Kill all AI to move on to next level 38%  38%  [ 58 ]
Other (please post your idea) 5%  5%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 149

Team: None
Main: king kone
Level: 37
Class: None

Post Re: Poll: Dungeons
If you would notice, andrez is the same first part of both that account name and Pr0m-demi-god's acc name. I think Pr0m'd know what he's talking about.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: Termite 007
Level: 2736
Class: Shield Monkey

Location: Behind your mother, giving her 10 inches of flavour
Russell wrote:
For a level zero, andrez~, you certainly have a lot to say so i assume you are hiding behind a f2p account .
Ok lets do this....So cheeky to my alts =(

Who are you?
pr0m, I was unable to get to my account for a while.

However fighing for a dg just creates more frustration and annoyance.
But is an essential part of the game, its a challenge. You dont like that, play Pokemon.(which actually isnt that easy ;p)

People who are frustrated are more likely just to stop playing.
Then they need to grow a pair of stones.

I does not help the game at all.

Happy people = successful game.
Happy people is always good but you cant have PvAI 24/7 you need some interaction, which is gotten in the DGs from other vengefull players ;p

That is the bottom line.

Aint my fault you dont like a little violence ;p Some people do, some dont, and those people have to co-exist on the game and I think the balance is set very well atm.
~pr0m

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 am

Team: Star Wars
Main: Galahad
Level: 1619
Class: Berserker

If you removed the keys from the dungeons you would have to do some things to prevent other players from entering the dungeons. It is a good idea and could open many opportunities that would help balancing the flow of loot that gets distributed in the game.

When killing AI, the respawn timer starts when 1. The DG boss is dead or 2. When the dg is say empty for 5 minutes.

A big problem right now is people camping DG's. Camping 1 level over and over and over again to acquire dementium, levels or camp the high level dg boss in a low level dg. (This is why copper was nerfed). Now...I am not saying grinding shouldn't be allowed, but sitting in the same level shouldn't be considered grinding.

A kick out timer should also be initiated when the dg boss is killed as well.

This actually gets people to play the game instead of sitting idle and multitasking.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

No kilroth the problem is not "people camping dungeons" they camp them because the game encourages them to do it.

People play the game because it is enjoyable. If people want to camp dungeons the developers should be providing mechanisms to allow them to.

If you do not address the player satisfaction issue this game is always going to be a small, struggling MMOG.
Give players what they want.

The "flow of loot" is a minor issue compared to player satisfaction.

I am NOT saying give players lots of freebies but I am saying let them do their DGs as long as the want. (ie instance DGs)

If you do feel the need to put some restriction on uber items then the lockout system works well.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Arrowflame wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
Trouser23 wrote:
its nice to have someone able to follow up and scoop big stuff, instancing would ruin that for any low hull dgers. Ubers instanced makes sense to me as long as anything that required a key still required a key

The only possible problem with ubers being instanced is that a higher number of uber commods could be entering the game, we already have 30 minute spawn times, this would effectively cut those spawns to 0 minutes.

First of all, I don't agree that this is necessarily a problem. Building an uber ship is a HUGE money sink in the game. It provided a definite outflow of credits from the game to help prevent hyper-inflationary trends.

The outflow of credits is already large, and whilst it is sink from the game, it also redirects even more wealth towards the super rich players of the game (<3 you SP). Since UZ ships generally build for around 8-10b if you buy everything except the commod and then sell for 20b, more of these are bad for the game in general, especially since these are supposedly "endgame" items currently, Also the outflow from building a UZ ship is nothing compared to the profit made from colonies. The less rare these ships become the less they cost (the more savings people can make on building them in bulk) So they become a less efficient cash sink, since demand has went down, and supply is more efficient, So no making ubers instanced is not the solution imo.

Arrowflame wrote:
Also, do you really propose that there are any ubers that is being killed every 48 times a day? The real limiting factor is the several-day long lockout.

