available to players with 0 vis. It now has 10 vis. Please fix?

Capital Engines are problematic because they are labeled as tech 10 when they are supposed to be balanced as tech 20. I will beef them a little bit more, though, by making them think they are from Free Market.

I could make the Grape Influence and FT "slightly stealthy", which would reduce its stats. Though lots of engines ended up with huge beefs like that one in order to balance out with some of the other high end engines and fit along the usual power curve that all items have.

Quiet Thrust never had 0 vis, but rather 0.002 vis, which mattered in the old stealth/visibility system but is pretty indistinguishable from 0 in the current one. My thinking on it now was that 10 visibility seems like a reasonable minimum vis for player-obtainable engines. If you guys really want, I can make a special category for just this engine and put it at 1 vis, but really, under the current visibility system, I think 10 vis is already extremely low, especially if you're tapping your acceleration key.

Quote:
However Jeff please please look at the Bule Abadi Darkness. it is a very expensive and rare ruin item that requires the ruin skill to use.

The Bule Abadi Darkness does get extra credit for being expensive, rare, and requiring a special skill. This is one of the few engines that came out just slightly worse than it was before, but there really isn't a way to improve it without improving all other engines, unless I make it more expensive to extract or else heavier or larger.

well i personally prefer the extra category option,
beefing the stats to get it on 10 vis is kinda pointless because there enought 10 vis aalternatives (like some bana t15 engines) with close stats.
Reduces variaty once more and creates a "lets cap us some QT instead of paying extract issue again"
I am not the biggest fan of using the balance sheet to mishmash the variaty down anyways.
Thought its unqeustionable that you cant "see" to many use a QT thanks to its crappy size/thrust/turn. But for those who are bored its a challange to try to find a use for the vis bang.
Leave it as it is id say, totally aware of the fact that all other engines in that lvl range get a 2-4x boost on stats.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5

another remark to current stats of engines on live.
Since im into f2p setups anyways i can say im surrprised how i love the current variaty of engines obtainable between t0-t6! we have everything there for low vis setups (bule vs stelath mobilizer(t5 vs t4) low tech power (bule pusher) variaty on (slightly) higher tech t2 with mz pusher (thrust), jelly tent (overall good) vs t3 starburts engine(mission, best thrust good turn) vs Glissomm (good stats but t3 not t2 if compared to those statswise, but way easier and cheaper to obtain) .. same i could go on and make a list arroun the ruin t5+- engine, Trader propulsor (T5 mission only very turny Frighter only) and the lowsize t6 voltage thruster etc.

dont mess that up too much ok ;D

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

i dont see why the Rcharge is being nerfed so bad..granted it was out of proportion slightly compared to the others in it's class..but in it's defense it is hull specific to the heaviest ships in game.

Also, vis nerfs to stealth engines is just lame..no further explination is nessisary..if thats the case just remove sniper & seer altogether because you kill the class with vis nerf. :evil:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

karmellace22 wrote:
i dont see why the Rcharge is being nerfed so bad..granted it was out of proportion slightly compared to the others in it's class..but in it's defense it is hull specific to the heaviest ships in game.

It may be balanced if you have a fully decked out Rhino...but, ward+ with something like a Giga Misd is a hell of a lot lighter than the "ideal" Rhino.

As soon as you apply that 500m engine to a much lighter setup, it becomes broken. If the ward+ weighed as much as the rhino, then yea, less of a nerf is needed.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

I think simon is gonna murder you Jeff for all these changes.

Good job on it though.

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:09 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Mail wrote:

Good job on it though.

Time Warp

considering he updated all of the engines, then had to re-do the engine visibility for all the engines xD

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: flyyyyyyyyyyy
Level: 0

thebattler35 wrote:
Mail wrote:

Good job on it though.

Time Warp

considering he updated all of the engines, then had to re-do the engine visibility for all the engines xD

Fly fast kill hard

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
karmellace22 wrote:

It may be balanced if you have a fully decked out Rhino...but, ward+ with something like a Giga Misd is a hell of a lot lighter than the "ideal" Rhino.

As soon as you apply that 500m engine to a much lighter setup, it becomes broken. If the ward+ weighed as much as the rhino, then yea, less of a nerf is needed.

Maybe its just me, but I use ULT for my travelship :mrgreen:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:53 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next