It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Suggestions for items
Katherine wrote:
the gravity thingie could be a weapon that shoots tons of phyisical bullets that do no damage in all directions, so it pushes targets back, but cant move the cap ship

Like a Shockwave the Repulser combined?

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

The Voomy One wrote:
On the note of Gunner content. I have created a suggestion on a BP for the Paxian Battlefrigate that has existed for a long time but never been added. Jeff didnt want to simply put a ship like that in ruins because it would be too simple.
So if Jeff approves of my BP we can actually get it added to the game, this ship is focused towards Gunners.

What is this ship going to be on par with, would it be a zerker lion equivalent or zerker zebra equivalent, or you can tell me in terms of Rhino or Appward monk, your choice. :mrgreen:

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

I dont have enough knowledge about the Gunner skill to make that comparisson. I also dont want to reveal any stats, it looks like a pretty cool ship to me.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

jeff mc beth wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
One much-needed feature is a mobile recharger. You equip it, and it increases your regen (both shield and energy) by a ton (maybe +500%, or something), changes your top speed to 0, lowers your resists greatly (so that you don't have a hope of being able to outregen something shooting you), gives -100% damage, ect. This is so you don't have to spend 20 minutes recharging between fights, and has been asked for since capital ships have existed.

Sounds quite nice, as long as its small size, so other classes can use it than just FCs and Gunners, can I also suggest that its a hard bonus, and not percentage, as my dreadnought does 0.93 recurring RPS, 500% of that isn't much, but +1000 RPS is. You follow? :D

Another epic feature would be auto turrets. I think an admin was actually working on these before, but they either gave up or were assigned to something else. You equip these, and they act somewhat like a drone that attaches to your hull. It will shoot at enemies, but give priority to missiles and fighters. An ethereal weapon would be nice for them, so they can actually hit the missiles. They would draw directly off of your energybank, and possibly your shields as well. They could have lower resists than you, making them likely to be targeted in PvP to avoid the massive cap ship resists.

That sounds, looks, and sounds again, very very familiar... What was it.... I can't put my finger on it... Oh yes, that's it... One of Churchill's suggestions... Which I also believe is in Eve, considering I have seen pictures of such thing when I created my 14 day trial, anyway, for a man who hates Churchill, and his suggestions, and even more the ones he ripped from Eve... You don't mind suggesting it yourself do you? XD
Either way, this sounds cool. XD

I'm not sure if this is even possible with the way the game is coded, but some kind of gravity item would be great. It would work like a tractor, but pull in every enemy within range. Unlike a tractor, it would get stronger the closer to the capital ship you are. A push tractor version would also be nice. The capital ship itself would not be moved at all by these, in fact it would make sense for this to give the capital ship a -100% speed debuff while in use, along with other things to balance it (maybe a resist decrease, or something?). Massive elec usage, 500/second or more. It would equip in the aura slot.
Like a Density generator? Sounds cool for some ubers... Pulls in the Shield Monkies and pushes out the Berserkers... Heheh. XD

As I said, admins were already planning to make this long ago. I can proudly say I would have no clue if it was from EvE or not, though it doesn't surprise me that they are in other games. Also, I don't remember Churchill ever suggesting it before, but if he did he just stole it from whatever admin was originally working on it.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: Comandor_J
Level: 2331
Class: Engineer

How about this: Captain's Cape, its a diffuser item its 1 size and gives 5% resistance to crits, stacking it should not stack the effect, no failure rate and if you want it to have a more bizare name call it Kal El's Cape.

Tue May 18, 2010 10:29 pm

The Voomy One wrote:
I dont have enough knowledge about the Gunner skill to make that comparisson. I also dont want to reveal any stats, it looks like a pretty cool ship to me.

Give me a hint of the stats? I'll tell you? XD

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Would the Paxian Battle Frigate happen to have "-50% RoF"?

And, could we have more Tier 1 Combat Freighters, along with 2 new T16 combat freighters? Every newbie in a pax is...odd.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 am

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

I used to have the Paxian Battle Friagate stats from the XML, and yes, I think it was -50% RoF and +60% Damage or so. And it had something in line of +700% Shields and was a Dread+ in my opinion.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:25 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

It wasn't. You were looking at it's +600% energy. But I hope it's going to be changed. I really do. It is crap. Any class in a Reaver is better.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:34 am

I saw the Paxian Battle Frigate stats right of XML a few months ago, it was like a Dread+ with Shield bank and Energy bank bonus.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 am

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266

The Lost One wrote:
I saw the Paxian Battle Frigate stats right of XML a few months ago, it was like a Dread+ with Shield bank and Energy bank bonus.

100% less shield bonus and 100% more energy bonus iirc

Wed May 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411

SimonV2 wrote:
The Lost One wrote:

Tell me its speed and hull and ill be your bitch for like 13 days.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail

shawn_mccall wrote:
SimonV2 wrote:
The Lost One wrote:

Tell me its speed and hull and ill be your bitch for like 13 days.

Hull is like 400-600 if I can remember my conversation from only like, 5 hours ago. XD

Speed I can't remember, but 2 augs 2 weapons, 50% to something, 10 to the rest, 0 to mining. XD

JeffL wrote:

Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

A T20 Light Fighter only laser, no damage, decent size, very high elec useage. 10 seconds cooldown. Gives Warp Interdiction +1 for 5 Seconds.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: thebeast
Level: 2787

About the only items id like to see for Gunner only is Aura Generators, maybe a + dmg one (for mining dmg) or an AI debuff one (reduces resists, shield bank/regen etc.). if those arent possible then perhaps some missiles, only 2 dmg types at the moment makes things real dull.

Napoléon - “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”

Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next