It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:53 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

Post Re: PVP calculations ceiling
iWin is limiting what a majority of the playerbase can do, and limiting the growth of Star Sonata as a game. In my opinion, it is up to Jeff and the Admins to decide what to do with it, I think you should discuss it and work out a way to prevent it from happening.

Of course PvP is fun, but not when it is threatning the existance of the game because we are such a small game with a small playerbase that needs everything but new players who quit because of "veteran" highend players PvPing them and limiting what they can do.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

The thing you need to look at is WHY they are doing this, and the answer is because there is not enough new content. ;)

But still, a new system needs to be found.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

5dave5 wrote:
The biggest problem as i see it is bases. Most people use different chars to lay kits, and leveling your ExE/CA char up to 2k could be difficult. Otherwise low level ExE/CA bases could be attacked and your StM bases wont protect them.

There is an easy answer to that one, level your alts :)

However I had a situation recently when a friends low level (267- 310) account had bases in our w3 gals, at that level they are only ambro bases and during a war they all got wasted by high level characters.

I suppose that is they way it was intended. :(

Still enough deviation, I agree a level 1600 character is not on an equal footing with a level 2500.

BTW does any know how to work out pvp ranges from the point of view of a low level character. The pvp range seems to be calculated based on the higher level character's level.

Last edited by Russell on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
How about we just have it like it is right now, except lower levels can attack anyone higher than them, but the lower level has to turn their safety lock off first?

lol, that's the one system I will *never* go back to, for reasons HAL pointed out. It was far, far worse than the current system we have now, because it was confusing and so easy to trick people. Just going by tickets and complaints we receive about PvP, our PvP complaints went from constant stream to almost nothing overnight when we changed to our current PvP level restrictions from the old why where you could attack anyone higher than you and then they could attack back. But iWin has brought back the constant stream of tickets and complaints. Thanks guys. =/

Well, iWin was picking on lowbies and shooting scout ships all the time. That's bound to irritate people. However, making pvp more restrictive will make it harder for teams like EF to curb them for you.

Look at the GIJalicious alt. That little seer could cause lots of mayhem shooting down all your low level customers. I'd be willing to slow him down for you, but none of my pvp alts can shoot him in Lyceum because of PVP levels. Even though our teams are at war and he may be shooting at low level alts in my squad when we're going to a UZ run or something, he's totally immune from me.

Yes, EF is doing a decent job of blockading iwin, but there are probably places where a low level like gijalicious can fly right past our bases without worry (and scan them too if he wants).

If he had an SHM, he could heal their high level zerker while the zerker is attacking me or a team mate, and I wouldn't be able to stop him.

The PVP restrictions are a pain. It may sound counterintuitive, but in many cases, less restrictions will actually lower the abuse and the problems you have.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:40 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Monkeys have increased pvp range when they heal players.

Imo, with a war, pvp range should increase by 50% both ways, and when both teams war each other, the all players on one team can attack all levels on the other.

However, Helro could unwar EF while being attacked and bring some people out of EF's pvp range during a battle, as a retreat option. It's been done before.

So, my solution to that problem is that:
1. War takes 1h to start up like now.
2. War takes 1h to cool down.
3. Your team(all players on team that unwars) cannot attack the other side for 24h, unless they are attacked first.
4. Changing teams or going team-less cannot affect the timer on 3.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Monkeys have increased pvp range when they heal players.

Imo, with a war, pvp range should increase by 50% both ways, and when both teams war each other, the all players on one team can attack all levels on the other.

However, Helro could unwar EF while being attacked and bring some people out of EF's pvp range during a battle, as a retreat option. It's been done before.

So, my solution to that problem is that:
1. War takes 1h to start up like now.
2. War takes 1h to cool down.
3. Your team(all players on team that unwars) cannot attack the other side for 24h, unless they are attacked first.
4. Changing teams or going team-less cannot affect the timer on 3.

Yes, something like this, only even less restrictive :lol:

Please don't let this topic die simply because the current iWin threat has passed, or at least been paused for awhile. We need to close all those pvp level restriction loopholes that people use.

HAL wrote:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Xen
Level: 2827

Id say remove the ceiling, but make it so initiating pvp (attacking first) makes you an open target to anyone of any level on the team that you attacked for a certain period of time (not applied to bases).

