It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post New PvP Proposals
We have a PvP crisis of sorts in Star Sonata these days with a lot of unhappy players. We've been talking about adjustments a lot to try to figure out how to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. The following is the concrete set of proposals that we've come up with that I would like to propose to the player base:

1) 1-way war will cause aggro on both sides of the war so you don't have to declare back if you want your bases to fire on the team that declared war on you.

2) Limit the number of wars a team can declare to the warmongering skill of the leader so one team can't declare 19 simultaneous wars.

3) A team HQ is required to declare and maintain war.

4) Destroyed bases will no longer take galaxy base slots and in order to repair a base, there will have to be a slot available.

5) You have to press 'R' to dock with your stasised ship from your escape pod or spirit to reduce chain podding.

6) Eliminate infamy and rework the glory system as follows:

We will keep track of all the characters that each character has killed in PvP. If Helro kills Jey, then it's noted in Helro's statistics that he has a kill versus Jey. If Jey then kills Helro back, then Helro goes into Jey's kill list and Jey is removed from Helro's list. Only the victor of the most recent encounter is recorded. When a player is killed in PvP, all the players who helped kill him in the galaxy when he dies gets credit for the kill. Killing a player on your team doesn't get counted, and if a player joins your team, he's removed from your kill list. Kill lists are reset every new universe.

Each players Glory will now be the total number of players in their kill list. PvP will be restricted to [-10, +10] glory without war, [-20, +20] glory with 1-way war, and unrestricted by glory with 2 way war in addition to normal level restrictions. Glory restrictions only apply to players in ships, their combat slaves, and temporary drones and do not protect bases, trade slaves, or permanent drones. If either player is in a galaxy with their own bases, perm drones, or trading slaves, then glory restrictions will also not apply.

We will add a high score list for glory, so the most glorious players in SS can be admired by all and those top players can know who they need to go after to advance their position. We'll also add a command that will show all the people on your kill list.

How this will work is that a player who is uninterested in PvP will generally have no glory and can't be attacked (without war) by any player who has killed more than 10 other people in PvP. A player who likes PvP will have to search out others who also like PvP or else limit their PvPing to mutual wars or attacking galaxies. This system should also be relatively hard to manipulate since killing an alt or another player over and over again doesn't gain you any more than just killing once.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Kami
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 1993
Class: Engineer

Post Re: New PvP Proposals
Looks awesome to me.

Will the war feature kick in 1 hour after /warring, or immediately?
When will this be implemented?

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tech9
Level: 1923

I like this. While I'm still here, are external ablatives being looked at?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658
Class: Speed Demon

thats bullcrap

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:24 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Green Dragon
Level: 2518
Class: Shield Monkey

No.

Limit it to 10 times per PLAYER to be killed. rather than have that player be able to have 1 player kill 10 people.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3361

That last point (the new glory system) would completely eliminate piracy in the game, seems way too harsh imo.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Team: None
Main: Seronys
Level: 1963

this is a fucking joke? right?

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how hard you try, I will ALWAYS win.
iWin

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: reaper pride
Level: 3960

Actually this is an epic soloution I fully like this idea BUT 1 problem, Energy dreads and Shmonks...they wont have glory so will avoid PvP, how can u combat this...?

Thise that complain are PvPers from the present time...so their opinion should be null and void...sorry iwin less GG for u :)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Team: None
Main: Seronys
Level: 1963

thats ok, was always wondering what WoW is like nowadays. You see admins dont realize that 90% of the changes they make fuck this game up even more, and that us PVPing actually gives some fucking entertainment to some players, i have actually received compliments saying, keep doing what you do, you keep this game intresting. Those people who complain are the shit talking noobs who get asswhoppings, if they didnt shit talk so much, they wouldn't get an asswhopping. Keep running the game into the ground though.

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how hard you try, I will ALWAYS win.
iWin

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: reaper pride
Level: 3960

Macedonn wrote:
thats ok, was always wondering what WoW is like nowadays.

Lol suck it up, games develop as they progress, if u cant adapt and improve then yes u should play WoW...cya

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:39 pm

xzume wrote:
Actually this is an epic soloution I fully like this idea BUT 1 problem, Energy dreads and Shmonks...they wont have glory so will avoid PvP, how can u combat this...?

Thise that complain are PvPers from the present time...so their opinion should be null and void...sorry iwin less GG for u :)

No, their opinions should be noted as with any other player. This affects the content they enjoy most.
But.. they'll still be able to PvP. Just not harass people who have no interest in it themselves. And their annoying blockade will still work, but for less teams. Unless everyone wars them.

What did you guys expect to happen when you basically harass the playerbase under the excuse of character development?

And, Mace - you'll still be able to PvP. This change will result in less PvPy players and more PvPy players having greater enjoyment of the game.

Paladin,

Kanga

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2142

I think that iWin and their PvP tendencies should be realized as part of the game, no? Increasing restrictions is good fun and all, but kills that aspect!

Proposal: The current idea in #6 keeps track of all those you have killed, which is used to calculate your Glory rank, great! Make it so differences in glory give handicaps to the lower glory players. So they aren't immune from PvP... but they have a slight handicap (damage resistance, extra damage, etc?) so they aren't senselessly slaughtered, and put up more of a fight.

The way I see this is... it wouldn't simply be one-sided slaughter anymore with skill/level gaps, and players with inferior levels/gear would be able to hold their own in PvP hopefully drawing more players into the fun? Just a thought...

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail

I have a neutral feeling on this matter for the time being.

thats how this game was made

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

xzume wrote:

All players who help in a pk get the credit. So a ShM helping to kill someone would also get the glory.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 pm
Profile WWW

Deathdisguise wrote:
I think that iWin and their PvP tendencies should be realized as part of the game, no? Increasing restrictions is good fun and all, but kills that aspect!

Proposal: The current idea in #6 keeps track of all those you have killed, which is used to calculate your Glory rank, great! Make it so differences in glory give handicaps to the lower glory players. So they aren't immune from PvP... but they have a slight handicap (damage resistance, extra damage, etc?) so they aren't senselessly slaughtered, and put up more of a fight.

The way I see this is... it wouldn't simply be one-sided slaughter anymore with skill/level gaps, and players with inferior levels/gear would be able to hold their own in PvP hopefully drawing more players into the fun? Just a thought...

Yes, but iWin are a minority. They'll still be able to PvP, and those who wish to PvP less will be able to do so. I think the number of people who prefer the PvAI aspect of the game outnumber those who don't. This implementation helps everyone, even iWin and teams like it.

Kanga

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next