It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Team: pantalones
Main: Limpa
Level: 3143
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Feedback Requested: Items vs. Skills
planet scanning 20 requiring eniac omega as a commod... hmm :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Nah, its supposed to be huge, scanning omega class scans from a panther would be epic dumb.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 am

Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

Gamepro08 wrote:
This borderlines "casting magic".

Do you see what you've just done? LOL!

Lol, lets go back 200 years ago, and take some of our technology that we have now.

We have scanners, microscopes, telescopes, guns, radios, all kinds of things that to a man 200 years ago would be considered Magic.

Think about how small and tiny the most powerful of todays scanners may/will be 200 years from now?

EGGZACTLEE!

Magic is any technology that cannot be explained by the viewer, so they just dismiss it as Magic.

It makes perfect sense that scanning could be a NEURALSKILL. And wouldn't our current radars possibly function as scanners? So therefore would our Neural skills allow us to link up with those radars and attain a more finetuned control? And also, if you wanted to do heavy duty scanning you can bring a physical item along which would amplify your innate/trained/enhanced abilities.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Abbara
Level: 1394
Class: Seer

Make ships have slots for these items like augs...

Then you have to equip ENIAC to a specific ship, it cant be removed without being destroyed.

Not sure on the skills idea, seems restrictive to lower level players... where its ahrd enough to get max class skills and sub skills as it is unless ur lvl 2k+...

I think you keep the items, but get rid of the mid tiers... then you install a permanent ship modification such as solar intakes, scanners, etc etc...

Add another feature rich varient on ship setups, meaning we have to put thought into ships not only for their primary function, but also a secondary and tertiary function...?

Just playing devils advocate...

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 am

Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

YES YES YES!

Make more things revolve around the ships themselves, this will cause people to use ships they normally wouldn't use.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:05 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

just means i'll have to waste 800 sp on a bunch of dumb shit ive already acquired through items. I'd much sooner spend my excess SP on something interesting, cough, new skills for t21!

all your proposing is taking out some boring items and replacing them with boring skills = more boredom.

And those loot tables will just be switched to some other useless shit like shrink, or FT Bp's.... :cry:

all these items have a use:
*scanner Z's are used at reset low elec and high range
*armadas used by those pople who dont have an eniac
*eniac used by those pople who are rich

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

As far as scanners go, I'd much rather just see them put up for sale in the AI base to clear room on the loot tables. Seems to me that would be a much easier fix than balancing and coding in all that special skill stuff anyway.

Other than higher tech core skills (which won't need that much SP anyway), SP sinks could be made by making new zen skills and new bar skills. At 50 SP per level, some new levels of research skills would be nice too.

I really can't think of any skills that would be cool to hotkey and use like an item, other than stuff that would basically be sort of like a neurotweak you don't have to carry around with you. If I'm going to have a skill that gives me a bonus, I'd rather just have it all the time than have to spam some hotkey for it.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Mini Micro Warping!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:29 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Just because you can't figure out how Nano Gear works with Very small ships(cough panther and DS), doesn't mean it's useless.

Also, ever heard of selling FT bps at the AI station? I mean, +20m per bp is very bad, especially for hardly any effort. I mean, colonies that make money for no effort after they're setup is not how you make money. /endsarcasm

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Main: Gamepro07
Level: 1818
Class: Seer

MasterTrader wrote:
Gamepro08 wrote:
This borderlines "casting magic".

Do you see what you've just done? LOL!

Lol, lets go back 200 years ago, and take some of our technology that we have now.

We have scanners, microscopes, telescopes, guns, radios, all kinds of things that to a man 200 years ago would be considered Magic.

Think about how small and tiny the most powerful of todays scanners may/will be 200 years from now?

EGGZACTLEE!

Magic is any technology that cannot be explained by the viewer, so they just dismiss it as Magic.

It makes perfect sense that scanning could be a NEURALSKILL. And wouldn't our current radars possibly function as scanners? So therefore would our Neural skills allow us to link up with those radars and attain a more finetuned control? And also, if you wanted to do heavy duty scanning you can bring a physical item along which would amplify your innate/trained/enhanced abilities.

You didn't understand me. I put it in quotes because it is the concept of "casting magic" like in many MMORPGs. You don't have to rant about something I'm not at all talking about, magic and whatnot xD I was more talking about the "casting" part than anything.

I do like Tarik's idea up there in red color, so something like, each ship gets 2 slots or something like that, and they can choose what they want for that ship. And theyre not removable, so you have to choose wisely. Nice "extras" to a ship, that you can only use on that ship. Sounds fair enough, to bring in this whole concept.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

imo what is needed is just seperate skills to allow you to use the items that are scanners, panels, bays, launchers, and pwis. And then subskills akin to the tractoring subskills that give you more stats on each. No reason to just pull out the items completely.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: put in bay/launcher skill and remove the hull tech restriction.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

however u try to make it its old content dressed up as new, unless you're going to make these skill transcend what the item alone does now. Say at the midpoint of the skill training is where the you get the same effect as the item. Beyond that you get something extra, this would make the skills a worthy loss of SP and not simply making a SP sink to achieve what we have already in items.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ArrowHate
Level: 1211

Mid level players already have a huge number of things to spend skill points on. Adding more skills that mid level players must get to participate in base building isn't a good idea, imo. If your goal is to clean up the drop table, then fine. Do so. Move those items out of the drop table and into appropriate AI stations. Low level ones in Pax, mid level in EotU or Bio, and leave the high levels ones as BP.

Who's watching who?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: =Neo=
Level: 2230

Somewhere in there you should be able to know a number of extractors per commod on a planet is, say at a certain level?

=Neo=

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:44 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3