The 30min spawn time does not provide an effective solution for scaling. As the game grows, there will be more and more teams running the ubers... and, with a larger player base we SHOULD be seeing more and more end-game ships/gear. The best long-term way to control the outflow of end-game content is with lockout times, not re-spawn times.

I never suggested that they are being killed 48 times per day. I said they are limited by the spawntime, considering that although the game spans several timezones there are times when most people aren't playing, which basically lowers the number of runs per day from the theoretical 48 to a lower number, since often someone will turn up for an uber and another group are already there, this either leads to some PvP for the spawn, or one group withdraws and does it another day.

Yes lockouts decrease the number of runs per day more than spawntime, but spawns have an important part to play anyway.

I've said in previous posts/other threads somewhere that Yes as the playerbase grows then Instancing could be looked at, but currently it wouldn't be a smart decision, the rate of growth isn't large enough, nor is the playerbase for instancing to be a smart solution compared to simply adding more DGs, adding another spawnpoint for that uber etc.

Arrowflame wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
Instancing = bad for DGs, ubers it might be good, but not DGs.

Actually, instancing is just as important for DGs as it is for Uber-DGs. It would go a long way to preventing the kind of AFK/Leveling that is going on now. In addition, instancing provides for a lot more options in design of how to flow from one level to another.

Instancing DGs would again, crash the market. Dement is at a high price because there is demand, and there are not many of the DGs that drop it, the DGs that do drop it tend to drop it quite a lot. if you eliminate competition in these DGs by letting everyone do them then you crash dement and other DG drop prices.

Basically SS is based around competition, the DG system, the uber system (not as much as it used to be), the base system. all rely on inter-player competition, removing that just makes SS another grindwh0re carebear game...*

*sorry, more of a grindwh0re carebear game...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail

I think it sould be Kill Half of the enemys on that level or if theres not a even number of AI i think you sould kill (amount of AI+1)/2

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 2624
Class: Speed Demon

MasterTrader wrote:
Make it so the re-spawn timer doesn't kick in until all the AI are dead.

thats the only way i would agree to it otherwise for slow kill peeps they couldnt get in to the next lvl

I WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING THEN LIVE LIFE ON MY KNEES...

DRINK FIGHT FUCK

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Murcurian-Icor
Level: 681
Class: Seer

Possably set kill limits to advance instead of killing every AI, almost like how missions do it "1/5 enemies eleiminated" ect... even if the spawn is 10 or 15 or 20..this way classes who have a hard time with swarms (seer/sniper/shield monkey) can advance through the warp by piece meal killing the AI at thier liesure.

As far as camping goes, i think the lockout on ubers is good those shouldnt be camped anyother DG should be open for several reasons. When you kill an uber, you may not get the best drop it drops but the drops from ubers tend to be better overall than an equally hard non uber DG.People camp them for decent drops which seem to have a lower drop rate on decent stuff in my opinion...you kill it & get crate of tweaks & a few mil..damn strait i wanna kill it gain for an item. or maybe its just me that feels this way.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:42 am

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

How about we expand squad sizes, and make it so each different squad spawns a new uber? Make it multiplicative, too, so one squad=1, 2 squads=4, 3 squads=16, 4 squads=64, etc.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Team: Blazing Angels
Main: JohnLuke2
Level: 197
Class: Berserker

i think that the gate should open when all the ai in the dungeon die and close when the everyone that is in the dungeon room warps out (and people squaded with them who came in after the last ai died).

when the gate closes all ai should instantly respawn and shouldnt respawn when the gate is open.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459
Class: Speed Demon

eaterjolly wrote:
i think that the gate should open when all the ai in the dungeon die and close when the everyone that is in the dungeon room warps out (and people squaded with them who came in after the last ai died).

when the gate closes all ai should instantly respawn and shouldnt respawn when the gate is open.

Failsauce. Go to dg level with lots of AI that give lots of experience. Go up, come back down, kill them again. Camping will be worse than ever.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm