It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Content Update
Jeff, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the change to tractors also has them now using absurd amounts of energy even at low ranges. Could the elec requirements be changed to resemble what they were before? Everyone is having trouble moving their singularity spheres, amongst other things.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

Gotta love using a CR on a SS, and MCing it with an Engineer. That works for me, along with Apollos Collectors and Hades Collectors.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
Because if we just added a hard cap, lots of people would have tractors at 9k range which we feel is too much and ridiculous. The balance seems much better to us after the recent changes. Also there's now some room to add higher level tractors.

As much as I hate my reduced tractor range, I have to admit that the nerf was needed to make room for higher tech tractors. That was a good point.

Elec use is a big issue now though, due to the fact that the tractors were designed to use maximum elec at their old max ranges. Now, you run out of elec at short range. The tractor rebalance caused a need for another rebalance :)

And a request: Can we have some non-hitchiker tractors with longer range but less power? Here's an example: My Constable tractor used to be perfect for DGs on my Dread with about 1600 range and medium power. Now, it's too short ranged to work properly for DGs (around 1100 range), but the next better option is my UL, which has plenty of range, but way too much power for that kind of constant use. We need something in between.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
Because if we just added a hard cap, lots of people would have tractors at 9k range which we feel is too much and ridiculous. The balance seems much better to us after the recent changes. Also there's now some room to add higher level tractors.

1.5k range with a Hitchhiker Beta (450 range shown) in a 3 exc. traction exc thrust shrimp? HAHAHAHA, that's fucking useful isn't it guys...

Why not just remove tractors like your removing PvP? it'd be much easier, hell just delete the bloody database whilst your at it.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

What about making all tractors have really weak stats, and having the subskills do only a slight boost.

Then, beef Beam mastery to the point where an endgame DM would have stupidly powerful (extremely low elect, epic range, and ridiculous power) tractors.

Then, give Grav Blockers a Cool Down. A long cool down, like 1 minute or so, with Seer Grav Blockers with a much shorter cool down, like 20 seconds.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Quote:
Why not just remove tractors like your removing PvP? it'd be much easier, hell just delete the bloody database whilst your at it.

Best idea yet.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
What about making all tractors have really weak stats, and having the subskills do only a slight boost.

Then, beef Beam mastery to the point where an endgame DM would have stupidly powerful (extremely low elect, epic range, and ridiculous power) tractors.

Then, give Grav Blockers a Cool Down. A long cool down, like 1 minute or so, with Seer Grav Blockers with a much shorter cool down, like 20 seconds.

Weather that was sincere or sarcasm, /signed!

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

That was serious. I want DM's to have a clear use in PvP, where they can make a major impact.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Team: Kami
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 1993
Class: Engineer

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
That was serious. I want DM's to have a clear use in PvP, where they can make a major impact.

Or just give us low-lifespan, cheap, effective drones which only shoot players.

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:20 pm
over 9000!

Well, I figured that if the SD tries a GB, then he's unhooked the tractor for 10 seconds...only to be grabbed for 60 seconds by a DM, which can pull him in from 3k away and keep him tied down...even with a 3 Sup Thrust Panther powered by a Lion Thrust...all while not denting his energy banks.

Slaves don't get Grav Dis's, so if you push them out, they aren't escaping the tractor.

And being able to move all your enemies is a big thing in combat. If the SD tries to poke you with an excomm to your pax+, push him out and he's not getting near you for another 60sec's, or push him into the Zerker's MD set.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12