It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: PVP calculations ceiling
5dave5 wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:
pvp level restrictions cause more problems than they solve because of exploits using low level alts.

The first thing you should do is remove ALL pvp limits for teams that are at war. Then remove ALL pvp limits for your team against anyone who attacks a member of your team or heals someone who is attacking a member of your team, or provides elec, auras, or any other kind of support for someone who is attacking a member of your team.
Let the pvp limits go back to normal after a certain amount of time has passed, the same as it does with base aggro.

Then, you could narrow down the pvp limits a whole bunch to protect actual newer players who are on small teams. They would be protected from bullies, but if they attack someone, they have to face the full fury of that person and their team.

Players have been asking for no pvp limits during war for a long, long time because of all the exploits it causes, but there are generally no admin responses. Jeff, is this something you see as a bad idea, or is it just a matter of finding time to implement it among all the other priorities you have?

^, especially the italic part.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: none
Main: The Jiggly One
Level: 2
Class: None

Hmm... the above post is good.

Kanga

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

The reason I'm generally hesitant to go for no level restrictions in mutual war is that I feel like it would destroy the possibility of a team with higher level players recruiting new players. If a level 50 joins a team with level 1000's, and they end up getting in a war, that level 50 is just screwed and just get killed all over the place. But perhaps such a mixed team is pure fantasy on my part...

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230
Class: Berserker

I think it is. The only lvl 50's on the higher teams are usually alts of the existing team members.

Besides, I dont see what a "true" lvl 50 would be doing on a high end team. They are far better off exploring the universe with people around their own lvl.

I also agree with the above quoted post. I think thats a far better way of doing it.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:01 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

Yeah Jeff, you wont get too many higher end teams recruiting level 50's, due to their usual lack of maturity, and the high amount of time/effort that needs to be put into helping them develop.

Also if the lower level player is not really a 12year old or an idiot, then if they get into a higher end team they will hit level 500+ in a week or two, meaning they can fend for themselves.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 am
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

You might get people who specifically abuse that though. For example PvP team A could set up a fake team B, declare mutual war with themselves, then recruit a bunch of noobs who don't know any better. Before they know it they get chain podded by level 2000 players and they don't know why.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 am

Team: None
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

The only people who would fall for that Hal would be the really low newbies. And frankly it wouldnt be the worth the time and credits to chain pod newbs.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 am
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

HAL wrote:
You might get people who specifically abuse that though. For example PvP team A could set up a fake team B, declare mutual war with themselves, then recruit a bunch of noobs who don't know any better. Before they know it they get chain podded by level 2000 players and they don't know why.

That would be a extremely obvious way of abusing the system though, cant be done without people finding out.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 am
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

MagicSteve wrote:
The only people who would fall for that Hal would be the really low newbies. And frankly it wouldnt be the worth the time and credits to chain pod newbs.

Were you around for the days when attacking a team member would open up PvP range for the entire team? Back then people tricked noobs all the time with "Can you test my shields?" scams, even though they had nothing to gain from it, it was "fun" to ruin someones day.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

The point is now though HAL, the playerbase has changed, and look at iWin/SSS, they are getting cut off from everything by EF because of what they have done.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 am

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

HAL wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

Were you around for the days when attacking a team member would open up PvP range for the entire team? Back then people tricked noobs all the time with "Can you test my shields?" scams, even though they had nothing to gain from it, it was "fun" to ruin someones day.

Saying "Test my shields" is alot simpler than creating a fake team and paying for a war between the two teams. Flying around til you find someone willing to join your team, then switching character to find and kill him.
Yes some people might do it, but it isnt going to be a widespread thing. And if they do, ban them.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

newman233 wrote:
The point is now though HAL, the playerbase has changed, and look at iWin/SSS, they are getting cut off from everything by EF because of what they have done.

Kanga

actually quite fun, i havent seen them in ages :P :mrgreen:

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Budahead Charm
Level: 2298
Class: Fleet Commander

Badgerlost wrote:
Go for it jeff. Then alot of people will just make low levels to kill low levels. Low level shield monkeys can heal level 3000s and i wont even be able to shoot the shield monkey. This isnt a good idea...

good point
omg i just agreed with Helro :O

http://www.teamunderdawgs.webs.com/

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

How about we just have it like it is right now, except lower levels can attack anyone higher than them, but the lower level has to turn their safety lock off first?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028

Demiser of D wrote:
How about we just have it like it is right now, except lower levels can attack anyone higher than them, but the lower level has to turn their safety lock off first?

lol, that's the one system I will *never* go back to, for reasons HAL pointed out. It was far, far worse than the current system we have now, because it was confusing and so easy to trick people. Just going by tickets and complaints we receive about PvP, our PvP complaints went from constant stream to almost nothing overnight when we changed to our current PvP level restrictions from the old why where you could attack anyone higher than you and then they could attack back. But iWin has brought back the constant stream of tickets and complaints. Thanks guys. =/

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next