It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Heaven
Main: DIE
Level: 3402
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: PVP calculations ceiling
Go for it jeff. Then alot of people will just make low levels to kill low levels. Low level shield monkeys can heal level 3000s and i wont even be able to shoot the shield monkey. This isnt a good idea...

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

how is them healing your enemies any different from u putting afk shms in protected gals for heals? lol.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Team: None
Main: Seronys
Level: 1963

^stfu war dodger, what helro is trying to say is, people like me, are going to stop leveling all their characters, so they stay within range of 90% of playerbase, and arent limited to a certain group of pvp. PVP is what i do, i enjoy it, by far the best part of this game, putting in this level cap is going to kill it for a lot of people, and people will start creating low level alts, to kill low level people, that piss them off in game, bad idea, i mean, whats the point of leveling then, if you cant use your skills on people. And its guna suck when theres a high level shield monk like hellfrost healing lower level pvpers, instead of the other way around, where the low level is healing the higher levels.

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how hard you try, I will ALWAYS win.
iWin

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Only the shitty PvPers are going to make low level alts to kill low levels, because they can't compete with end game people. There are shitloads of people level 2000+, and you'll still be in range of 1500ers, just not 1kers.

As for the shield monkey exploit, you should have the PvP range of yourself AND what ever it is you're healing, defending only. So that you can't heal a low level, then attack low levels, they would have to attack you first. This would have to last at least 5 minutes after you healed.

thats how this game was made

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

I do agree with Seronys. There will be people that are much lower level than I that I would want to kill, but someone could prevent me from kill that said person because of restrictions.

But attacking actual neutral parties, because you feel like it, is the downside and the main problem to being able to kill lower levels.

There has to be a middle ground, one that lets you kill the n00bs that intentionally piss you off, but not let you utterly and wholly rape another low level that has done nothing to you.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ArrowHate
Level: 1211
Class: Fleet Commander

Raising the cap to... oh, 1800-2000 seems reasonable to me - getting rid of it less so.

Who's watching who?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

Selfish Act wrote:
Only the shitty PvPers are going to make low level alts to kill low levels, because they can't compete with end game people. There are shitloads of people level 2000+, and you'll still be in range of 1500ers, just not 1kers.

As for the shield monkey exploit, you should have the PvP range of yourself AND what ever it is you're healing, defending only. So that you can't heal a low level, then attack low levels, they would have to attack you first. This would have to last at least 5 minutes after you healed.

lol, its funny because they arent gonna be able to make money if they have to attack people who can fight back

and the 10 second invulnerability thing should be removed.. death in PvP is NOTHING due to GG, people should only be able to get back in their ships and live if they have the skill to escape. if they dont wanna do it, they should tow (maybe keep it in for lower levels incase they get stuck, the 10 sec invuln would only be removed for players 1k and up, when killed by another player) (so people who die to aggro bases with warp drones can still escape)

that should make PvP and PvB much more interesting (more risk to attackers, more risk to defenders, and killing someone actually MEANS something, rather than just being a single GG20 and some creds)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 pm
Profile E-mail

raise the cap, but let lowbies attack anyone who is higher level

that way if any lowbie shittalks, they always have the fatal flaw in their bullshit that they dont have the guts or ability to fight the person they are dissing, so they can scream all they like, but they know they cant do shit

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail

The 10 second immunity thing is needed, I don't want to tow every single time I die in a galaxy that has warp drones.

thats how this game was made

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail

maybe remove the 10 sec invuln for deliberate kills once "/avoid *team name*" galaxies and "/avoid *galaxy name*" commands have been implemented (because they are needed)

Selfish Act wrote:
The 10 second immunity thing is needed, I don't want to tow every single time I die in a galaxy that has warp drones.

well, put simply, you wouldnt...

