It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post PVP calculations ceiling
Currently when calculating who a player can attack in PvP, all levels above 1600 are considered to be 1600. This is sort of to create an "end game" PvP area where players won't knock themselves out of PvP by leveling and also a recognition that beyond about level 1600, additional levels don't really give you that much power.

What does everyone think about eliminating this ceiling?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: PVP calculations ceiling
Why? Right now, everyone above level 1600 IS the same, honestly. Why not just keep raising it whenever higher-level stuff is put in? That way, we keep all the benefits of it without causing issues later on.

Also, first!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:29 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

The reason to raise the ceiling is to make it so a level 2000 who is PvPing can't attack as low level people as he currently can.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 pm
Profile WWW

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Okay, that would be nice. However, would it be possible to make it so that, no matter how high level you become, you can always attack people, say, 1500+? That way we don't have the problems you mentioned, of people leveling so far they can no longer fight.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm

JeffL wrote:
The reason to raise the ceiling is to make it so a level 2000 who is PvPing can't attack as low level people as he currently can.

Raising the ceiling to 2000-2500 sounds good to me. The fact of the matter is that there IS a difference between level 1600's and level 2500's. Those extra skill points allow you to train zens, bars, imp, control skills etc. much higher than a level 1600.

There's also the fact that chances are someone who is level 2500 will have more end game gear, and more wealth in general as they either played longer than a level 1600, or DG more.

thats how this game was made

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658
Class: Speed Demon

No, a lvl 1.6k doesnt have much of a advantage over a lvl 2.5k.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Team: None
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459

Selfish Act wrote:
Some Excellent Points.

I agree. Though the level gap becomes less significant at the upper end, it still makes a difference between 1600 and mid-2k+. The ceiling should be changed.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

I think this is something that should be considered.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:22 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265
Class: Shield Monkey

I'd like to disagree.

Actually from personal experience, I think the ceiling is 1.8k. Anyway, I don't really like the idea of having to grind even at that level to gain XP. Just leave it like it is.

And a 2.5k doesn't have much advantage over a 1.8k. They are both equal, yes.

If you really want to do this stuff, then you'd need to introduce in new skills and stuff which will cause imbalances and all that rebalancing and whatever. Also dont do this unless you introduce higher level'd AIs that are easy to kill..like level 4k ones. Dont want to grind on platties and MF reavers again please. Thanks.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112

to be fully honest i have spent the sp of a 1.8k player at my lvl. and i would consider anyone about 1600 my equal in pvp and pve. Don't think it needs a change.

And yes i should do something with the 4500 sp =/

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 am

Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459

Trouser23 wrote:
to be fully honest i have spent the sp of a 1.8k player at my lvl. and i would consider anyone about 1600 my equal in pvp and pve. Don't think it needs a change.

And yes i should do something with the 4500 sp =/

You could up zens, bars, imp, control/resist skills with that, easily put more distance between yourself and a level 1600.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

1600 and 2500 might be very close in terms of abilitys, but the point of the celing however is that a level 2500 can attack a level 1000 charatcher just as easily as a 1600 char. I think it should be raised.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:56 am

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
Currently when calculating who a player can attack in PvP, all levels above 1600 are considered to be 1600. This is sort of to create an "end game" PvP area where players won't knock themselves out of PvP by leveling and also a recognition that beyond about level 1600, additional levels don't really give you that much power.

What does everyone think about eliminating this ceiling?

actually, for beserkers, there is a decent power increase just by having more SP when comparing a 1600 and a 2600,for example many skills such as neurotweaking and zen of reach can be maxed at high level, but not at 1600, providing a big range bonus to high level beserkers (and it makes them a fair bit stronger against SDs and sttuf, due to the extra range)

to fix this? simply add in more AI like the red 2.8k wattages, so that all players can level up without having to grind platties and shit like that

being high level stops being an advantage when everyone else starts to get to that level, and it makes the PvP fair again

imo people should be allowed to choose from 2 PvP level limits, with one, you can attack anyone over level 500, with the other, you get the current limit.

while using the "high range" flag, you can be attacked by ANYONE,but cant attack people under 500 unless they shoot you first,

and anyone who heals another player in a protected galaxy should be shot by the police, (sure, it wouldnt make alot of sense, but it would fix one of the problems with PvP)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

My level 761 SD can attack a level 2172 base in DF140 space, that might be a bit overkill? :) Would like to see this changed, so I had to be at least level 1000 to attack it.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:33 am

The biggest problem as i see it is bases. Most people use different chars to lay kits, and leveling your ExE/CA char up to 2k could be difficult. Otherwise low level ExE/CA bases could be attacked and your StM bases wont protect them.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 am