It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Jeff - Engine rebalance
Ive got a really neat idea:

Jeff instead of faunching around with balancing how about going thru ALL of the Missions messages and making sure that the completion gals and bases are clearly stated within the message. (Except for the the missions that are clearly used to help new players explore.) [And if you still have time on your hands... how about getting a day job? =P]

I am so friggin tired of not seeing where the end of a mission is that I almost quit again.

Bonecrusher/Thummper

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Sanktuarium
Main: Emilian
Level: 2077

I hope Rhino Charge nerf will come proportionaly with size and weight reduction too. Don't forget engine is quite large and heavy.

As for the matter if it is too powerfull I can say that even with the maxed revelant bar skills (including additional 10% weight reduction) my emp behe turns slowly (try loading 45k psion icicles or cyborgs).

If You want to nerf it that badly please add some built-in engines (or better engine boosters) to ships used mainly to handle heavy freights (Dark Freighter, Emp. Behe, Behe, Levi etc).

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 am

Bonecrusher wrote:
how about going thru ALL of the Missions messages and making sure that the completion gals and bases are clearly stated within the message. (Except for the the missions that are clearly used to help new players explore.)

I am so friggin tired of not seeing where the end of a mission is that I almost quit again.

Try making a thread in the suggestion forums, along with missions that this applies to - given that many low level missions have universe randomised $start and $end points, I think you might find that your list is shorter than expected.

But - put it in the right forum, add some actual information instead of a rant, and I'll get on fixing it (if it indeed can be fixed).

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144

The problem with this is they are mostly one time missions. I have to look for completed missions when in my storage hulls, move the needed items to my ship and repeat. then I need to be in my ship and log onto an alt and back again so the missions are complete with the items on my ship. Then I need to scan all of the maps to find the completed missions symbols. The biggest offenders are the Piracy missions.

So no I can't go thru the missions for you, once done they are mostly gone.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Jeff has rebalanced engines.

This was a side tangent from Olympus, but as so many new ones got added, and there wasn't a balance sheet / ability to add the aug mods we wanted on them, he went ahead and did all the work on them to bring them into line with every other major gear line.

Kinda scary impressive in the time frame he did it as well :shock:

• Major beefing to lower tech engines, in fact, gains across the board
  • No nerfs included - in fact, +thrust / +turn have increased and sizes gone down, with only a few exceptions (and those that gain are in the region of +10, not +100's)
  • Gyroscopic mod has been brought in line with other mods, which means a reduction, however engine increases more than outweigh this
  • AI have had a universal nerf to their turn/thrust to prevent them turning into ninjas overnight - we're keeping an eye on this however
  • Aug effects added to certain engines

More on this once we've tested the new changes thoroughly.

The rebalance seriously nerfed the urqa qi vazuk. Old stats: thrust 5200, turning 2035, size 60, vis around 8 iirc. New stats: thrust 2500, turning 1180, size 46, vis 10. I spent hundreds of skill points on zen skills to be able to use the urqa qi vazuk on my jujuso'rka, but now the engine is too weak to use (and the moral emphasis is too high vis to be worthwhile for a sniper). If you thought the urqa qi vazuk was overpowered (ha ha), a better option would have been to leave the accel, turning, and visibility the same but increase the size to 100 or so (it's not as though seers don't already have tons of low vis engines obviously designed for them and not for snipers).

So where is this new sniper-only engine to be found, and what are the stats?

- Brock Grocklyn

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

i just want to note that os moral emphasis is vis 90... same as V motor. wtf? balance sheet fail >.< also urqa qi vazuk sucks ass now.... not even sure ill be able to move my seer with it. will switch to vmotor i guess since its the best low vis engine out there now.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:27 am

Team: Red Faction
Main: Starbolt
Level: 1526
Class: Engineer

Yeah, it's late in the game on this but I'll give it a shot.

On the issue of the Quiet Thrust.

Quote:
Quiet Thrust never had 0 vis, but rather 0.002 vis, which mattered in the old stealth/visibility system but is pretty indistinguishable from 0 in the current one. My thinking on it now was that 10 visibility seems like a reasonable minimum vis for player-obtainable engines. If you guys really want, I can make a special category for just this engine and put it at 1 vis, but really, under the current visibility system, I think 10 vis is already extremely low, especially if you're tapping your acceleration key.

I know this has to be a pain in the ass, "Fix this, Change THAT!!!" constantly, and I generally don't partake but I want to add to the minority requesting a small change. Could you guys drop the vis on the QT to whatever value is closest to zero (understanding that zero is an impossibility). It does have it's (limited, non-combat) uses and since they don't drop that much if you whack an A-Dust, the best way to acquire one is by capping. It's difficult to cap something you can't see, which, though it's a pain, is somewhat rewarding.

Not asking for something major but since you broached the concept, WOULD you seriously consider making the 'special category', as you put it, for just that one?

Yemeni storekeeper talking about a visit home some time ago.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

It's difficult capping something you can't see? Position a FC in Nihilite and they all light him up with lasers. Or, do you really have that shitty of a radar...such as an Ande Radar, or none at all, that you can't see 300 vis AI? Lasers give the firer +300 vis.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

dont worry, the t15 bana engine (Urqa Koquii Vazuk?) now has worse stats as a tech 2 ai base engine (Benz) except for its vis.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK ADMINS.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm

All i can say is, The Emperor's Influence. Nerf Grape or Buff Emp Propulsor.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Emp Prop has much better turning than FT Grape, but thrust is more important to SD's anyway. Perhaps that's the problem.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

The whole point of the Quiet Thrust was destroyed. It was a < 1 visibility engine. They would have been better off just removing the engine since its stats completely suck for its size and tech.

I need to find an engine to upgrade to for my Seer and to be honest all the nerfing of the stealth engines have really fucked that all up.

T15 Bana engine is useless now.
Purgatory Thrust still is over sized, moderately visible and under powered.
Panther Prowl? Meh..

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

indeed, stealth is weighted far too heavily on the balance sheets, all stealth engines are even shittier than they used to be now. They're simply not good enough to use in combat.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

Javatech wrote:
The whole point of the Quiet Thrust was destroyed. It was a < 1 visibility engine. They would have been better off just removing the engine since its stats completely suck for its size and tech.

I need to find an engine to upgrade to for my Seer and to be honest all the nerfing of the stealth engines have really fucked that all up.

T15 Bana engine is useless now.
Purgatory Thrust still is over sized, moderately visible and under powered.
Panther Prowl? Meh..

well technically all engines got balance wise a beef. expecially those mid tech engines, they ina verage 3-5 times better. but to be honest. id prever the Quite thruster with old stats even now ratherthen this *beefed* version

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

I still set my hopes in:

JeffL wrote:

Quiet Thrust never had 0 vis, but rather 0.002 vis, which mattered in the old stealth/visibility system but is pretty indistinguishable from 0 in the current one. My thinking on it now was that 10 visibility seems like a reasonable minimum vis for player-obtainable engines. If you guys really want, I can make a special category for just this engine and put it at 1 vis, but really, under the current visibility system, I think 10 vis is already extremely low, especially if you're tapping your acceleration key.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12