That way, hiding from the pvp ranges of the team you attack would no longer be a possible, but would still offer the pvp range protection from teams you had not attacked recently.

And of course, players who do not initiate pvp would remain under the moderate protection of the removed-ceiling system.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
How about we just have it like it is right now, except lower levels can attack anyone higher than them, but the lower level has to turn their safety lock off first?

lol, that's the one system I will *never* go back to, for reasons HAL pointed out. It was far, far worse than the current system we have now, because it was confusing and so easy to trick people. Just going by tickets and complaints we receive about PvP, our PvP complaints went from constant stream to almost nothing overnight when we changed to our current PvP level restrictions from the old why where you could attack anyone higher than you and then they could attack back. But iWin has brought back the constant stream of tickets and complaints. Thanks guys. =/

ahahahahaha. Because this system where people are healing level 200 alts with 2k monks whilst fighting genuine noobs really works....

Best thing to do is put a PvP system in place and don't try to mess with it too much, people will ALWAYS whine when they get killed, thats their problem.

People have just gotten used to everyone being friendly Carebearz to them, surely you remember Tobal jeff? or all the other old PvPers.

Please don't make SS more carebear than it already is. The openness of PvP in SS is another unique part of the game.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: gij
Level: 1828

JeffL wrote:
But iWin has brought back the constant stream of tickets and complaints. Thanks guys. =/

sorry jeff :( but your bound to get them, only way to get them to stop completely (tickets about pvp) is to take pvp out of the game

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Main: gij
Level: 1828

Dorin Nube wrote:
Look at the GIJalicious alt. That little seer could cause lots of mayhem shooting down all your low level customers. I'd be willing to slow him down for you, but none of my pvp alts can shoot him in Lyceum because of PVP levels. Even though our teams are at war and he may be shooting at low level alts in my squad when we're going to a UZ run or something, he's totally immune from me.

Yes, EF is doing a decent job of blockading iwin, but there are probably places where a low level like gijalicious can fly right past our bases without worry (and scan them too if he wants).

Gijalicous is lvl 872, ALL of the EF bases shoot him. and to get to Lyceum, i dont have to pass through any EF bases. and yall have chars that combat gijalicous and have killed him on many occasions, so stop whining :)

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

uses ak47 for the job wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:

Gijalicous is lvl 872, ALL of the EF bases shoot him. and to get to Lyceum, i dont have to pass through any EF bases. and yall have chars that combat gijalicous and have killed him on many occasions, so stop whining :)

But. . . (sniffle). . .everybody else gets to shoot gijalicious. . .(sniffle). . .I wanna shoot him too. It's not fair :cry:

HAL wrote:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:21 am

Team: None
Main: Seronys
Level: 1963

JeffL wrote:
But iWin has brought back the constant stream of tickets and complaints. Thanks guys. =/

sorry jeff :( but your bound to get them, only way to get them to stop completely (tickets about pvp) is to take pvp out of the game

or you know, ignore the whiners, i mean what are they saying, are they threatening to leave? well wait until they do start leaving before you make hasty decisions, because its either your going to ruin pvp, or get rid of 5 people probably at least 10 subs altogether. And i think thats worth more than the 1 shittalking noob that couldn't handle what he was dishing out. Honestly, there is no problem with us, AT ALL, if people are complaining, then babying them wont help them in this game, were like the schoolyard bullies, toughening em up for the future :P

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how hard you try, I will ALWAYS win.
iWin

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Uber Noobers
Main: catz
Level: 20

Macedonn wrote:
JeffL wrote:

or you know, ignore the whiners, i mean what are they saying, are they threatening to leave? well wait until they do start leaving before you make hasty decisions, because its either your going to ruin pvp, or get rid of 5 people probably at least 10 subs altogether. And i think thats worth more than the 1 shittalking noob that couldn't handle what he was dishing out. Honestly, there is no problem with us, AT ALL, if people are complaining, then babying them wont help them in this game, were like the schoolyard bullies, toughening em up for the future :P

is LC the new pvp team now? cause everyone seems to be at war with them or yo :P

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: flo02
Level: 2257

make it 1700 coz i dont feel like leveling >.>

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:51 pm