aggro stuff would still attack you, and you would still get the 10 sec invuln, but if you jump into a galaxy owned by someone you are at war with, you dont get the 10 sec invuln, if you die in regular PvP u dont get the invuln, basically so that if you kill someone, you get rewarded for your effort, they dont just go "lol, thats 1 gg20 gone 99 left"

dieing currently costs you almost nothing, and is a very minor inconvenience

dieing should be something FEARED by the players, something THEY WANT TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS, and if you dont get the 10 sec invuln, dieing during a base seige becomes a MUCH more dangerous thing, since escaping isnt so easy, you actually GET A DISADVANTAGE by being defeated by an enemy, and they actually get a reward for putting in the effort to kill you

tl;dr - as long as you arent intentionally killed (YOU in particular, not just anyone) you still get the invuln,

but if someone DELIBERATELY WANTS TO make you die, to stop you from attacking their base, or stop you from defending yours, you DONT get the invuln, because having the invuln makes killing someone in PvP strategically pointless, they can just walk away because you cant attack them for 10 seconds (and thats usually enough to make ALL the effort you put into killing them a complete waste)

Last edited by landswimmer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Seronys
Level: 1963

landswimmer wrote:
Selfish Act wrote:

lol, its funny because they arent gonna be able to make money if they have to attack people who can fight back

and the 10 second invulnerability thing should be removed.. death in PvP is NOTHING due to GG, people should only be able to get back in their ships and live if they have the skill to escape. if they dont wanna do it, they should tow (maybe keep it in for lower levels incase they get stuck, the 10 sec invuln would only be removed for players 1k and up, when killed by another player) (so people who die to aggro bases with warp drones can still escape)

that should make PvP and PvB much more interesting (more risk to attackers, more risk to defenders, and killing someone actually MEANS something, rather than just being a single GG20 and some creds)

no, this doesnt mean were not guna make moeny because we have to attack people who fight back, this means were not guna make money cause we arent guna find someone in our pvp range, you know the chances of finding someone in your pvp range with that cap is going to be? most of those people are end game, dont do anything cept colonies, or ubers, or sit in their gals, cause they have everything, theres not a lot of players in SS, and whos to say the player is going to be on THAT character when you find them, the pvp cap is FINE, nothing wrong with it, leave it as it is.

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how hard you try, I will ALWAYS win.
iWin

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2142

Going to have to agree with Seronys on a lot of this. Even if I'm far from being able to pvp with my current gear, I still realize and acknowledge the fact that shrinking the pvp player-base isn't the best choice for this game as the population is not as high as we'd all like.

However I'd enjoy seeing a mechanism that brings shield monkeys into the pvp bracket if they choose to heal others. :)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

I don't like that I can be at level 1000 and a level 3000+ can attack me, cutting down the PvP range to 750 - 1000 level difference outside of war sounds a lot better to me.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

pvp level restrictions cause more problems than they solve because of exploits using low level alts.

The first thing you should do is remove ALL pvp limits for teams that are at war. Then remove ALL pvp limits for your team against anyone who attacks a member of your team or heals someone who is attacking a member of your team, or provides elec, auras, or any other kind of support for someone who is attacking a member of your team. Let the pvp limits go back to normal after a certain amount of time has passed, the same as it does with base aggro.

Then, you could narrow down the pvp limits a whole bunch to protect actual newer players who are on small teams. They would be protected from bullies, but if they attack someone, they have to face the full fury of that person and their team.

Players have been asking for no pvp limits during war for a long, long time because of all the exploits it causes, but there are generally no admin responses. Jeff, is this something you see as a bad idea, or is it just a matter of finding time to implement it among all the other priorities you have?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Dorin Nube wrote:
pvp level restrictions cause more problems than they solve because of exploits using low level alts.

The first thing you should do is remove ALL pvp limits for teams that are at war. Then remove ALL pvp limits for your team against anyone who attacks a member of your team or heals someone who is attacking a member of your team, or provides elec, auras, or any other kind of support for someone who is attacking a member of your team.
Let the pvp limits go back to normal after a certain amount of time has passed, the same as it does with base aggro.

Then, you could narrow down the pvp limits a whole bunch to protect actual newer players who are on small teams. They would be protected from bullies, but if they attack someone, they have to face the full fury of that person and their team.

Players have been asking for no pvp limits during war for a long, long time because of all the exploits it causes, but there are generally no admin responses. Jeff, is this something you see as a bad idea, or is it just a matter of finding time to implement it among all the other priorities you have?

^, especially the italic part.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:40 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next